FL Studio Tip & Tricks - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Tutorials Section Found or written an interesting tutorial recently? Share it here.

Old 23-09-2013, 02:53 AM   #181
Noahhasty
Radial Developer
Noahhasty has a brilliant futureNoahhasty has a brilliant futureNoahhasty has a brilliant futureNoahhasty has a brilliant futureNoahhasty has a brilliant futureNoahhasty has a brilliant futureNoahhasty has a brilliant futureNoahhasty has a brilliant futureNoahhasty has a brilliant futureNoahhasty has a brilliant futureNoahhasty has a brilliant future
Asheville, NC
MC Status: 1660
Re: FL Studio Tip & Tricks

When ever I need new drums for a track I just take a couple preset ones and change the shape dynamics and such and maybe add a few filters. I think its a ton easier than scouring the internet for free sample packs. Anyone else do that to?

Advertisements

------------------
Noahhasty is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:41 AM   #182
listen2eleven
Learning The Ropes
listen2eleven is currently spamming hard
VIRGINIA
MC Status: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonMacIntyre View Post
"TIP 1: Split By Channel
Once you have created a pattern in the step sequencer with a few different instrument channels (ie: kick, snare, hats, etc), goto the PLAYLIST, right-click the pattern, select SPLIT BY CHANNEL, and hey presto! Each instrument is placed into its own pattern and renamed accordingly."

Wow. You just changed my life.
Thank you SO much!
listen2eleven is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2013, 01:11 AM   #183
TheIlladelph
Soundscaper
TheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MCTheIlladelph is a savage MC
Boulder, CO
MC Status: 236874

The quickest way to parrallel compress:

Add Maximus to a drum bus or whatever you want to compress, open up the preset NY compression. Adjust the release knob and the mix knob to taste.

Also having Edison open on your master channel and then Recording parts of your track and bringing them onto the playlist from Edison is a quick easy way to do reverse reverbs and stuff

------------------
TheIlladelph is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #184
Maxikahe
Knob Twiddler
Maxikahe is a name known to allMaxikahe is a name known to allMaxikahe is a name known to allMaxikahe is a name known to allMaxikahe is a name known to allMaxikahe is a name known to all
Your basement
MC Status: 560

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalmbob View Post
Since there are alot of Ableton/Reaktor/Reason/Logic/Cubase tips and tricks threads on alot of forums, I thought I'd (attempt to) start an FL Studio tricks thread here.

TIP 1: Split By Channel
Once you have created a pattern in the step sequencer with a few different instrument channels (ie: kick, snare, hats, etc), goto the PLAYLIST, right-click the pattern, select SPLIT BY CHANNEL, and hey presto! Each instrument is placed into its own pattern and renamed accordingly.

This was a lifesaver! Many thanks!
Maxikahe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #185
purfaz
Learning The Ropes
purfaz is currently spamming hard

thanks!
purfaz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:56 AM   #186
mtinezz
Minor Glitch
mtinezz will become famous soon enough
NYC
MC Status: 60

A lot of these are news to me- this is gold.
mtinezz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:59 AM   #187
Redee
Learning The Ropes
Redee is currently spamming hard

everything is perfect and great help for those who didnt know it
Redee is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2014, 09:56 AM   #188
JbrycecIDM
Learning The Ropes
JbrycecIDM is currently spamming hard

Thanks! I can rest easier!!!
JbrycecIDM is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: najtrows-Lejonhans och hans turk
Old 21-01-2014, 10:11 AM   #189
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 20010

has reverb sampling been mentioned yet. where you take 2 edisons and sandwich in between a reverb unit.
joem is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2014, 11:12 PM   #190
lonewolf
lonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MClonewolf is a savage MC
London
MC Status: 129804

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
has reverb sampling been mentioned yet. where you take 2 edisons and sandwich in between a reverb unit.
not yet but that is a killer feature for me.

download a demo of various verb plugz and sample them....you can even do that with the demo version of fl

------------------
An open mind sees the world reflected within them, but a closed mind looks for the world to be their reflection. - Brian Winkler

Dream as if you'll live forever; Live as if you'll die today. - James D
lonewolf is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2014, 12:17 AM   #191
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 20010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
not yet but that is a killer feature for me.

download a demo of various verb plugz and sample them....you can even do that with the demo version of fl
heres something else aswell get 2 edisons slap a reverb and a delay inbetween them and also uy can slap some processing in there aswell dab of eq limiting perhaps so when you record they peak at 0db on the record so they become nice and loud
joem is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2014, 01:18 AM   #192
jfcastillo89
Learning The Ropes
jfcastillo89 is currently spamming hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxikahe View Post
This was a lifesaver! Many thanks!
can you make a video of this? i dont understand very well because i speak spanish.
jfcastillo89 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2014, 08:24 AM   #193
Agni [Vandal]
Minor Glitch
Agni [Vandal] is a jewel in the roughAgni [Vandal] is a jewel in the roughAgni [Vandal] is a jewel in the rough
Utah
MC Status: 260

Oh boy I'm so happy I found this post. I've got a lot of reading/experimenting to do.

------------------

Agni [Vandal] is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2014, 03:28 AM   #194
Birtan Tankir
Radial Developer
Birtan Tankir is a jewel in the roughBirtan Tankir is a jewel in the roughBirtan Tankir is a jewel in the rough
Melbourne
MC Status: 260

Wow cant wait to read this.
Birtan Tankir is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 01:32 PM   #195
Daamir O.
Regular Freak
Daamir O. is currently spamming hard

Can anyone tell me, is there a rule or what is the best way, should i first EQ my sample, and then put the effects I want on it or do the opposite ?

Peace
Daamir O. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2014, 03:33 AM   #196
EggplantPurple
Minor Glitch
EggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to beholdEggplantPurple is a splendid one to behold
Toronto/Tkaronto
MC Status: 810

Amazing thread!

About the discussion of how to make a reversed crash lead into the same crash playing regularly one tip I'd add:

You will already be making the reversed crash unique. I like to also take a pitch nob in the Channel Settings and drop it a bit - 120 cents, 240, something like that. Creates a bit more interest in the build. I also sometimes put a Gross Beat on the reversed one for extra rhythmic fun.

Another tip I will add even though many may know it because I haven't seen it mentioned yet and it has saved me a ton of time.

Open up the step sequencer and select any channel that has midi notes in the piano roll. From the step sequencer with the channel selected you can just hit Ctrl+X to cut it's entire sequence midi sequence, select any other channel and hit Ctrl+V to paste the notes there.

I use this a lot to test out how progressions sound with all kinds of different sounds - great way to experiment and many times I've found things I would not have thought to do on their own but that worked well for my tracks.
EggplantPurple is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Whiterainbow
Thanks to EggplantPurple
RaidenBeats (01-04-2014)
Old 10-04-2014, 11:32 PM   #197
Daamir O.
Regular Freak

Hi people, what should I do, use the primary sound driver or asio4all, I have noticed that the bass is more powerful, witch i like more, when I'm hear it over the primary sound driver, so any suggestions ?

Thanks and peace
Old 11-04-2014, 04:41 AM   #198
Evoava
Sample Destroyer
Evoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond reputeEvoava has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2110

Quote:
Hi people, what should I do, use the primary sound driver or asio4all, I have noticed that the bass is more powerful, witch i like more, when I'm hear it over the primary sound driver, so any suggestions ?

Thanks and peace
ASIO. It has less latency, and much better sound quality.

------------------
Some IDM for the IDM forum

Me Soundclewd
Evoava is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #199
Daamir O.
Regular Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoava View Post
ASIO. It has less latency, and much better sound quality.
Thank you man. But will the bass remain as I hear it on the primary sound driver ?

Last edited by Daamir O.; 11-04-2014 at 10:22 AM..
Old 14-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #200
jimmusician
Deep Underground
jimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond reputejimmusician has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8798

On laptops....how to fix asio4all to actually work? I've been trying to get mine to work but the driver always gets tied up.

Advertisements

jimmusician is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote