[AMBIENT] / / A T H E N S / / - *~* S l e e p y ~
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 26-05-2017, 01:37 PM   #1
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC
Rhode Island
MC Status: 10960
[AMBIENT] / / A T H E N S / / - *~* S l e e p y ~

So I havent posted anything on my "aesthetic" account in forever since I created it, and I want to start posting on it more, so Im bringing it back with this drone I created the other day. I was playing around with sine waves and chordal qualities, and took 3 chords (all of them are major 9th chords, with different inversions, so technically the structure is kinda like a sus4 chord idk i suck at music theory it just sounds nice, hopefully Berklee will teach me what im actually doing in the fall ) but i used volume and pan automation to constantly evolve and change the chordal qualities by bringing the different parts of the chord in and out and changing which direction the sound is coming from, and all in all I kinda like what happened.

take a listen!

Last edited by A.M; 26-05-2017 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: title fixed

Advertisements

------------------
SyMTiK
(~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~ (~^.^)~(~^.^) ~
Berklee College of Music '21

_Mystik_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [AMBIENT] / / A T H E N S / / - *~* S l e e p y ~.
Old 26-05-2017, 10:19 PM   #2
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 106800
Thanked 2,110 Times in 1,376 Posts
Re: [AMBIENT] / / A T H E N S / / - *~* S l e e p y ~

Good to see you still doing stuff here. Hope you have lots of fun in school.

I really don't know how to critique this at all
Sounds drone-y.

------------------
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2017, 07:04 PM   #3
Indigo
Soundscaper
Indigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the roughIndigo is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 310

I like that thing that happens at 0:49, where it bends inwards.

This track is a little hard on my ears when listening on earbuds with the sines and panning panning. That's not to say that panning is bad, just some of the sharp sines hurt a little bit (but might be my fault and not yours since I have a little bit of tinnitus).

Though, I do really like those bending chords and the overall vibe of the track.

------------------
Indigo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 12:03 AM   #4
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC_Mystik_ is a savage MC
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
I like that thing that happens at 0:49, where it bends inwards.

This track is a little hard on my ears when listening on earbuds with the sines and panning panning. That's not to say that panning is bad, just some of the sharp sines hurt a little bit (but might be my fault and not yours since I have a little bit of tinnitus).

Though, I do really like those bending chords and the overall vibe of the track.
thanks for the feedback!

I found that this track sounded best on stereo systems and higher quality headphones and sound systems, just because cheaper systems may not replicate the sine waves as well, adding some unwanted harmonic distortion on top of the already present natural harmonic distortion of the clashing sine waves. Being that ear buds are very treble heavy, I can see why this track may be uncomfortable through that medium

Im glad you enjoyed the chords and the overall vibe, and I really appreciate your feedback!

thanks so much

------------------
SyMTiK

Old 28-05-2017, 12:04 AM   #5
_Mystik_
Your Secret Admirer
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatbag View Post
Good to see you still doing stuff here. Hope you have lots of fun in school.

I really don't know how to critique this at all
Sounds drone-y.
Thanks so much! I certainly will, I am super excited

Well drone-y was what I was going for, so I must be doing something right I guess haha

thanks for listening!

Advertisements

------------------
SyMTiK