Reddi by Kush - what are your thoughts?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 27-05-2018, 02:41 AM   #1
Metaside
IDMf Artist
Metaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 8460
Reddi by Kush - what are your thoughts?

I thought I got over my GAS a while ago, passing on upgrades for stuff I use, such as all the expensive iZotope updating and rebundling going on over the last few months, but then I saw this new thingy by Kush () and thought it sounds pretty good...
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

I use various other saturation/tube, EQ and compression plugins in order to get my bass right, sometimes including XBass and Subsynth, but those are more about accentuating or synthesizing deeper frequencies. And I really like the Kush Omega 458A transformer and use it regularly on synths an other stuff. Reddi sounds different but really smooth to my ears, especially on more traditional bass but also on other material...

Anybody tried or bought this already? Any opinions or comparisons?

Advertisements

------------------
Metaside is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2018, 11:41 PM   #2
joem
Savage Mad Cunt
joem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MCjoem is a savage MC
MC Status: 20710
Re: Reddi by Kush - what are your thoughts?

its alright bt i like a more full fleged saturator tried this recentally and its awsome

especially for the 45 doller price
joem is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 04:23 PM   #3
Metaside
IDMf Artist
Metaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond reputeMetaside has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joem View Post
its alright bt i like a more full fleged saturator tried this recentally and its awsome

especially for the 45 doller price
That doesn't sound bad at all. Might have to test that one, too... Thanks

------------------
Old 06-06-2018, 11:33 AM   #4
localspace
Analog Lurker
localspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to beholdlocalspace is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 710

Sounds nice.. but I hate having a million of these one-fine-trick plug-ins with not a lot of tweakability. It's just a shitty workflow where I spend a lot of time switching out plug-ins to see which one is better.. I love saturn for my saturation. You can set it up with some basic single band saturation, but keep adding bands, modulation and tweaks as the track evolves.
localspace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to localspace
Metaside (09-06-2018)
Old 09-06-2018, 01:00 PM   #5
Metaside
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by localspace View Post
Sounds nice.. but I hate having a million of these one-fine-trick plug-ins with not a lot of tweakability. It's just a shitty workflow where I spend a lot of time switching out plug-ins to see which one is better.. I love saturn for my saturation. You can set it up with some basic single band saturation, but keep adding bands, modulation and tweaks as the track evolves.
Yeah, I completely see your point. On the other hand, with flexible stuff like Saturn I sometimes can't find an end to the tweaking and comparing of different settings. The key is probably keeping the collection very small with some really good stuff that gets a lot of use. Might be able to contain my GAS for this, though, thanks

------------------
Old 09-06-2018, 03:35 PM   #6
MFXxx
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1842727

Well I cant be totally impartial with Kush and Slyfi, but I will say Reddi has some great tonality for bass and drums. Worth a demo if you're in the camp.
Others Soundtoys Decapitor, Saturn as mentioned, Slates tape, Uhes Satin to name a few.
Reddi is just simple, slap it on, tweak it and leave it - simples.

Last edited by MFXxx; 09-06-2018 at 07:12 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
My Tinkerings
https://hearthis.at/mystafx/
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Not forgetting the awesome Beat Battle Subs
https://hearthis.at/mfxxx/
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote