Gobbler, cloud backup, daw integration and stuffs.
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 27-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
gbsr
gbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MC
gothenburg, sweden.
MC Status: 33141603
Gobbler, cloud backup, daw integration and stuffs.

yeah. i'm in the beta and i can invite people via referrals, and in retunr i get a wee tiny bit more space, so it's win win if you ask me.
mainly because we all freaking work in audio and we all want it and need it. it's not the best it can be yet, but it's pretty damned sweet and it even got tags and search and whatnots, and it autosyncs projects. granted, the storage could be higher (50gb as of now), but it's a pretty damned good start and it even gives you the option to roll back to previous versions.

so yeah, i figured it would be interesting,, and since this is one of the largest electronic music production forums, you people would probably be interested as well. i am currently sitting with some 6 or 7 discussions with the developers in how to improve it for audio work and trying to shape into the go-to solution for filemanagement and so far they have been great and considerate to our ideas. so, i reckon i would bring in some idmf force so we can shape it up to be the best freaking asset management system/server there is.

unless of course you fancy buying soundminer. :p

so here, grab yourself an invite and go post in the feedback forums once you've played around with it and let's make it fucking awesome: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

no, i don't work for them btw. i'm just excited by this, actually.

Advertisements

------------------
gbsr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
VHS
Minor Glitch
VHS will become famous soon enoughVHS will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110
Re: Gobbler, cloud backup, daw integration and stuffs.

I downloaded it when they first announced it for Mac a while back and until now had totally forgotten about it. I kept using Dropbox instead. I think I'm going to go ahead and try it again over the coming weekend. Thanks for the reminder, gbsr.
VHS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
Evelon
IDMf Artist
Evelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MCEvelon is a savage MC
MC Status: 214389998
Thanked 2,831 Times in 1,764 Posts

Interesting. I will take the plunge and try it out. Thanks!

------------------
Evelon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
mimicry
Deep Underground
mimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MC
MC Status: 6715879

Thanks! Looks promising.

Edit:
I have about 4000 projects to back up, is there any way around doing 8000 clicks to back them all up?

Last edited by mimicry; 28-07-2012 at 12:01 PM..

------------------

Mimicry - Felt Like Walking:
mimicry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
gbsr
gbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MC
gothenburg, sweden.
MC Status: 33141603

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimicry View Post
Thanks! Looks promising.

Edit:
I have about 4000 projects to back up, is there any way around doing 8000 clicks to back them all up?
afaik you can batch queue them to do it. i think, can't remember. once it's done though, it's more a matter of set and forget.

------------------
gbsr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #6
mimicry
Deep Underground
mimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MC
MC Status: 6715879

It seems that the win version doesn't have batch processes, it's missing a lot of other features as well. But I understand that the win version was released pretty recently, so hopefully they'll keep improving it.

I'd like to back up samples, presets etc as well, hopefully it can be done in the future. When I have the time, I'll browse through the forums to see if I have something new to add to the suggestions.

Advertisements

------------------

Mimicry - Felt Like Walking:
mimicry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote