Culprate made a production tutorial!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Tutorials Section Found or written an interesting tutorial recently? Share it here.

Old 28-07-2013, 03:50 AM   #1
Spyderbyte
Ghostly
Spyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160
Culprate made a production tutorial!

I was pretty damn excited when I ran into this. An "under the hood" look at Culprate's production techniques is just about the best thing possible. I'll buy & watch this ASAP.

Advertisements

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broton42 View Post
There is a time when the world of music opens itself up to you and you dive right into great unknowns, incredible techniques and emotionally captivating electronic music. And after that, there is stuff like Pop EDM.
Spyderbyte is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Spyderbyte
professurreal (31-07-2013)
Old 30-07-2013, 02:08 AM   #2
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53360
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts
Re: Culprate made a production tutorial!

who is culprate?
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 02:40 AM   #3
Dippshoe
cunt
Dippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MCDippshoe is a savage MC
In an abandoned cave covered by mist in the depths of Jotunheimen.
MC Status: 12810

Fuck. I'll definitely gonna check this out when I get home.

------------------

'Don't be an idiot.' Changed my life.
-Dwight Schrute.
Dippshoe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 04:25 AM   #4
Spyderbyte
Ghostly
Spyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYCORE View Post
who is culprate?

Hands down one of my favorite producers ever.

------------------
Quote:
There is a time when the world of music opens itself up to you and you dive right into great unknowns, incredible techniques and emotionally captivating electronic music. And after that, there is stuff like Pop EDM.
Thanks to Spyderbyte
professurreal (31-07-2013)
Old 31-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #5
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59510
Thanked 1,190 Times in 791 Posts

I got it as it looked very interesting but so far I'm quite dissapointed with the video and audio quality (audio mainly when it comes to his voice).

It seems they recorded it from multiple cameras in the room and used the camera mics to record his voice so often it is quite hard to hear what he is saying and the video is not very sharp but rather blurry which is a real shame because the stuff he's talking about it actually quite good and interesting...

All the audio from the DAW itself is pretty good quality so it seems they at least recored that from the PA/mixer

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 11:39 AM   #6
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderbyte View Post
Hey I checked out the album that song is from and it seems to be more relectronica/IDM than his newer stuff which seems to be mainly dubstep/drum&bass.

Are all of his older albums like that?

------------------
Old 31-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
ComicSound
Regular Freak
ComicSound is currently spamming hard
Perth, Western Australia
MC Status: 10

I bought it yesterday when it got announced by the man himself, to be completely honest I got so hyped for this tutorial but was left disappointed, he didn't really explain that much and went off on tangents for way to long. But it's still worth the $15 or so I paid for it I guess.
ComicSound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
professurreal
IDMf Artist
at the end of the tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicSound View Post
I bought it yesterday when it got announced by the man himself, to be completely honest I got so hyped for this tutorial but was left disappointed, he didn't really explain that much and went off on tangents for way to long. But it's still worth the $15 or so I paid for it I guess.
Yeah it's not too expensive... Weren't you also disappointed by the quality though?

Last edited by professurreal; 31-07-2013 at 12:06 PM..

------------------
Old 31-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #9
ComicSound
Regular Freak
Perth, Western Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by professurreal View Post
Yeah it's not too expensive... Weren't you also disappointed by the quality though?
Yeah can't say that i disagree, for a marketable product the quality should of been tenfold better.
Old 31-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #10
professurreal
IDMf Artist
at the end of the tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicSound View Post
Yeah can't say that i disagree, for a marketable product the quality should of been tenfold better.
Yes, especially because this is how they advertise their videos:

"[Please note: Becuase these videos are in top quality High Definition, the files are quite large, so make sure you have adequate space on your hard drive before commencing your download. Also download parts one at a time to conserve bandwidth and stop any other downloads / streaming you have in progress]"

:killme:

------------------
Old 31-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #11
ComicSound
Regular Freak
Perth, Western Australia

Quote:
Yes, especially because this is how they advertise their videos:

"[Please note: Becuase these videos are in top quality High Definition, the files are quite large, so make sure you have adequate space on your hard drive before commencing your download. Also download parts one at a time to conserve bandwidth and stop any other downloads / streaming you have in progress]"
Haha! I never saw that.. But that's completely false.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #12
Spyderbyte
Ghostly

Quote:
Hey I checked out the album that song is from and it seems to be more relectronica/IDM than his newer stuff which seems to be mainly dubstep/drum&bass.

Are all of his older albums like that?
Unfortunately, the only other album by Culprate that approaches that IDM sound is Flatline, but only here & there. His newer stuff is OK, I just don't understand how you could capture such a magical sound and then be like "nah, fuck it, mainstream dubstep."

------------------
Quote:
Old 13-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #13
professurreal
IDMf Artist
at the end of the tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyderbyte View Post
Unfortunately, the only other album by Culprate that approaches that IDM sound is Flatline, but only here & there. His newer stuff is OK, I just don't understand how you could capture such a magical sound and then be like "nah, fuck it, mainstream dubstep."
I'm pretty sure it sells better...

Advertisements

------------------