BB65 - Sound Lab
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Beat Battles A dedicated area to discuss Beat Battle contests

Old 10-10-2017, 09:53 AM   #1
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11473504
BB65 - Sound Lab

Alright splicers, dicers, remixers, and noise makers! This is Beat Battle 65!!

For this battle, the focus is on sample manipulation. Cutting, splicing, filtering, reversing, do your worst!
It will consist of three rules, in addition to the normal beat battle rules. And here we go:

THE RULES

1. Craft three sounds from a noise source (i.e. white noise) using filters, delays, reverb, etc. to morph it into an original sound. At least one of these noise sources must be a non-percussive sound (that is, a harmonic instrument).

2. Cut up and utilize a vocal sample. Feel free to use the couple I included in the pack, but also feel free to grab samples from your own library or online at places like [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

3. Create one sound by layering three sounds

That's it! The sounds you make with the above rules should be featured prominently in your track. Do any genre you like. After that, it's the normal beat battle rules. For this one, feel free to use the samples in the pack or any other samples or sound sources you wish to use. If you don't want to use anything in the pack, take it as something you can use in the future.

THE SAMPLES

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

THE DEADLINES

Each battle takes place over two weeks, starting on a Saturday.
Submissions close and votes open at 23:59 on the 11th day Friday.

Voting closes at 23:59 on the 13th day Sunday.

The winner then becomes the Host, and has until 23:59 on the 14th day Monday to post a new thread with a new sample set and new rules.

THE TIMES HAVE CHANGED PEOPLE AND CHANGE IS GOOD!

All times are UTC

THE CHALLENGE

The Battle Host must provide a sample set to be used for the battle. These samples are the only sound sources allowed, unless the Additional Rules for the battle state otherwise. The samples can be anything that the Battle Host has the right to distribute for non-commercial use.

The Battle Host must create three Additional Rules. These can allow or require additional sound sources, or impose any kind of new requirements.

THE CONTEST

Anyone can enter the Battle by posting a link to their entry in the Battle thread. Unless the Additional Rules state otherwise, any processing is allowed and the source samples need not be recognizable. The Host may disqualify any entry that does not meet either the general rules or the additional ones.
Once the submission deadline is reached, the winner is elected by posting votes in the same thread. Anyone is welcome to vote whether they participated or not. In case of a draw, the Host designates the winner between the submissions tied for first place.

Last edited by I/O_Madness; 10-10-2017 at 10:10 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
CHECK OUT THE LATEST BEAT BATTLE!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:06 PM   #2
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1834327
Re: BB65 - Sound Lab

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/O_Madness View Post
Alright splicers, dicers, remixers, and noise makers! This is Beat Battle 65!!

For this battle, the focus is on sample manipulation. Cutting, splicing, filtering, reversing, do your worst!
It will consist of three rules, in addition to the normal beat battle rules. And here we go:

THE RULES

1. Craft three sounds from a noise source (i.e. white noise) using filters, delays, reverb, etc. to morph it into an original sound. At least one of these noise sources must be a non-percussive sound (that is, a harmonic instrument).

2. Cut up and utilize a vocal sample. Feel free to use the couple I included in the pack, but also feel free to grab samples from your own library or online at places like [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

3. Create one sound by layering three sounds

That's it! The sounds you make with the above rules should be featured prominently in your track. Do any genre you like. After that, it's the normal beat battle rules. For this one, feel free to use the samples in the pack or any other samples or sound sources you wish to use. If you don't want to use anything in the pack, take it as something you can use in the future.

THE SAMPLES

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

THE DEADLINES

Each battle takes place over two weeks, starting on a Saturday.
Submissions close and votes open at 23:59 on the 11th day Friday.

Voting closes at 23:59 on the 13th day Sunday.

The winner then becomes the Host, and has until 23:59 on the 14th day Monday to post a new thread with a new sample set and new rules.

THE TIMES HAVE CHANGED PEOPLE AND CHANGE IS GOOD!