[Dubstep] Neuroscientist - Midnight Stroll (mastering feedback)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 05-04-2018, 09:09 PM   #1
Bio Tainted
IDMf Artist
Bio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MC
Weston-super-Mare/Stafford
MC Status: 9492158
[Dubstep] Neuroscientist - Midnight Stroll (mastering feedback)

Hello guys,

I posted this tune about a year ago. I've finally finished it. My question is how does the master sound? I'm releasing free tunes quite often and I'm doing the mastering myself to save cost.

Last edited by Bio Tainted; 06-04-2018 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: Fixed Title

Advertisements

------------------
Bio Tainted is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Dubstep] Neuroscientist - Midnight Stroll (mastering feedback).
Old 08-04-2018, 01:26 PM   #2
T.I.L.I.D.I.N.
Regular Freak
T.I.L.I.D.I.N. is currently spamming hard
Berlin, Germany
MC Status: 10
Re: [Dubstep] Neuroscientist - Midnight Stroll (mastering feedback)

Hey Bio Tainted,

master is nice ... It's clear and bass area is well leveled ... hm nothing to criticise ... thumbs up
T.I.L.I.D.I.N. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:10 AM   #3
KnobGobllin
Regular Freak
KnobGobllin is a glorious beacon of lightKnobGobllin is a glorious beacon of lightKnobGobllin is a glorious beacon of lightKnobGobllin is a glorious beacon of lightKnobGobllin is a glorious beacon of lightKnobGobllin is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

Nice track, I especially like the mid range Reese synths after the break. Master sounds pretty good, it retains a lot of transient detail. The high end on the drums gets piercing at points. Is there a multiband compressor on? The mids seem a little held back. I would maybe do a little tweak on the mix doing some selective cuts to the drum buss high end and possibly bring the sub synth up a touch, like 1.5-3 dB for a little more girth. Then run it through the same master chain. If a multiband is on, try relaxing it on the mids and see how it sounds. It's a fine balance between clarity and brittleness. Totally subjective though, just fine detail things.
KnobGobllin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:38 AM   #4
Bio Tainted
IDMf Artist
Bio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MCBio Tainted is a savage MC
Weston-super-Mare/Stafford
MC Status: 9492158

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnobGobllin View Post
Nice track, I especially like the mid range Reese synths after the break. Master sounds pretty good, it retains a lot of transient detail. The high end on the drums gets piercing at points. Is there a multiband compressor on? The mids seem a little held back. I would maybe do a little tweak on the mix doing some selective cuts to the drum buss high end and possibly bring the sub synth up a touch, like 1.5-3 dB for a little more girth. Then run it through the same master chain. If a multiband is on, try relaxing it on the mids and see how it sounds. It's a fine balance between clarity and brittleness. Totally subjective though, just fine detail things.
Ok you make some great points, which I've also been thinking about. The highs are a little uncomfortable, I've pulled back the multiband a little and turned them down a little. I also took your advice and gave the sub a bump (working blind on my set up) as well as rethought the multiband on the low mids. I think it's nicer on the ear now. Thank you <3

T.I.L.I.D.I.N. - thanks for the support.

------------------
Bio Tainted is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:20 AM   #5
KnobGobllin
Regular Freak
KnobGobllin is a glorious beacon of lightKnobGobllin is a glorious beacon of lightKnobGobllin is a glorious beacon of lightKnobGobllin is a glorious beacon of lightKnobGobllin is a glorious beacon of lightKnobGobllin is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

No problem, glad I could help 🤠

Advertisements

KnobGobllin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote