How long should Komplete 9 ultimate take to install?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 30-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC
Rhode Island
MC Status: 10960
How long should Komplete 9 ultimate take to install?

i am a bit worried now as it has been almost 4 hours now installing, and it is just past 10% installed. at this rate, it will take 40 hours to install, which seems a lot longer than it should end up taking. could there potentially be something wrong? if so, what should i do? i do not want to unplug it or cancel installation as this could damage content.

Advertisements

------------------
SyMTiK
(~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~(~^.^) ~
Berklee College of Music '21

_Mystik_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #2
eesn
Knob Twiddler
eesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond repute
London
MC Status: 4010
Re: How long should Komplete 9 ultimate take to install?

i hope you're not copying all that hundreds of GB of content over slow-speed USB........
eesn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #3
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by eesn View Post
i hope you're not copying all that hundreds of GB of content over slow-speed USB........
its the only cable that it comes with, a slow ass usb 2.0 cable.

------------------
SyMTiK

Old 30-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
eesn
Knob Twiddler
eesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond reputeeesn has a reputation beyond repute
London
MC Status: 4010

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Mystik_ View Post
its the only cable that it comes with, a slow ass usb 2.0 cable.
usb 2 can do 30mb/sec no problem so 300gb wouldn't stay at 10% after 4 hours..
eesn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #5
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
Rhode Island

its stayed the same now for 6 hours. contacted tech support. should also mention that upon opening my box, it was sliding around in the bottom of the box, rather than in place in its little card board housing. the installer log also shows that it has not done anything for the past few hours. very angry that i spent hard earned money on a product that wont even install!

------------------
SyMTiK

Old 30-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #6
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8538680
Thanked 6,955 Times in 4,948 Posts

Is it possible the installer crashed? That's a crazy huge install. Could the install max your ram or something?
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2013, 11:58 PM   #7
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Is it possible the installer crashed? That's a crazy huge install. Could the install max your ram or something?
It could've, because it appeared that the installer stopped responding. I will try installing again after i update to OSX mavericks. I'm just updating in case there might be an installer bug that was fixed or something.bif it doesnt work, I will return it and request that they send another. If they dont, I'm never bothering with their company again. Might as well just torrent the fucking thing at that point after spending $350 on it.

------------------
SyMTiK

Old 31-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #8
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
It could've, because it appeared that the installer stopped responding. I will try installing again after i update to OSX mavericks. I'm just updating in case there might be an installer bug that was fixed or something.bif it doesnt work, I will return it and request that they send another. If they dont, I'm never bothering with their company again. Might as well just torrent the fucking thing at that point after spending $350 on it.
NI customer service is slow sometimes but theyve always resolved my issues. Have you considered installing a few things at a time? That might help. Komplete 9 U is huge...do you need it all at once?
Old 31-12-2013, 12:09 AM   #9
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
NI customer service is slow sometimes but theyve always resolved my issues. Have you considered installing a few things at a time? That might help. Komplete 9 U is huge...do you need it all at once?
i could see if it lets me do that. however, i think you need to install all of it in order to authorize it. im not sure.

------------------
SyMTiK

Old 31-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #10
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
Rhode Island

wait i just checked - its possible. ill try just uploading the kontakt instruments, as thats all i want for now

------------------
SyMTiK

Old 31-12-2013, 12:17 AM   #11
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
wait i just checked - its possible. ill try just uploading the kontakt instruments, as thats all i want for now
There you go ;p nice buy...how'd you get ultimate that cheap?
Old 31-12-2013, 12:20 AM   #12
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
Rhode Island

ITS WORKING!!! just selected some of the kontakt libraries i wanted. installing pretty quick now

it was on sale, the upgrades were half off so i threw my money at the screen

------------------
SyMTiK

Old 31-12-2013, 12:23 AM   #13
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
The AK Rowdy Rowdy

Quote:
ITS WORKING!!! just selected some of the kontakt libraries i wanted. installing pretty quick now

it was on sale, the upgrades were half off so i threw my money at the screen
Ah. Nice. Enjoy
Old 31-12-2013, 12:37 AM   #14
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
Rhode Island

I will! It's almost at 50% installed of the 90 gb of content I chose

------------------
SyMTiK

Old 31-12-2013, 04:46 AM   #15
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
Rhode Island

got it all installed now, only took a little under two hours. i did two 90 gb installs (the other 70 gb missing was the stuff i already had from komplete 8)

however, rc 24 and rc 48 are two online downloads. after registering my software, it still wont let me download them, which is a little discouraging, but i think i can wait on two little reverb units considering i just installed 200 gb of plugins.

------------------
SyMTiK

Old 01-01-2014, 06:17 PM   #16
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
golly gee wiz
MC Status: 329124900
Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,163 Posts

I just checked my complete install and it is komplete 8 ultimate ,but i seem to be missing some stuff?like kontact libraries razor and a couple othr things.i wil have to investigate this further.???
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #17
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixtr View Post
I just checked my complete install and it is komplete 8 ultimate ,but i seem to be missing some stuff?like kontact libraries razor and a couple othr things.i wil have to investigate this further.???
thats odd? do they show up as activated in the service center? are you referring to them not showing up on the install hard drive?

------------------
SyMTiK

Old 03-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #18
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
golly gee wiz
MC Status: 329124900
Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,163 Posts

Quote:
thats odd? do they show up as activated in the service center? are you referring to them not showing up on the install hard drive?
will be checking today.
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:12 PM   #19
radiowaves
Savage Mad Cunt
radiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MCradiowaves is a savage MC
MC Status: 24505865

Komplete has been one of the nastiest software I have ever used. Takes up so much space etc, slow, complicated, didn't get it to work. Not my thing.

Maybe the installer or the angel in your computer tries to tell you something? Maybe it is a message?
radiowaves is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:57 PM   #20
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiowaves View Post
Komplete has been one of the nastiest software I have ever used. Takes up so much space etc, slow, complicated, didn't get it to work. Not my thing.

Maybe the installer or the angel in your computer tries to tell you something? Maybe it is a message?
nah i got it installed. the installer on my mac crashed yet didnt really show it, it was just going up in time constantly yet wasnt transferring any data. unplugged the hard drive and tried again, and it installed in less than 2 hours. so i pretty much wasted 6 hours of my life for nothing haha. it was kompletely worth it (see what i did there? ), ive been wanting damage, action strings, evolve + mutations 1 and 2, the giant, alicias keys, razor, and monark forever. saw it on sale for 325 for the upgrade, and i had to go for it. some of the stuff ill never use (namely the bass guitars and scarbee funk guitar) but everything else was stuff i would completely use, and have been using. i thought i wouldnt like the mixing plugins, but after using them, they are actually a lot better than i thought they would be (cause you know NI, not really the first name in dynamics haha) and i use the vintage compressors especially a lot now, theyre easy to use and sound great. the reverbs were nice too, when mixed properly they have a great sound.

probably the best thing i ever bought actually haha, next to spitfire albion which is pretty effing awesome. i actually dont think ive ever gotten a piece of gear for producing that i havent been thoroughly satisfied with. the only piece of music gear ive ever been unhappy with was my traktor s4. not that it was bad its great, but i found out quickly that i wasnt nearly as passionate about djing as i was about producing. still trying to sell it actually, i was really mad at myself for buying it cause it was a $600 waste of money for me. oh well atleast it taught me a lesson: dont buy something unless you know you really have a use for it.

Advertisements

------------------
SyMTiK