MIDI Solutions Event Processor
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 08-01-2018, 02:45 PM   #1
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 62410
Thanked 1,248 Times in 918 Posts
MIDI Solutions Event Processor

You may have seen my rant over the MPC’s handling of Program Change Messages.

I am happy to say that adding the MIDI Solutions Event Processor is a fine solution to the problem.

Check this out: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

What it allows you to do is to program 10 separate programs (there is a bigger one that can do more steps) that can transpose, map, or otherwise process incoming MIDI signals into new events. It can even transform them into little series of events. It’s a MIDI FX box on steroids and is merely a little black box you insert between your controller MIDI out and your MIDI patch bay.

I set it up to listen to channel 8 and mapped the velocity of specific notes to Program Change messages, so that C3 velocity on channel 8 will trigger a PCM on channel 2 corresponding to the velocity value of the original message. It works beautifully with my Rytm and allows me to change patterns from my MPC using the piano roll.

Somehow, though, I can’t get it to work with my Avalon, which bugs the hell out of me.

But, those of you appreciating the finer points of MIDI might find this gizmo quite intriguing. It cost me $150.

I also am now the proud owner of Social Entropy’s super duper MIDI sequencer Engine. Cool, cool thingy. Got it with the CV expansion in case a modular might be added at some point.

Advertisements

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to liquid_air
relic (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 03:33 PM   #2
Dr. Sleaze
IDMf Artist
Dr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond reputeDr. Sleaze has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not who or where you think I am.
MC Status: 8610
Re: MIDI Solutions Event Processor

I have the midi Quadra Thru, and because it's midi powered, there are some pieces of kit that can power it and some that can't. That is of cause if you're sending midi out of the Avalon into the box itself. For example my RM1x can, obviously, as it's a power sequencer itself, but my Alesis Micron can't.

------------------
Dr. Sleaze is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Dr. Sleaze
relic (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 04:42 PM   #3
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 32110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sleaze View Post
I have the midi Quadra Thru, and because it's midi powered, there are some pieces of kit that can power it and some that can't. That is of cause if you're sending midi out of the Avalon into the box itself. For example my RM1x can, obviously, as it's a power sequencer itself, but my Alesis Micron can't.
I got one of those too, under my pedal board. It connects my switcher to my midi pedals and to my pod rack for patch and cc changes.

@[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
, the mysteries of midi don’t fully escape me but you are at the Hogwarts of midi compared to what I am at!
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 09:28 PM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8560730
Thanked 7,396 Times in 5,229 Posts

I thought I saw a Social Entropy Engine in your setup here recently. I’ve got no reaons to own one, but it seemed like it would be my ideal standalone sequencer.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:35 PM   #5
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1540677
Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,313 Posts

midi solutions kick ass.

i have a handful of their products and have used tons, that event processor is great, i also use their thru's and merges!

Advertisements

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote