[Future] Bruzy - Best thing
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 28-01-2017, 02:04 PM   #1
Bruzy
Analog Lurker
Bruzy is just really niceBruzy is just really niceBruzy is just really niceBruzy is just really nice
MC Status: 360
[Future] Bruzy - Best thing

Opinions?

Advertisements

Bruzy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Future] Bruzy - Best thing.
Old 28-01-2017, 06:41 PM   #2
FairyLand INC.
Microknight
FairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud ofFairyLand INC. has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1160
Re: [Future] Bruzy - Best thing

this is pretty sick man - really dig that stuttery synth, like how it pans around a bit and the vocal samples, drop was lovely... that organ pad is lovely and dark - but yea good job man, really nice mix as well.... Followed on Soundcloud.... BRAP!

------------------
FairyLand INC. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2017, 09:14 PM   #3
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10377667

Nah melody was incoherent not matching the bass...

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 06:39 AM   #4
Taaz
Radial Developer
Taaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MCTaaz is a savage MC
North Dakota Eh
MC Status: 26008

I like it. The highs take alot of attention though maybe a little too much compared to the drums and bass, apart from that I was feelin it

------------------
Taaz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 08:02 AM   #5
Narukami Music
Master of the LFO
Narukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160

Hey man, just checked this out. I really dig the ambient soundscapes, it really gave the track this atmospheric vibe.

Imo, there's a lot of great individual elements but you didn't do a good job combining those elements together. Every individual element like they're trying to get your attention instead of sounding like one cohesive track.

The drums were lacking in this song. For a genre/sound like this, you really needed punchier drums. The kick felt sloppy, and it wasn't really loud enough. The snare could've been louder and punchier too.

I also felt like the square chords drop synth-thing was really weak. It felt like you were banking on the LFO to sell the track. Granted, the LFO was really cool, it didn't make up for the weak synth. More layering would make this work.

Finally, there was too much compression or limiting or sidechaining in the track. It was really uncomfortable and unenjoyable.

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 12:08 PM   #6
Bruzy
Analog Lurker
Bruzy is just really niceBruzy is just really niceBruzy is just really niceBruzy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyLand INC. View Post
this is pretty sick man - really dig that stuttery synth, like how it pans around a bit and the vocal samples, drop was lovely... that organ pad is lovely and dark - but yea good job man, really nice mix as well.... Followed on Soundcloud.... BRAP!
Made my day, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focalized View Post
Nah melody was incoherent not matching the bass...
Why do you say that? I could solo the track of the bass and main melody so you can see it is fitting really tight..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taaz View Post
I like it. The highs take alot of attention though maybe a little too much compared to the drums and bass, apart from that I was feelin it
Well, I kinda tried it to take all the attention in the final parts. Ty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narukami Music View Post
Hey man, just checked this out. I really dig the ambient soundscapes, it really gave the track this atmospheric vibe.

Imo, there's a lot of great individual elements but you didn't do a good job combining those elements together. Every individual element like they're trying to get your attention instead of sounding like one cohesive track.

The drums were lacking in this song. For a genre/sound like this, you really needed punchier drums. The kick felt sloppy, and it wasn't really loud enough. The snare could've been louder and punchier too.

I also felt like the square chords drop synth-thing was really weak. It felt like you were banking on the LFO to sell the track. Granted, the LFO was really cool, it didn't make up for the weak synth. More layering would make this work.

Finally, there was too much compression or limiting or sidechaining in the track. It was really uncomfortable and unenjoyable.

What elements you specificly mean? And how could I combine then better? Fades? Timing? Voulme?
I Didnt feel it so ill be glad to know what do you mean?

Again I was glad with the drums but wrote to myself give attention to suitable drum samples and volume and sidechain I guess

You didnt like the synth itself?

I dont believe the sidechaining and compression makes the track feel unenjoyable I doubt if they get attention at all..
Thank you for your opinion mate!
Old 29-01-2017, 12:18 PM   #7
MFXxx
IDMf Supporter
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1837627

It's over 80% of the way there. Im going to agree with the compression, it's a little too heavy with elements ie the rhodes keys and kick cutting each other out too much. Pull it back a little.

Are you using stauration on various parts as it's clashing the sounds if you are, or maybe youve've over compressed each element of the track.

Im not sure and cant put my finger on it. Pull the volumes down and work up, then tinker with the volumeon the channels each in turn to see how each track is impacting the other.

No iea on your workflow and mixing setup, but I think if you focus on the mix levels, compression you might get a cleaner more comfortable sounding mix.

------------------
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 01:55 PM   #8
Narukami Music
Master of the LFO
Narukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MCNarukami Music is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruzy View Post
What elements you specificly mean? And how could I combine then better? Fades? Timing? Voulme?
I Didnt feel it so ill be glad to know what do you mean?

Again I was glad with the drums but wrote to myself give attention to suitable drum samples and volume and sidechain I guess

You didnt like the synth itself?

I dont believe the sidechaining and compression makes the track feel unenjoyable I doubt if they get attention at all..
Thank you for your opinion mate!
Well, each individual instrument sounded good but I really didn't feel like they blended well together. Like, the rhode had this nice low mids, warm tone to it but the squarewave synth has very little low mids, so they both sound really separated.

Looking back, the drums actually matched the song quite well, I'll retract my previous statements. I apologize.

The synth is close to sounding good but it just sounded cheap and not well designed. It certainly has potential but it just didn't hit the mark.

I still think there's a bit too much compression. The ducking is quite distracting.

Anyways, these are just some two cents. As MFXX said, it's close to sounding great but there's just these little issues that are quite jarring.

------------------
Narukami Music is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 06:28 PM   #9
AetherSound
Granular Poster
AetherSound is just really niceAetherSound is just really niceAetherSound is just really niceAetherSound is just really nice
boulder, colorado

created headspace for me solid job, I like the drop and build at the end, felt like it could use maybe one more piece though
AetherSound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2017, 07:18 PM   #10
Bruzy
Analog Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AetherSound View Post
created headspace for me solid job, I like the drop and build at the end, felt like it could use maybe one more piece though
What do you mean by "created headspace"?
Ty for ur time mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
It's over 80% of the way there. Im going to agree with the compression, it's a little too heavy with elements ie the rhodes keys and kick cutting each other out too much. Pull it back a little.

Are you using stauration on various parts as it's clashing the sounds if you are, or maybe youve've over compressed each element of the track.

Im not sure and cant put my finger on it. Pull the volumes down and work up, then tinker with the volumeon the channels each in turn to see how each track is impacting the other.

No iea on your workflow and mixing setup, but I think if you focus on the mix levels, compression you might get a cleaner more comfortable sounding mix.
No saturation
Probably compression, although I didnt feel it in the mix but after exporting I noticed that while listening thorgh phone speakers, Noted.
Old 29-01-2017, 07:18 PM   #11
AetherSound
Granular Poster
AetherSound is just really niceAetherSound is just really niceAetherSound is just really niceAetherSound is just really nice
boulder, colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruzy View Post
What do you mean by "created headspace"?
Ty for ur time mate
just kinda that spacy feel
AetherSound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2017, 12:14 AM   #12
Bruzy
Analog Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AetherSound View Post
just kinda that spacy feel
Oh, haha I guess its good
Old 05-02-2017, 12:40 AM   #13
Bruzy
Analog Lurker

more?

Advertisements