authechre seems to be the only band in the whole genre?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Intelligent Dance Music / Electronica IDM, braindance, ambient techno, electronica or whatever else you call Warp/Skam/Schematic/Planet-Mu/Rephlex/Raster-Noton type music goes here.

Old 27-05-2018, 06:06 AM   #1
shyspook
IDMf's latest spammer
shyspook is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
authechre seems to be the only band in the whole genre?

hey, kids!
two years ago I discovered Autechre. I am fond of everything they have been doing through a quarter century of their existence.But the weird part of it is they are still unique. Only one musician has similar vision and it is Bola aka Darrell Fitton. (from the same town and it's pretty weird) I've tried to listen to "the boards of Canada", but there is something I don't like about them. There are M-zique, Squarepusher and Plaid which play in different genres, but have something in common with Autechre. And that's all. Will anybody give me info on who else is performing music of this kind? Thanks!

Last edited by shyspook; 27-05-2018 at 06:15 AM.. Reason: minor

Advertisements

shyspook is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 09:37 AM   #2
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45966548
Thanked 1,214 Times in 933 Posts
Re: authechre seems to be the only band in the whole genre?

rob clouth

r devine

and a few others

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Br/ainfu+ked
shyspook (27-05-2018)
Old 27-05-2018, 11:54 AM   #3
shyspook
IDMf's latest spammer
shyspook is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Thanks! Not quite impressed though. Both these musicians are trying to be comfortable to listen to. Even "the boards of canada" gives more "rough", deep sound, but not so rough and deep as AUTECHRE

Last edited by shyspook; 27-05-2018 at 12:02 PM..
shyspook is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 04:27 PM   #4
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7238279

Ryoji Ikeda

SHXCXCHCXSH

Andy Stott

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Blingley
Br/ainfu+ked (27-05-2018)
Old 28-05-2018, 04:55 PM   #5
liquid_air
IDMf Supporter
liquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MCliquid_air is a savage MC
Corny
MC Status: 64160
Thanked 1,283 Times in 946 Posts

Ryoji Ikeda??? Thats a bit of a stretch, isnt it? Hes more of an audiovisual concept artist. Musically, hes quite out there. Certainly not concerned about listenability, albeit his works have an austere appeal. Id put him with Alva Noto, Pan Sonic, and the like.

I never quite got the wank-fest about Autechre. Tastes are different, I suppose.

------------------
Techno starts with a capital 'T', as in TB-303 and TR-808.

liquid_air is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2018, 08:21 AM   #6
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744043391
Thanked 7,519 Times in 4,650 Posts

lol, it's funny how some people categorise stuff in their mind.
Yeah, all the Raster-Noton stuff is worth checking out if you like Autechre.

All the Schematic Records stuff, all the Planet-mu stuff, all the Musik Aus Strom stuff.
You just have to listen to it (probably more than once) and decide what you like for yourself.

There's stuff like SND who supported Autechre on tour a few years ago. Rob Booth who often djs at their shows.

It really depends which phase of Autechre you like though, there's a wide selection.

I take it you've ordered the new Autechre 8-cd LP?
It's a lot of music.

Advertisements

lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
GomesR (29-05-2018)