[Melodic Techno] Boltzman - Neutron
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 21-05-2017, 07:15 PM   #1
ATvrB
Granular Poster
ATvrB is currently spamming hard
Living in Denmark
MC Status: 10
[Melodic Techno] Boltzman - Neutron

Hello!

On the process of making this track I wanted to explore the deep melodic side of techno since i've never been there. I desired the track to have some electro elements. While working on this track I learned a lot about mixing due to the synth being not so trivial to fit in and stereo imaging.

Any advice is welcome and please be harsh

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by ATvrB; 21-05-2017 at 07:24 PM..

Advertisements

ATvrB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Melodic Techno] Boltzman - Neutron.
Old 21-05-2017, 07:43 PM   #2
_nanonoise_
Radial Developer
_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of_nanonoise_ has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1460
Re: [Melodic Techno] Boltzman - Neutron

Nice track. I like all the elements and the overall idea of the song but I have a few suggestions in terms of structure (which are purely personal ).

The intro is nice. But then I think you have to many tension 'arcs' before the break, for example I would not drop the bass at 1:02, since you enter the break only 10 sec after. You could also fill up the break with some more atmosphere (like a subtle bass pad and FX). The break is too long as well (maybe not if you keep it interesting).
the section immediately after the break is really nice. But to keep your flow I would already introduce some hats or other percussive elements at 3:20 (like you do now at 3:50). I would also keep the bass in the entire time+ no extra break at 4:00.
I mean if creating a certain flow is what you're going for

don't get me wrong in that I like the elements and overall idea of the track. But imo you can give the listener some time to get in the flow. Then again I might be listening to overly lengthy music in general so that should put my comment in perspective
_nanonoise_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2017, 09:06 PM   #3
ATvrB
Granular Poster
Living in Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by _nanonoise_ View Post
Nice track. I like all the elements and the overall idea of the song but I have a few suggestions in terms of structure (which are purely personal ).

The intro is nice. But then I think you have to many tension 'arcs' before the break, for example I would not drop the bass at 1:02, since you enter the break only 10 sec after. You could also fill up the break with some more atmosphere (like a subtle bass pad and FX). The break is too long as well (maybe not if you keep it interesting).
the section immediately after the break is really nice. But to keep your flow I would already introduce some hats or other percussive elements at 3:20 (like you do now at 3:50). I would also keep the bass in the entire time+ no extra break at 4:00.
I mean if creating a certain flow is what you're going for

don't get me wrong in that I like the elements and overall idea of the track. But imo you can give the listener some time to get in the flow. Then again I might be listening to overly lengthy music in general so that should put my comment in perspective
Great advice,

I wanted this track to be more like a banger with small breakdowns and transitions but it could benefit from more steady flow

Adding some atmosphere in the break is indeed a good idea!

Thanks
Old 22-05-2017, 04:47 PM   #4
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ
MC Status: 91357123

this is ok I just think the synth/v-synth you used works for some sounds but not others. The synths have a lo-fi and ambient quality that works for key and piano sounds but bass sounds and pad sweeps and stuff are a little difficult to hear

------------------
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2017, 07:02 AM   #5
ATvrB
Granular Poster
Living in Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscion View Post
this is ok I just think the synth/v-synth you used works for some sounds but not others. The synths have a lo-fi and ambient quality that works for key and piano sounds but bass sounds and pad sweeps and stuff are a little difficult to hear
Hey! I appreciate your feedback, but I am not sure If I got it. You think that the bass and pad sweeps get less audible because of the synth? Is it a mixing issue or you think the notes played have an effect?
Old 28-05-2017, 08:30 AM   #6
RAMOS
Minor Glitch
RAMOS is currently spamming hard

Hey nice job
I think that at your breaks you could have used some kind of other sound that hasnt been introduced in the drop like some kind of plucked maybe vocal chops
RAMOS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2017, 06:11 PM   #7
ATvrB
Granular Poster
Living in Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMOS View Post
Hey nice job
I think that at your breaks you could have used some kind of other sound that hasnt been introduced in the drop like some kind of plucked maybe vocal chops
Hey! Totally agree, should introduce something new like some vocals or a atmosphere pad
Old 01-06-2017, 07:03 AM   #8
agent
Deep Underground
agent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MCagent is a savage MC
SEATTLE
MC Status: 526820

Thanks for sharing! Dig the quality of the production, but a bit predictable.. But I tend to have that problem myself so wut do I know
agent is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #9
ATvrB
Granular Poster
Living in Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent View Post
Thanks for sharing! Dig the quality of the production, but a bit predictable.. But I tend to have that problem myself so wut do I know
Very Interesting, some people thought it was too variant in some parts and took them out of the flow ehehe.

Thank you for the words!

Advertisements