I/O ipad/iphone Audio quality
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 25-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE
MC Status: 526570
I/O ipad/iphone Audio quality

So I have an Ipad and although I never bought it to use as a audio effect or instument but rather for all the interesting sequencer apps available thus far -

Yet I'm seeing a lot of what some are calling "PRO" audio apps by companies like Moog and Korg to name a few.

My question tho has always been about the sound quality. Most of the apps such as the Moog filter one allow incoming audio to be affected by the app then there is the random synth and drum apps. But nowhere do I see any documentation on the input and or output quality of the ipad nor the apps involved...! Is it 41000 or less, more? IDK? Do you?

Advertisements

agent is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: stuff
Old 27-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #2
aviator
Minor Glitch
aviator is currently spamming hard
Missouri
MC Status: 10
Re: I/O ipad/iphone Audio quality

Try emailing them, I'm sure you'll get a response in a day or less

------------------
I've been producing for almost 3 years now. Take a look around my soundcloud and drop a comment and I'll be sure to check your tracks.

aviator is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #3
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Try emailing them, I'm sure you'll get a response in a day or less

Who Apple? LOL...? The devs of the apps..? Guess I could seems like this info should be available and based on the apps and the nature of auio input functions of the iPad should have been included in the documentation presented with the iPad, or at least on a apple ipad tech site.. Bleh

I've googled it and never found specs in regards to the quality, just a bunch of audiophile sites revieing the percieved quality.
Old 27-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #4
DoctaMario
Soundscaper
DoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MCDoctaMario is a savage MC
Ca$hville, TN
MC Status: 447799

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent View Post
So I have an Ipad and although I never bought it to use as a audio effect or instument but rather for all the interesting sequencer apps available thus far -

Yet I'm seeing a lot of what some are calling "PRO" audio apps by companies like Moog and Korg to name a few.

My question tho has always been about the sound quality. Most of the apps such as the Moog filter one allow incoming audio to be affected by the app then there is the random synth and drum apps. But nowhere do I see any documentation on the input and or output quality of the ipad nor the apps involved...! Is it 41000 or less, more? IDK? Do you?
41000 is the standard and with all the people using these apps now, I highly doubt the companies would put out an app that works at less. So I'd assume it's 41000, but like aviator said, email the companies who made the apps and see what you can find out.
DoctaMario is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #5
agent
Deep Underground
SEATTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctaMario View Post
41000 is the standard and with all the people using these apps now, I highly doubt the companies would put out an app that works at less. So I'd assume it's 41000, but like aviator said, email the companies who made the apps and see what you can find out.
Do you know if that is also the max at which the iPad itself can take in and record audio? As in if you could make an app that records at 96?
Old 28-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #6
dapt funk
Soundwave Mangler
dapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MCdapt funk is a savage MC
MC Status: 12698306

The max line input is 48kHz for iOS. Most of the audio specs from apple are fairly lacking in information so its very difficult to find out things like SNR, THD etc. Your probably better off checking the specs of the apps or the hardware connections [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

dapt funk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote