Requesting some new tunes
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Industrial / EBM / Power Electronics Discussion of music similar to Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy, Throbbing Gristle.

Old 28-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #1
liquidsoap89
Learning The Ropes
liquidsoap89 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Requesting some new tunes

Hey everyone. First off, I'm liking this site. It actually looks like there's a real community here, one that gets along well. This is my first post here, and I'm sorry if it's in the wrong location.

Anyways, for most of my life I've been a huge metalhead. Slipknot, All That Remains, Trivium, As I Lay Dying, Unearth and Darkest Hour are definitely some of my favorites. But recently I've been getting into the more electronic stuff more. I've always liked NIN (his older stuff more than his newer stuff), and as I look through my collection I've kind of noticed some bands that have more of an electronic sound to them. A few that I noticed were Orgy, Spineshank and Tool (would I count them?). So recently I discovered Psyclon Nine, Combichrist (who opened for Rammstein this year, which was AWESOME), Systemshock and Celldweller. Of those 4 I would say Combichrist's sound was my favorite, but the lyrics... Eh, not so much. Systemshock has a good beat to their songs, but overall I think they're a little too electronic (I still like them though). Same deal with Psyclon Nine and Celldweller, I think they're good, but I feel like there's something better suited for me.

So basically I'm taking suggestions. The electronic sound is pretty new to me, and I find it very refreshing. But I think the blend between metal and electronic music is what I'm liking. I'm really looking for something heavier (like a metalcore or even hard rock sound to it), blended with electronic. I prefer songs with lyrics most of the time, and as for vocals I can live with anything if I really enjoy the music (Psyclon Nine for example, I like the music but I would like the vocals more if they were different), but I'm used to not even understanding what the singers are saying, and I would definitely feel more at home with the typical metal yelling/growling sound.

I'll reply to any suggestions I get, try and let you know how I'm liking the sound or not (youtube's gonna be my best friend here ). Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

liquidsoap89 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 12:53 PM   #2
SocialNumb
Soundwave Mangler
SocialNumb is a savage MCSocialNumb is a savage MCSocialNumb is a savage MCSocialNumb is a savage MCSocialNumb is a savage MCSocialNumb is a savage MCSocialNumb is a savage MCSocialNumb is a savage MCSocialNumb is a savage MCSocialNumb is a savage MCSocialNumb is a savage MC
Boyton, WPB FL.
MC Status: 32899
Re: Requesting some new tunes

Skinny Puppy! Not to much metal in most of their music but they have some.

Example:

------------------
It's not that Im anti-social, I just don't like you!
SocialNumb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
liquidsoap89
Learning The Ropes

Hmmm, I can't say I enjoyed those songs too much to be honest. I've heard of Skinny Puppy before, and I actually listened to one of their songs yesterday (they were break dancing with some other dudes) and I kind of enjoyed it, but the other songs I heard... Not so much.

I guess it would help if I pointed out that I'm generally a fan of newer music. Stuff from the 80's and 90's usually sounds weird to me for some reason. It's not that I don't like ALL older music, like I said before, I've liked NIN for a long time, and I like some of Ministry's old stuff as well. But usually the newer sound is what I like more.

Thanks for the suggestion though, maybe there are some newer songs by Skinny Puppy that I will like.
Old 13-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #4
K.S.
Learning The Ropes
K.S. is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 11

look this:

Last edited by K.S.; 14-08-2011 at 11:18 AM..
K.S. is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2011, 09:33 AM   #5
TDefekt
Regular Freak
TDefekt is currently spamming hard
In an ancient ravine on an obscure planet, watering flowers somewhere

Hmm, sounds like you're into Industrial Metal. I love the shit out of NIN and Ministry. I love everything NIN ever released. However, I found Ministry to be pretty shit after Filth Pig.

This is a fairly modern Industrial band, they kick ass. I enjoyed the entire album.

Psyclon Nine started out as a Terror EBM group, but turned more and more into Industrial Metal as the years went by. Maybe you'll like some of their newer stuff?

Grendel isn't "metal" persay, they're Harsh EBM. But they are extremely aggressive and powerful. It's like dance music with a metal spirit ;D

Hopefully you enjoyed something here, haha.
TDefekt is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Gridlock
Old 16-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #7
liquidsoap89
Learning The Ropes

Woah awesome, thanks for all the replies! I actually really like some of these songs, Grendel and Cyanotic sound exactly like what I'm looking for! I'm going to try out unit 187 and Sybreed as well, I liked those songs you linked by them K.S... I didn't think that song by Laibach was the best, but I'm going to youtube them, maybe I can find some other songs by them that I might like.

Thanks again guys, you rock!

(Oh and Psyclon Nine and Fear Factory are good too, I just didn't comment on them because I already listen to them ).
Old 21-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #8
The_First_Seed
Regular Freak
The_First_Seed is currently spamming hard
Toronto

heavy new vid from canuck breakcore/industrial/black metal underground legend SCHIZOID
founder of DTrash Records,

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
The_First_Seed is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #9
Gotthavok
Soundwave Mangler
Gotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MCGotthavok is a savage MC
Edmonton
MC Status: 526855

i second Cyanotic, loving his latest album

other suggestions

Melt

Biopsyhoz

Distorted Memory

Front Line Assembly

Everything Goes Cold

Feindflug

Gotthavok is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #10
Gonnoth
Regular Freak
Gonnoth is a savage MCGonnoth is a savage MCGonnoth is a savage MCGonnoth is a savage MCGonnoth is a savage MCGonnoth is a savage MCGonnoth is a savage MCGonnoth is a savage MCGonnoth is a savage MCGonnoth is a savage MCGonnoth is a savage MC
MC Status: 144455

You should definitely listen to AcumenNation. They're an amazing blend between metal and industrial. I think you're gonna like them.

Or perhaps, even Sektor 304 would sound good to you

Gonnoth is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Combichrist - Caliber:Death
Old 20-09-2011, 05:23 AM   #11
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA
MC Status: 507776

into metal? getting into electronica? this sounds like a job for Bong-Ra:

Last edited by penguinoid; 20-09-2011 at 05:27 AM..

------------------
penguinoid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:51 AM   #12
Burny94
Learning The Ropes
Burny94 is currently spamming hard

dilla
Burny94 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 01:00 AM   #13
sradc
Radial Developer
sradc has much to be proud ofsradc has much to be proud ofsradc has much to be proud ofsradc has much to be proud ofsradc has much to be proud ofsradc has much to be proud ofsradc has much to be proud ofsradc has much to be proud ofsradc has much to be proud of
MC Status: 1210

this track is pretty much the bridge between metal and electronic:

Advertisements

------------------
sradc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote