What do you think of Komplete 8?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 21-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #1
Apue
Regular Freak
Apue is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
What do you think of Komplete 8?

I'm now using both ableton suite & logic 9. I'm astonished the quality & complexities of Logic studio 9.
I tend to use the Logic only.
So I'm thinking to sell the ableton then purchase either Komplete 8 or other 3rd party VST.

What do you think about the sound engine among Komplete 8, Logic studio 9 and Ableton suite 8?
TBH, I haven't learned much about the ableton's potential. Will Komplete 9 complement to either Logic studio 9 or the ableton suite?

Also what would you think to buy a Korg R3 instead of the Komplete 8?

My favorite genre is dance music (trance) of course!

Advertisements

Apue is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #2
aeoR
Savage Mad Cunt
aeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MC
MC Status: 13020926
Re: What do you think of Komplete 8?

You're talking different things, can't compare DAWs and VSTs and Controllers and all.

But if you don't have Komplete, I've bought the 7 and I'm really satisfied in all their range of product, totally worth it. Was thinking of upgrading to 8 but seriously mostly for the Kontakt update since it's such a great sampler and there are cool stuff out in the new version.

Can't help on other topics tho..
aeoR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

You'll have to sort through the results but here's 259 more threads that discuss NI Komplete or an aspect of.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2011, 11:08 PM   #4
: twilight :
Radial Developer
: twilight : is a savage MC: twilight : is a savage MC: twilight : is a savage MC: twilight : is a savage MC: twilight : is a savage MC: twilight : is a savage MC: twilight : is a savage MC: twilight : is a savage MC: twilight : is a savage MC: twilight : is a savage MC: twilight : is a savage MC
MC Status: 761918

^agreed

But I use logic 9 and komplete 5 (yes it's old) but I love it, wouldn't change a thing. Very stable. Except for of course the AUs that arent supported by NI anymore... i.e. Pro53, akustik piano, elektrik piano.... Assholes! But I'm sure komplete 8 will be more than satisfying! 5 is!

------------------
: twilight : is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 03:31 AM   #5
Apue
Regular Freak
Apue is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Sweet.
I couldn't find a explicit thread about the Komplete 8.
Before delving into the Komplete 8, should I learn about the basic operation of synths and existing plug-ins provided in Logic 9?
To be honest, I'm not good at tweaking the synths sound well.
Apue is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2011, 08:14 PM   #6
aeoR
Savage Mad Cunt
aeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MCaeoR is a savage MC
MC Status: 13020926

You probably should. Understanding your DAW is primary to understanding synthesis, and other VSTs.

You could also learn everything at the same time, progress might be slower and more confused sometimes, but I've learned that way and I'm probably not alone.

Advertisements

aeoR is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote