What ya'll been up to - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 23-09-2017, 03:40 AM   #21
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8534080
Thanked 6,863 Times in 4,888 Posts
Re: What ya'll been up to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovacean View Post
lmao this is spot on. its finally started to cool down here. last month it was constantly 100+ degrees... AT ALL TIMES hahah.

but yes. id rather kick it in the dry heat than walk outside and sweat gallons before I even get to my car.

...and yeah, it's been a crazy ride... but worth it. I love it here, not because of the 24/7 party life though. We rarely ever hit the strip unless we're THAT bored. Or I've been in this room for days on end and just need to get outta here (last night, lmao).

And no assumptions needed. It's a crab barrel back home. Pretty much every club or venue I dj'd at has either shut down or just stopped doing things. I had a residency at a hookah bar and since i've left, I haven't really seen a lot going on there :/
I'm way to old to move somewhere for the party lol. Shit, I rarely visit a place for the party these days : ) Though I did have way too much fun at Movement in Detroit this year.

I feel ya on the nothing going on thing...in my neck of the woods it seems as soon as a club night or weekly/monthly event just begins to gain momentum it disapears overnight. Belive it or not Ohio and specifically the northeast end of the state (my long time stomping grounds) used to be the absolute shit for dance music. We regularly got European headliners. Not so much these days.

Advertisements

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
Ovacean (29-09-2017)
Old 23-09-2017, 04:03 PM   #22
FRAZDOG
Space Cowboy
FRAZDOG is a savage MCFRAZDOG is a savage MCFRAZDOG is a savage MCFRAZDOG is a savage MCFRAZDOG is a savage MCFRAZDOG is a savage MCFRAZDOG is a savage MCFRAZDOG is a savage MCFRAZDOG is a savage MCFRAZDOG is a savage MCFRAZDOG is a savage MC
Centennial, Colorado
MC Status: 2330317

How do I sum up the time that I've been away? Meh, it wasn't all that, nor the bag of crisps. Anywho, I feel like I'm finding my groove in many aspects of my life. Being a homeowner now for the last 3 years has been good. There is always a project to steal my attention it seems. If it's not the sprinklers for the lawn, it's the lawn mower, or the plumbing, or the number of rooms that could use updated/painted, or....

Over the course of the last year, I've been quite involved with a Homebrew Club. They meet not too far from my house, and it led to an opportunity for my GF and I to be in front of the camera for a change instead of supporting the production. I'd say that it is somewhat one of my biggest 15 minutes of fame. It was supported by the ABInBev, and I'm not complaining. Of course anyone who has a bit of a music background can tell I can't play the hand drums to save anyone. I find it all in good fun, and it really helped up my homebrew game. I can brew 10 gallons of a tasty beverage instead of the 5 I could do before. I'd link, but can't seem to find it right now. Viceland Beerland: Colorado S1-Ep4 if you have any interest.

I've been on a break with music and photography, and only recently been back at it. While I was working for NBCUniversal, they somewhat sucked a bit of my soul away. I scored a bit more kit to produce with, and didn't really do much recording/writing. I was jamming with some co-workers, and that was good enough. We'd get together Once a week, and blow off some steam. I've been unemployed for nearly a year now, and have a new job lined up, and in a holding pattern until I can start. Just waiting on a few signatures, or so they tell me.

I was pretty inspired to meet our very own Silent Strangers on his recent trip to Colorado. I caught a show he played at at a local Art House. It was total warehouse style, and pretty rad. He was stuck here due to airplanes not wanting to fly toward an active hurricane, so I helped give him a brief introduction to Colorado. I had a great time.

Having a dog for the last 3 years has been quite beneficial. I've not been in a place to really care for an animal due to my instability of my living arrangements. Now that I have a place I see myself staying at for a while, I decided it was time to rescue a friend from a shelter. Great choice. It's been one of those roads that is up and down. Fish are one thing, and dogs require a bit more interaction, and it's been good for my mental health.

I'm so glad to see that some of the old names are still bumping around here, and some new ones as well. It's even better to read that some of Y'all are doing well, or well enough to write about it. This is a good thread, and thank you for starting it!

------------------
FRAZDOG is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2017, 10:26 PM   #23
Ovacean
Regular Freak
Ovacean is a splendid one to beholdOvacean is a splendid one to beholdOvacean is a splendid one to beholdOvacean is a splendid one to beholdOvacean is a splendid one to beholdOvacean is a splendid one to behold
Las Vegas, Nevada
MC Status: 660

Agreed. Lol. I came here to network with people about music. Hell I've been in the side room totally forgetting about the music part of the forum lolol.
Ovacean is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Ovacean
Automageddon (25-09-2017)
Old 25-09-2017, 03:33 AM   #24
Vault O)))
Cumplete Retard
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 37710

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovacean View Post
Agreed. Lol. I came here to network with people about music. Hell I've been in the side room totally forgetting about the music part of the forum lolol.
I've always thought that was kind of the point, so you're just one of us now

------------------
Totally not clickbait this time, I swear
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
Ovacean (29-09-2017)
Old 26-09-2017, 05:04 PM   #25
Ovacean
Regular Freak
Ovacean is a splendid one to beholdOvacean is a splendid one to beholdOvacean is a splendid one to beholdOvacean is a splendid one to beholdOvacean is a splendid one to beholdOvacean is a splendid one to behold
Las Vegas, Nevada
MC Status: 660

Lolol basically. Lol been doing grown up stuff for the past couple of days and was about to go to the gym and stopped like. "let me see what everybodys up to. lmao"

ok BRB. before i get sidetracked and never make it to the gym hahah

*edit*

got on to email tracks to myself to sound check while i work out.

....forgot to do it. YOU ARE ALL BAD INFLUENCES.

.......brb again.

Advertisements

Ovacean is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Ovacean
Vault O))) (29-09-2017)