How to cover Lone "Airglow Fires"
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Tutorials Section Found or written an interesting tutorial recently? Share it here.

Old 18-07-2013, 10:55 PM   #1
Mason Bane
Mason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2109

Advertisements

------------------
Mason Bane is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Mason Bane
magicmushroom (28-07-2013)
Old 28-07-2013, 07:27 PM   #2
magicmushroom
Microknight
magicmushroom has a spectacular aura aboutmagicmushroom has a spectacular aura aboutmagicmushroom has a spectacular aura about
Las Vegas
MC Status: 210
Re: How to cover Lone "Airglow Fires"

Thanks for the tutorial. I heard this on Soundcloud a few days ago. How'd you get the air choir sample? Just curious because I like making sounds like that (I love BoC and Lone too). Also, are drum rack sends only exclusive to Live 9?
magicmushroom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #3
Mason Bane
Mason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond reputeMason Bane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmushroom View Post
Thanks for the tutorial. I heard this on Soundcloud a few days ago. How'd you get the air choir sample? Just curious because I like making sounds like that (I love BoC and Lone too). Also, are drum rack sends only exclusive to Live 9?
That is an old EMU Emulator sample I had in my sample collection. I noticed that Lone only used one sample on the whole keyboard! Sounds cool though so deep in the lower octaves and chimpmunky if you go too high. That is why I only used one as well, though if I wanted a realistic sample, I think EMU back in the day gave you one sample per octave or something.

I never tried sends until I saw someone using it on 9 so I don't know. I love it though because your drums shine through and are not completely covered up by the effects, so great. I also use sends A and B a lot more now because I noticed that lone sidechains the reverb on a send, very cool for a pumping effect.

------------------
Old 05-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #4
magicmushroom
Microknight
magicmushroom has a spectacular aura aboutmagicmushroom has a spectacular aura aboutmagicmushroom has a spectacular aura about
Las Vegas
MC Status: 210

Yeah sends are pretty awesome. How do you sidechain the reverb only? What track does he do that on? I'd like to listen/learn.

------------------
magicmushroom is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #5
Mason Bane

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmushroom View Post
Yeah sends are pretty awesome. How do you sidechain the reverb only? What track does he do that on? I'd like to listen/learn.
Well, he sidechains most of his entire tracks on some albums. But I postulate that he makes another airy reverb on a send channel. Then you also put a compressor on that same channel and sidechain a kick drum to it. That will give you a pumping airy reverb.

Advertisements

------------------