Personal LB subforums
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Suggestions & Feedback Constructive feedback space about the forum, the IDMf label, or improvements you'd like to see.

Old 28-01-2018, 02:41 PM   #1
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744039291
Thanked 7,437 Times in 4,611 Posts
Personal LB subforums

I'm considering inviting/allowing users to have their own personal subforum (possibly inside the LB) to post as many tracks, podcasts, live recordings, pictures info etc as they please.

Is that something that interests anyone?
Or would we simply be replicating older and better social media pages?

Advertisements

lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 06:08 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 195810
Thanked 3,916 Times in 2,916 Posts
Re: Personal LB subforums

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
I'm considering inviting/allowing users to have their own personal subforum (possibly inside the LB) to post as many tracks, podcasts, live recordings, pictures info etc as they please.

Is that something that interests anyone?
Or would we simply be replicating older and better social media pages?

Think it's a great idea..one that would really add to this place! The LB is a great place for possible feedback on WIPs..but this would be a cool way for members to actually share their work directly with the community on here, without the need for them to leave feedback..more a case of having your own "showcase".

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
lolirl (29-01-2018)
Old 28-01-2018, 06:21 PM   #3
Sound--
Granular Poster
Sound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond reputeSound-- has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2110

Excellent idea. I find the concept appealing and would liven up the place imo.
Sound-- is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Sound--
lolirl (29-01-2018)
Old 28-01-2018, 06:51 PM   #4
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 19910

Cool Idea!

------------------
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Schnork
lolirl (29-01-2018)
Old 28-01-2018, 11:27 PM   #5
Vault O)))
Quarter pounder McCunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Florida
MC Status: 52410
Thanked 1,048 Times in 689 Posts

I'd subscribe to something like this, for sure.

IMHO, don't worry about it coming too close to social media - there's a reason why people still come here, for the actual community aspect of it. Anything within this niche is going to be a step above the 'open world' of facebook for those of us who are specifically looking for it.

Would love to see this implemented.

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 04:53 PM   #6
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269474108
Thanked 3,010 Times in 1,997 Posts

It would be a bit MySpacey but it seems a good idea.
My concern is that it could become to self-contained, so I would rather limit it to music, so users could have their own personal listening booth to discuss their music only.

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 05:50 PM   #7
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744039291
Thanked 7,437 Times in 4,611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
It would be a bit MySpacey but it seems a good idea.
My concern is that it could become to self-contained, so I would rather limit it to music, so users could have their own personal listening booth to discuss their music only.
Sure.
From the outside it would be waaaaaaaaaaaaay less impressive than myspace, trust me.
It would basically just be a list of names of IDMF members, but when you click on one of those names it takes you to a list of threads about their music, very much the same as it is in the LB now.
I'm not trying to promote spamming of pics and stuff tbh, it's just that, in the same way that we can't stop people posting pictures and stuff in the LB now, it would be almost impossible to police (and why would we want to?) the posting of images inside of these threads. It's not worth making such arbitrary rules. If people want to post pics and videos and stuff here (which they do) then we should just let them instead of fighting it because of some hang-ups we personally have about promotion/social media/whatever.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 04:05 AM   #8
Neuralsphere
Sample Destroyer
Neuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond reputeNeuralsphere has a reputation beyond repute
In a house
MC Status: 9860

Sorry if this is TLDR... but yeah I'm in a ranting mood... so...

I listened to Roo's old track the other day, from 5/6 years ago that he dug out and bumped thread on, then realised that there's probably loads of good old tunes that deserve to see a bit more light like that, because it is awkward to search specifically through artists stuff... I guess that's what peoples profiles on music hosting platforms are for. However, this move would keep the listening environment more contained, encouraging users to stay on and use the site longer; so traffic could increase. Similarly it could decrease if its more awkward to use than the original system, alien environments can do that (I guess this is advising a touch of caution)

It sounds like the listening booth is turning into the IDMf members charts... quite cool. A list of members to expand through would be ideal to navigate with certain filters to sort the list, it gives more power to the listener, which is who the listening booth should be focusing on. It also allows for self promotion, so artists are gonna be happy too... win-win?

I guess the sorting filters should be the standard by date for new releases, an alphabetical sort by artist name, genre and the profiles activity, like the red hotbox currently used for a threads activity (I honestly don't know much about coding any of this so whatever's the easiest solution obviously)

I think its a good move... with the right thought behind it, it could make every members music more accessible to everyone else. People generally like that kind of thing, generally because people are lazy and want everything done for them. Props for pushing to make it happen, thanks for reading and hope this helps with any brainstorming that's going on

Build it and they will come

Unless its a wall to keep everyone out

Advertisements

------------------
Soundcloud|DEADSPACE|How Do Music|Amen Brother|BEAT BATTLE
JOIN LE CHAT: >How Do Music< >IDMf<WARNING! DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS

Neuralsphere is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote