NIN new single: Came Back Haunted - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Industrial / EBM / Power Electronics Discussion of music similar to Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy, Throbbing Gristle.

Old 25-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #21
Triton64
Triton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MC
Having fun
MC Status: 22350264
Thanked 1,170 Times in 674 Posts
Re: NIN new single: Came Back Haunted

Joshua Eustis (telefon tel aviv) is listed as a contributing muscian

Advertisements

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
The more you keep up w the board the less you'll want the OP at the top every time you open a thread you've been following and / or active in.
Triton64 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 05:18 PM   #22
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5745493

The video that came out today for Came Back Haunted by David Lynch.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

And getting my ticket for the SA show today.

------------------
Say :|

bbb is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #23
Beasteh
Analog Lurker
Beasteh will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Ey, bro uppon me, what you have against me ?

And i agree, i am truly awesome
Beasteh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2013, 11:14 PM   #24
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA
MC Status: 507776

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
The video that came out today for Came Back Haunted by David Lynch.
I sort of felt like Trent was phoning it in with that track, but after viewing Lynch's video, it's become clear that it was a conference call.
penguinoid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #25
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ
MC Status: 91357173

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
the 90's were where a lot of my music stuck. I'm sure you're that way as well with a lot of artists you listened to then(assuming I think we're in the same age range). EDIT - Don't have to assume, you're 28. I'm 30.
That is true and I also liked NIN more in the 90s, but i remember very clearly that he made that album 'the fragile' and, it is difficult for me to explain but

from this

to this..

and even way back then my reaction was like 'fucking hell nah wtf'...:\

marilyn manson did the same thing, i think shortly before the fragile, with his album 'mechanical animals'..they went from wearing black and leather to being glam and pretty. :|

and as far as what Reznor is doing now, I think this shit is whack personally..

------------------
hellscion is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #26
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281549
Thanked 1,180 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellscion View Post
marilyn manson did the same thing, i think shortly before the fragile, with his album 'mechanical animals'..they went from wearing black and leather to being glam and pretty. :|

When I was young and still listened to a lot of that stuff, Mechanical Animals was my favorite Marilyn Manson album. I remember trying to explain it to others, too. "But everything is just put together so much better here!" Heh.

(I also loved the Fragile, but it didn't outmatch The Downward Spiral, for me. I don't know if it counts as an album per se, but... currently my favorite is Still)

Last edited by candlesayshi; 30-06-2013 at 07:45 PM..

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:37 PM   #27
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX

Quote:
That is true and I also liked NIN more in the 90s, but i remember very clearly that he made that album 'the fragile' and, it is difficult for me to explain but

from this

to this..

and even way back then my reaction was like 'fucking hell nah wtf'...:\

and as far as what Reznor is doing now, I think this shit is whack personally..
I'm hoping the single isn't the biggest window into what the album will be. But time will only tell. With all the directions he's travelled lately, I'm not really sure what to expect.

I have liked everything from the first thing I've heard, to now. I have grasped some albums more than others and if this is going to be one of few left for them, I'm hoping it is awesome.

I'm going to the show in SA this November, as much as I've been a fan, I've never actually gone to one of their concerts. I'm hoping to have my face blown off and see an awesome show. Plus, I'm taking a friend, and she happens to be into NIN as well. Should be a pretty fuggin sweet night. And I have the next day off.

Though, it is 4 months away...

------------------

Old 07-07-2013, 03:05 PM   #28
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
hellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MChellscion is a savage MC
NJ

Yeah those albums (their sellout albums) were better in many ways on a technical level..but if you listen listen to the lyrics and message behind the music it's the same pop music bullshit as the beatles or britney spears..corny love songs and sentimentality.

except the stuff NIN made without major label support, all of that Ive heard was just terrible..like the slip. you can't tell me *that* was a good album..

it's just all too 90s for me..i don't get a nostalgia boner for that time period like so many others, it seems..

------------------
Old 07-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #29
candlesayshi
Imperfect
candlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MCcandlesayshi is a savage MC
Chicago
MC Status: 39281549
Thanked 1,180 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Yeah those albums (their sellout albums) were better in many ways on a technical level..but if you listen listen to the lyrics and message behind the music it's the same pop music bullshit as the beatles or britney spears..corny love songs and sentimentality.
Hard to talk about Nine Inch Nails in that context, because he's tried so many things, and gone in so many slightly different directions....

but when it comes to Marilyn Manson, it's funny, because I feel exactly the opposite way about it. With those first three albums (speaking here of Portrait of an American Family, Antichrist Superstar, and Mechanical Animals), I had always felt that those first two albums were very "whatever, here is some music to check out", and then after the success of them he had the bravery to do the next one, Mechanical Animals, which actually had real vision, intent, expression and purpose behind it, and I think that artistically it really paid off well. Suppose those first few are a good example of the disconnect of art as expression vs. art as product. Especially, since while it did well critically, it wasn't well-received by fans. Heh, hard to call it a sellout album when no one likes it. As it seems he got scared and lost the ambition to try anything like that again, and went back on that immediately when the next album was up. I stopped caring about the project at that point, probably due to that loss of ambition and that my own taste had been falling out of metal-influenced styles pretty much in general at that point, too.

Still though, looking back at it, I haven't listened to any of those in a long time, but Mechanical Animals is probably the only one I could probably still put on and admire/enjoy.

------------------
candlesayshi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #30
hellscion
brraaiiinnsss
NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by candlesayshi View Post
Hard to talk about Nine Inch Nails in that context, because he's tried so many things, and gone in so many slightly different directions....

but when it comes to Marilyn Manson, it's funny, because I feel exactly the opposite way about it. With those first three albums (speaking here of Portrait of an American Family, Antichrist Superstar, and Mechanical Animals), I had always felt that those first two albums were very "whatever, here is some music to check out", and then after the success of them he had the bravery to do the next one, Mechanical Animals, which actually had real vision, intent, expression and purpose behind it, and I think that artistically it really paid off well. Suppose those first few are a good example of the disconnect of art as expression vs. art as product. Especially, since while it did well critically, it wasn't well-received by fans. Heh, hard to call it a sellout album when no one likes it. As it seems he got scared and lost the ambition to try anything like that again, and went back on that immediately when the next album was up. I stopped caring about the project at that point, probably due to that loss of ambition and that my own taste had been falling out of metal-influenced styles pretty much in general at that point, too.

Still though, looking back at it, I haven't listened to any of those in a long time, but Mechanical Animals is probably the only one I could probably still put on and admire/enjoy.
hmm, NIN has sounded drastically different on nearly every release now that you mention it..

well yeah that was kinda the impression that I got. I think that that was Manson showing his true colors and really releasing something more personal. Same with Reznor on the fragile. which is to say they connected more with something like "David Bowie" It seemed to come more naturally to them..and that their 'good' albums were them being clones and ripping off 80s goth music

and, I thought Golden Age of Grotesque was one of his best..Antichrist Superstar has a lot of good songs but it's soooo played out..

------------------
Old 23-08-2013, 03:01 AM   #31
bbb
IDMf Artist
ATX

Just going to throw this one in here as well.

Seems another single was launched. First thing that popped in my mind was some 80's teen movie, all montage like.

------------------

Old 23-08-2013, 03:03 AM   #32
bbb
IDMf Artist
ATX

Another one:

------------------

Old 24-08-2013, 05:48 AM   #33
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53360
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts

everything sounds so rock/radio friendly until it gets crazy

but copy of a is an amazing track, amazings,

radio friendly in general

Advertisements

SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote