List of chords by emotion plx - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Theory & Composition Questions & comments about composition, arrangement, and music theory. Music rules and how to follow or break them.

Old 18-04-2016, 02:19 PM   #21
MothSound
Radial Developer
MothSound has much to be proud ofMothSound has much to be proud ofMothSound has much to be proud ofMothSound has much to be proud ofMothSound has much to be proud ofMothSound has much to be proud ofMothSound has much to be proud ofMothSound has much to be proud ofMothSound has much to be proud of
Oxford
MC Status: 1210
Re: List of chords by emotion plx

So, what the hell is synthesisa?

Advertisements

------------------
He lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived
MothSound is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:48 AM   #22
envelope3
IDMf Supporter
envelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond reputeenvelope3 has a reputation beyond repute
ottawa
MC Status: 9260

d minor is the saddest of all chords....according to spinal tap.
envelope3 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 03:34 AM   #23
Kyrpto
Knob Twiddler
Kyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of lightKyrpto is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderBlake View Post
So I happen to be one of the lucky few who experience synesthesia, and thus have always wanted to do this. I'm gonna go ahead and just assume the forum knows loads of different chords/progressions, and I'd love to see them listen in terms of what emotion they evoke.
Wouldn't people with such synesthesia experience the whole mood/music association differently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderBlake View Post
A simple example that most of us here would agree with is that a minor can sound sad, and a major can sound happy. But what I'm really after the most are the odd ones out, the chords that I never use and possibly progressions I've never thought of.
That's not technically synesthesia though.
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2016, 10:57 AM   #24
DJyamusic
Regular Freak
DJyamusic will become famous soon enough
israel
MC Status: 60

It's Cool to look on the internet for the emotions that are conected to chord, but for me personally,
maj7's , sus4's , sus2's , and add9's are the most amazing and emotional chords... you just need to practice using them and even as a producer I use a lot of those ! just go for what is personally makes you feel emotional !

Advertisements

DJyamusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: derrick boo - Ofte