[techno] - chase dobson - interface/interference
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 09-06-2017, 06:11 PM   #1
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1535327
Thanked 1,942 Times in 1,241 Posts
[techno] - chase dobson - interface/interference

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Private link again, I think this and the last tune I posted up here are the beginnings of a new release, what I'll call it or how I'll try to "get it out there" is a real mystery at this point as I don't know labels or fuck all about the type of music I am making. I just know that I am enjoying making it so.... yeah, theres that.

Last edited by A.M; 08-07-2017 at 11:07 PM.. Reason: Deleted redundant dead player link from post.

Advertisements

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [techno] - chase dobson - interface/interference.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:27 PM   #2
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 25810
Re: [techno] - chase dobson - interface/interference

Nice man.
My only comment is one of personal taste, that this is more melodic than the kind of techno that I personally go after, but other than that not much criticism one my part.
Maybe a longer intro thing might make it more DJ friendly, that's about it.

Unrelated, does this mean your NIN soundalike stuff is donesoe?
Cheers

Last edited by jbvdb493; 09-06-2017 at 09:47 PM..

------------------
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:33 PM   #3
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42387249
Thanked 5,065 Times in 3,303 Posts

Yes please. More.

Oh I'd turn down the bass drum just a tiny smidge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post
I don't know labels or fuck all about the type of music I am making. I just know that I am enjoying making it so....
imo that means you're doing it right. I often wonder how many are limiting themselves by desperately trying to be this or that instead of just letting it flow.

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 10:14 PM   #4
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdb493 View Post
Nice man.
My only comment is one of personal taste, that this is more melodic than the kind of techno that I personally go after, but other than that not much criticism one my part.
Maybe a longer intro thing might make it more DJ friendly, that's about it.

Unrelated, does this mean your NIN soundalike stuff is donesoe?
Cheers

thanks for having a listen! actually, no, the industrial stuff is only back burnered for a bit, had a vocalist interested but sort of flaked out, and another who i am REALLY interested in collaborating with who is taking a little time, he's pretty well established, so working on several projects and we are both in tour mode so it's still a ways out on seeing a proper release.

:edit: that being said, the other things i've been doing (this stuff and the atmospheric metal tunes) have been able to be completed on the solo tip.

Last edited by chasedobson; 09-06-2017 at 10:29 PM..

------------------
Old 10-06-2017, 03:58 PM   #5
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 106600
Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,375 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Stercogburn View Post
Yes please. More.

Oh I'd turn down the bass drum just a tiny smidge.

I like the sound of it in the mix, but when the song is stripped down, the sound of the bass drum stands out a bit.

Digging the reverbed out backgrounds - the sidechaining sounds good. Maybe if there were some straight sections with less though? I think you could play up what's going on there and automate the reverb in a couple of places and just let it all go into a big wash of sound.

All just ideas of things I think would be cool. It's already sounding good.

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:23 PM   #6
Toothpinch
Radial Developer
Toothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant futureToothpinch has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1960

No critique. just want to say it's very cool.
Great sound and space.

------------------
Toothpinch is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 04:48 PM   #7
Artificer
Digital Surfer
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 32710

That's some ending credits jam right there.

I'm with the rest of the crowd that the bass drum could come down. It was loud but tolerable near-field, downright distracting on headphones.

As always with your tunes, what stands out to me is the quality of the sound design and how well everything sits together in the mix. This is no exception. Really nice piece.
Artificer is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:46 PM   #8
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

kick drum, check! great call guys, its hard to tell as im doing the touring thing and low end mixing w the gear i carry is hard to judge, i like heavly low but i also know that sometimes i tend to get excited and over do it.

------------------
Old 11-06-2017, 05:49 PM   #9
Qianta
IDMf Artist
Qianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MCQianta is a savage MC
YEAH THAT'LL SHOW EM!
MC Status: 2413671

howdy! so i know this is techno and it's suppose to be repetitive, that being said, i really like the intro the song and how the baseline comes in, and i'm all for repetition I like the atmosphere of the song, HOWEVER ONE THING:
your alter ego is called Cellar Graves, and that synth thing that comes in at 1:02 is too HAPPY for my taste. Not sure if you were aiming for happy melodic sounds, but what I thought: (cellar graves) * (techno) = hard-techno, and instead i got an axe murderer with a rusty axe and a pink belt

i want to hear the screams of the victims of the axe murder! and i couldn't hear them because of that happy synth you added

------------------
COME SHOW YOUR CREATIVITY, MAKE SOMETHING IN LESS THAN 20 MINUTES!

Qianta is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:37 PM   #10
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269461908
Thanked 2,766 Times in 1,839 Posts

Everything on this track is top-notch.
The thing I loved the most are the hi hats though, I don't there's something about them...

Not sure I dig the lead, but more of a matter of taste, I would have liked something darker.

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:19 PM   #11
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qianta View Post
howdy! so i know this is techno and it's suppose to be repetitive, that being said, i really like the intro the song and how the baseline comes in, and i'm all for repetition I like the atmosphere of the song, HOWEVER ONE THING:
your alter ego is called Cellar Graves, and that synth thing that comes in at 1:02 is too HAPPY for my taste. Not sure if you were aiming for happy melodic sounds, but what I thought: (cellar graves) * (techno) = hard-techno, and instead i got an axe murderer with a rusty axe and a pink belt

i want to hear the screams of the victims of the axe murder! and i couldn't hear them because of that happy synth you added

Ah! The cellar graves thing is misleading. I write industrial music as cellar graves, this project has only been privately shared via that SoundCloud handle because I don't want or need to create a new one, also because these new tunes are without an alias currently. If you want to hear the scary side, go to the main page for cellar graves, it'll make more sense then!

Last edited by chasedobson; 11-06-2017 at 08:21 PM..

------------------
Old 11-06-2017, 08:16 PM   #12
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
Everything on this track is top-notch.
The thing I loved the most are the hi hats though, I don't there's something about them...

house loop from a library, chopped, re-sequenced, high passed, bitcrushed and occasionally beat repeated! oh, and then processed on a bus with Sound Toys Decapitator.

------------------
Old 13-06-2017, 02:37 AM   #13
jVs
IDMf Supporter
jVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MCjVs is a savage MC
Scruffy City
MC Status: 105317639

Chase this track is beyond words for me. Its not always that when I listen to a track with merely an idea of what I anticipate it to be not only blows my psyche out of the water but paints an intense picture of fast moving green lights in a tunnel of smooth concrete, Wings of polished silver begin to form out of the automobiles built in the city of Fritz Lang's Metropolis. Intensity +100
Your musick speaks well for your passion.

The listening booth is on fire this year.

------------------
:notafinga: Make synths 1984 again.
jVs is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2017, 01:09 PM   #14
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jVs View Post
Chase this track is beyond words for me. Its not always that when I listen to a track with merely an idea of what I anticipate it to be not only blows my psyche out of the water but paints an intense picture of fast moving green lights in a tunnel of smooth concrete, Wings of polished silver begin to form out of the automobiles built in the city of Fritz Lang's Metropolis. Intensity +100
Your musick speaks well for your passion.

The listening booth is on fire this year.
ah fook man, you're too kind!

------------------
Old 13-06-2017, 01:16 PM   #15
TheSampleThief
Analog Lurker
TheSampleThief is a splendid one to beholdTheSampleThief is a splendid one to beholdTheSampleThief is a splendid one to beholdTheSampleThief is a splendid one to beholdTheSampleThief is a splendid one to beholdTheSampleThief is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 660

very cool track, good job!

Can't really think of anything I'd change, except give us more of that stuff! ^^

------------------
TheSampleThief is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2017, 06:33 PM   #16
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

thanks much!

------------------
Old 15-06-2017, 12:52 PM   #17
Dr. Sleaze
Microknight
Dr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not who or where you think I am.
MC Status: 3710

Really liking this!. For some reason it takes me back to the late 90's, and listening to the "Global Underground" CDs at chillouts, but it has that disrorted bite from Industrial that I like. A rather spendid combination. Keep it up.
Dr. Sleaze is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2017, 08:53 PM   #18
jonistaken
Radial Developer
jonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nicejonistaken is just really nice
MC Status: 428

Industrial bass sound is pretty sweet. Like how minimal the composition is kept. Production sounds great. I agree with other comments on the 90s vibe.

------------------
jonistaken is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2017, 03:43 AM   #19
Mario D
Sample Destroyer
Mario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond reputeMario D has a reputation beyond repute
Croatia
MC Status: 2960

Great sound. Repetative? Is that what techno is supposed to sound? :problemofficer:
Really nice and deep sound.

------------------
Mario D is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2017, 10:25 PM   #20
chasedobson
bulletunderabloodredsky
Denver, CO

thanks! (:

Advertisements

------------------