There's a DAW blowout happening right now on Humble
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Studio All discussions relating to sound design, mixing techniques, music theory, composition, and gear.

Old 09-03-2018, 12:31 AM   #1
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 55460
Thanked 1,109 Times in 730 Posts
There's a DAW blowout happening right now on Humble

If this is in the wrong section, sorry. I don't normally do threads and I don't know where stuff goes, but this seems pretty 'gear' oriented, even if it's software.

For anyone looking for insanely cheap ways to make music, [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
is pretty incredible. Even though it's pretty much just Magix products, the savings here are just a little too much not to post about. Humble has SoundForge and Acid Pro up for a grand total of 30 USD, and there's tons of more shit in said package. Admittedly the lower-tier software looks like shit, but for a grand total of $30 it's pretty fucking insane.

Also, if anyone who uses SF or AP wants to chime in about whether this is worth pulling the trigger on, please do so. I have limited experience with whatever software Magix acquired from Sony, but this looks like a huge steal nonetheless.

Advertisements

Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Vault O)))
jVs (11-03-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 01:27 AM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8564480
Thanked 7,471 Times in 5,276 Posts
Re: There's a DAW blowout happening right now on Humble

Wow. This is one of those deals when I'm thinking is there even just ONE thing there to justify the $30...

Last edited by relic; 09-03-2018 at 01:56 AM..

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 02:21 AM   #3
MFXxx
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world
MC Status: 1842727

Just to blow caution unto the wind haven't magic recently been bought out? I may be wrong. Just thinking future support but then it's monet for charity so....does it matter.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

------------------
My Tinkerings
https://hearthis.at/mystafx/
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Not forgetting the awesome Beat Battle Subs
https://hearthis.at/mfxxx/
MFXxx is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 03:07 AM   #4
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8564480
Thanked 7,471 Times in 5,276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFXxx View Post
Just to blow caution unto the wind haven't magic recently been bought out? I may be wrong. Just thinking future support but then it's monet for charity so....does it matter.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Yes. That sounds familiar.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 10:24 AM   #5
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 28310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
Didn't see that this was already mentioned. I'm dicking around with them now and I already feel like I lost a really low-level gamble
Yeah, I knew the last updates were a long time ago, but even then these were middle of the road software suites. And the Samplitude license is some really weird one. I'm gonna see if I can chart top beatport with that music maker software and the house expansion though.

Either way, the free upgrade to sound forge 12 looks interesting from my mastering front (hell having 11 could be a win with the cd printing features and some of the metering options coming from doing everything in 2 mixer channels in FL studio). The addition of some of the tech from Sequoia in 12 is going to be interesting to experiment with. I'll probably wait for the update and just install that to see what's going on.

I copied and pasted from teh OT thread, still my plan. It's been like 5 minutes though.

------------------
White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 04:46 PM   #6
MFXxx
MFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MCMFXxx is a savage MC
My own little world

Update got my orders $30 no brainer

MP3 Deluxe 19

Music Maker EDM Edition

Soundpool: Deeper Shades of House

MAGIX Video Sound Cleaning Lab

ACID Music Studio 10

SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 10

ACID Pro 7

SOUND FORGE Pro 11

Lics and installers in your humble account, which I hadnt created. Now registering on Magix website.

Is it best to wait on registereing SF 11 for 12 to be released? Any details on a grace period?

Thanks

Last edited by MFXxx; 09-03-2018 at 05:04 PM..

------------------
My Tinkerings
Old 09-03-2018, 05:36 PM   #7
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 200010
Thanked 4,000 Times in 2,975 Posts

Word of warning..don't know if you spot this or not, but I was looking at that yesterday and noticed in the small print for the Soundpool stuff that those packs only come with a "Private Use" license..if you want to use them in anything you're going to sell or put out there, then you need to buy a separate "Public Use" license..which is a bit shitty, imho..as it's not clearly mentioned at all when you make this purchase.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
Vault O))) (10-03-2018)
Old 09-03-2018, 06:15 PM   #8
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 31810

Lol.. music maker edm addition.

Anybody used Samplitude? How’s the midi editor?
mnkvolcno is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to mnkvolcno
A.M (09-03-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 01:14 AM   #9
MFXxx
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkvolcno View Post
Lol.. music maker edm addition.

Anybody used Samplitude? How’s the midi editor?
Theres a shit load of free sample packs from the msuic store, + the free house pack + 3 free coupons, about 13 packs in all and you also get a voucher for a free instrument (appears of your choosing).

Not tried the midi yet. Also not sure how to get SAmplitude X2 to show up in your Magix user account Can see all the other registered products there but not that one. Done the activation and appears the key is Trial but maynot be as that reflects the documentation. I suspect to get people upgrading to Samplitude X3. Ive emailed Magix support to see whats going on.

Still going through activation and setup process...lot of software and material for $30. No brainer deal of the decade if you can find a use. Personally good for beta testing and expanding horizons with a few developers on my email. Other than that I cant help wonder if some of these products may eventually go end of line with the recent takeover, or go subscription, maybe cakewalk even.

But that all said and done money well spent if Soundforge keeps going and of course all the bundled plugins and material

Just to note so far these appear to be 32bit versions with Samplitude being the exception as all my x64 plugins failed ah well jbridge 64 to 32 bit if I ever feel the urge to try it. Music Maker not worked out how to load vts in it at all!

There's also a thread on KVRAudio noting the grace period doesnt apply to the humble deal, but I do wonder if you wait till the release date if the code would work.
Something Ive tried just in case is to use the Magix website installers rather than the humble installers, you never know!

Acid pro upgrade is around 99 notes at the moment. SF Audio Studio upgrade us 35.

My instincts were right, promotional platform to get peeps on board and upgrade payment paths Almost tempted to spend anopth $30 to se if the serials will register on release of the new versions (no but a thought)!

Last edited by MFXxx; 10-03-2018 at 02:15 AM..

------------------
My Tinkerings
Old 10-03-2018, 03:38 AM   #10
White Noise
IDMf Artist
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
Word of warning..don't know if you spot this or not, but I was looking at that yesterday and noticed in the small print for the Soundpool stuff that those packs only come with a "Private Use" license..if you want to use them in anything you're going to sell or put out there, then you need to buy a separate "Public Use" license..which is a bit shitty, imho..as it's not clearly mentioned at all when you make this purchase.
I thought they were free for personal use and then you paid for the commercial license, but it comes withe three where you have some choice of packs plus the house one from the humble bundle. If those aren't commercial licenses, then I'm not letting that trashheap onto my hdd.

------------------
Old 10-03-2018, 09:30 AM   #11
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC

The only thing here that seems to have a legit timeout on redemption is the one sample pack (which I'm assuming goes with music maker), and it's December 2021. Luckily packs are easy to backup if that mysteriously disappears on that date from the store, too.

I've only stumbled upon one $15 coupon so far and that one sample pack. I'm apparently missing all sorts of shit as I didn't see the SF upgrade included with mine either.

Still digging the shitty GUI's so far - my favorite part so far is maximizing the window when I scroll through effects because the arrow is literally on the top of the window. I think this happened with both SF and Acid so far.

So Magix has just been going around and acquiring a bunch of shit over the past few years? Oddly Vegas is still a pretty good program, so it's hard to tell what you're going to get with these guys.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:36 AM   #12
mnkvolcno
Savage Mad Cunt
mnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MCmnkvolcno is a savage MC
MC Status: 31810

Quote:
Theres a shit load of free sample packs from the msuic store, + the free house pack + 3 free coupons, about 13 packs in all and you also get a voucher for a free instrument (appears of your choosing).

Not tried the midi yet. Also not sure how to get SAmplitude X2 to show up in your Magix user account Can see all the other registered products there but not that one. Done the activation and appears the key is Trial but maynot be as that reflects the documentation. I suspect to get people upgrading to Samplitude X3. Ive emailed Magix support to see whats going on.

Still going through activation and setup process...lot of software and material for $30. No brainer deal of the decade if you can find a use. Personally good for beta testing and expanding horizons with a few developers on my email. Other than that I cant help wonder if some of these products may eventually go end of line with the recent takeover, or go subscription, maybe cakewalk even.

But that all said and done money well spent if Soundforge keeps going and of course all the bundled plugins and material

Just to note so far these appear to be 32bit versions with Samplitude being the exception as all my x64 plugins failed ah well jbridge 64 to 32 bit if I ever feel the urge to try it. Music Maker not worked out how to load vts in it at all!

There's also a thread on KVRAudio noting the grace period doesnt apply to the humble deal, but I do wonder if you wait till the release date if the code would work.
Something Ive tried just in case is to use the Magix website installers rather than the humble installers, you never know!

Acid pro upgrade is around 99 notes at the moment. SF Audio Studio upgrade us 35.

My instincts were right, promotional platform to get peeps on board and upgrade payment paths Almost tempted to spend anopth $30 to se if the serials will register on release of the new versions (no but a thought)!
I think you may have misread? Looks like Samplitude is seperate from the bundle and $30 on its own. Unless Im the one who misinterpreted.
mnkvolcno is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 09:56 AM   #13
Vault O)))
Savage Mad Cunt

^ It's just the highest tier. You get it all for $30
Thanks to Vault O)))
mnkvolcno (10-03-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 11:37 AM   #14
MFXxx
My own little world

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnkvolcno View Post
I think you may have misread? Looks like Samplitude is seperate from the bundle and $30 on its own. Unless I’m the one who misinterpreted.
I paid $30 and got the following with serials:
Acid Music 10 32bit
AcidPro7 32bit
mp3deluxe19
Music Maker EDM Edition (the non edm edition comes with Acid Pro/Samplitude).
About 13 Magix soundpacks and 1 instrument.
Samplitude Prox2Silver x86/x64
Sound Forge Audio Studio 10 32bit
Sound ForgePro 11 32bit
Video Cleaning Lab

mp3 maker seems to crash when scanning the huge library.
I actually dont see myself using anything apart from soundforgepro but only if I can get a really good upgrade deal to 12.
Maybe rip some of the samples from the packs.
Does support rewire which is interesting, but Im so sorted in all these areas it was more of an expedition and donation, than getting hung up on the details As I say, maybe the future some upgrade deals with win a reinstall.

------------------
My Tinkerings
Thanks to MFXxx
mnkvolcno (10-03-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 12:24 PM   #15
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
I thought they were free for personal use and then you paid for the commercial license, but it comes withe three where you have some choice of packs plus the house one from the humble bundle. If those aren't commercial licenses, then I'm not letting that trashheap onto my hdd.
If you go to [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and click on "Learn more" you get a popup window that lists what comes in the pack and it also says this..

"All audio files are available in lossless WAV format (16 bit/ 44.1 kHz/ Stereo) and can be used without a license for non-commercial purposes. Pro licenses for Soundpools can be found at catooh.com."

Like I said, this is a bit shitty, as it seems like you're having to pay twice to actually use them for anything you might want to sell, unless I'm reading that wrong. Looks like they're just aiming at selling to kids who just want some sounds to make beats and impress their friends..not actual producers who are serious about trying to get their work out there..'cause who in their right mind is going to pay twice for something, when there are plenty of other services out there offering sound packs, where you only have to pay once.

[EDIT: Just checked it out at that other site they say you need to go to, [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
(funny how it sounds kinda like "catch you" ), in order to get a Pro license. It's in German and you need to choose English from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the page to read it if you don't speak/read German. LSS: "Private" license is 19.99 (..which is what Magix is charging) and a "Pro" license costs 49.99.

So, unless I've got this all totally wrong, if you buy these sounds from Magix, then it will cost you 19.99..and then if you want to sell or make public anything you make with them, you have to lay out another 49.99 in order to get a Pro license.

That's nuts!]

Last edited by A.M; 10-03-2018 at 12:40 PM..

------------------
Old 10-03-2018, 12:58 PM   #16
MFXxx
My own little world

Let us only be concerned when one us obtains that mega contract release deal where we have incorporated Magix samples into our masterpieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M View Post
If you go to [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and click on "Learn more" you get a popup window that lists what comes in the pack and it also says this..

So, unless I've got this all totally wrong, if you buy these sounds from Magix, then it will cost you 19.99..and then if you want to sell or make public anything you make with them, you have to lay out another 49.99 in order to get a Pro license.

That's nuts!]

------------------
My Tinkerings
Thanks to MFXxx
A.M (10-03-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 01:39 PM   #17
A.M

Quote:
Let us only be concerned when one us obtains that mega contract release deal where we have incorporated Magix samples into our masterpieces
True..but I'd rather not end up paying more than I have to. At the very least, they should clearly state the costs involved upfront, so people can make an informed decision BEFORE they part with their money.

------------------
Thanks to A.M
MFXxx (10-03-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 06:23 PM   #18
White Noise
IDMf Artist
California

Wow, yeah forget that then. Actually no. Imma make my hit, and then use my mad production skillz to replicate all the loops and stuff in FL studio, then I'll put that out. I'll manually torrent that shit.

------------------
Old 11-03-2018, 01:00 PM   #19
MFXxx
My own little world

FWIW - Reimaged my PC to get rid of the whole lot.
Waiting to see what happens with the 64bit version updates and pricing.
TBH Only interested in SF Pro tbh and the mp3 library manager.
Can see myself using anything else. Will see if there's an easy way to extract the sample packs, not looked yet as I think they are in Magix format (maybe wrong).
Will use Samplitude to beta test plugins, thats about the lot.
Not grinding an axe here, only 22 and charity as far as im concerned, money not wasted either way

------------------
My Tinkerings
Thanks to MFXxx
A.M (11-03-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 02:39 PM   #20
Creepr
IDMf Artist
Creepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond reputeCreepr has a reputation beyond repute
Germany
MC Status: 7560

Meh...downloaded the trial of SF11 and it apparently can only see 32 bit VSTs....I hate the clutter and double entries in my DAWs so I just install 64bit versions as a rule...unless I have missed some secret setting that is a dealbreaker for me.

Advertisements

------------------
Creepr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote