Voltage Controlled FX Sends?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Hardware and Gear Hardware, gear, equipment; Whatever you call it, talk about tangible, physical music-making stuff here. Synths, Modular, drum machines, controllers etc all goes here.

Old 18-04-2018, 11:35 AM   #1
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
MC Status: 19910
Voltage Controlled FX Sends?

Yesterday I played around with automated Sends in my DAW.
I had three different delays in Returns A,B and C.

I set up a simple 1/16th notes sequence, with space between the notes (room for the delays in the Return Channels)

I automated the Sends in the DAW so that the first note gets send to the Delay in Return A, the second note gets send to Return B and the third note gets send to Return C.
1/16th, 1/8th or 1/4th note delays fill the space in between the notes.

Delays with higher feddback settings and modulated filters in the feedback path add nice flavours.

Pretty standart stuff and easily set up in a DAW.
If I'd want to achieve similar stuff in hardware how would I do that?

I could do that with Eurorack I guess...
My synth sequence goes to Input 1 in a Matrix Mixer, Outputs A, B and C are my Sends, each one goes to a VCA which gives me cv control over the signals. Each VCA goes to a different delay effect 100% wet and a simple 4 channel mixer module is used to combine the dry signal with the signals coming from the delays. I'd use lfo's to automate the Sends.
Would it work that way?

I already bought a Eurorack Case two months ago, but didn't fill it with any modules, yet.

I guess Euro is the way to go. Which other ways exist to set up smt like this? A Multiple would also work instead of the matrix mixer, I guess?

*edit Just tested both ways (Matrix Mixer and Multiple) in VCV Rack.
Seems to work great.

Isn't there smt like a Quad VCA with cv level control and normalled inputs, so that a signal that's being fed into input A can be tapped from 4 different outputs?

What about the Intellijel Triatt or Quadratt 1U? Does it work well with audio signals?

Any advice is still welcome! I don't own a modular, I guess there's some stuff I didn't think about...

Anything to keep in mind or ways to improve my idea? Any recommendations for modules?

Last edited by Schnork; 18-04-2018 at 10:53 PM..

Advertisements

------------------
Schnork is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2018, 02:09 PM   #2
Schnork
IDMf Artist
Schnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MCSchnork is a savage MC
Re: Voltage Controlled FX Sends?

Seems like the 4ms VCA Matrix will do what I want plus lot´s of other stuff as well.

------------------
Old 20-04-2018, 02:37 PM   #3
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269478408
Thanked 3,096 Times in 2,049 Posts

I came in to suggest vc rack, but you've done so already...

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Automageddon
Schnork (24-04-2018)
Old 24-04-2018, 08:39 AM   #4
Schnork
IDMf Artist

It could even be done with the Octatrack
Sending Thru Machines or the Direct Inputs to external hardware fx using Cue Outs, I could even have totally different sounding delays.

My Octa is pretty busy doing drums, but I'll be getting a Machinedrum soon.

Still want a flexible modular fx rack for hands on control, though.

Advertisements

------------------