The MC Status Disaster - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 26-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #21
Triton64
Triton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MC
Having fun
MC Status: 22350264
Thanked 1,170 Times in 674 Posts
Re: The MC Status Disaster

I miss claymore.

Advertisements

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
The more you keep up w the board the less you'll want the OP at the top every time you open a thread you've been following and / or active in.
Triton64 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #22
Xenon
Xenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond repute
Gangster's Paradise
MC Status: 4160

They are all ways of showing appreciation for contributions by the other members. The MC rep system was broken during the deep, dark and seedy past when one member got greedy and decided to whore themselves to the whole collective, the members rushed to add to the gush, leaving the whole forum swimming in MC point slush, so nowadays we all try to be a little more selective.

This sounds quite like an intro to a fairy-tale:

Once upon a time in peaceful forum right at the heart of the Internet lived a village of joyous IDMf’ers. They were quite a friendly bunch these IDMf’ers, very helpful to all. They always lend hands when an IDMf’er is troubled by something and their warm hospitality even inspires passers-by to settle in with the community. These IDM’fers were real mad cunts.

The higher praise an IDMf’er got, the madder of a cunt he became. And everyone respected this system… Until one day, a few cunts decided that they didn’t want to be just mad cunts; no, it wasn’t good enough for them at all, they wanted to be the maddest of the mad cunts on the Internet.

These cunts got so greedy and started to fabricate ways to rapidly increase their mad cunt status. They started to give each other so many points, and the more they have, the more they could give, and take away. Some of them even had a sadistic pleasure in depriving other IDMf’ers from their points putting them in debt for life.

It was not long before the forum reeked of a dark cloud of mad cunt points hanging in the air, so the points became meaningless. Fortunately, on one sombre day a brave Mod came on his stead, restoring order in the forum and giving MC points a real meaning and a means to spread it responsibly.

And everyone lived, sort of, happily ever after.

Just a joke, but thanks for Spyderbite to ask this question, I was also wondering about this when I read about it the other day. And many thanks, actually I could only give one thank to fid, for your explanation for this MC situation..

------------------
Just started a new movement. I call it Xenon-phobia...
Xenon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #23
fidelium
IDMf Artist
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
¯\(°_o)/¯
MC Status: 2147483647
Thanked 3,447 Times in 1,902 Posts

updated the rules/faq
fidelium is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to fidelium
scyn (26-06-2013)
Old 26-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #24
Xenon
Xenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond reputeXenon has a reputation beyond repute
Gangster's Paradise
MC Status: 4160

Quote:
Originally Posted by fid View Post
updated the rules/faq
Haha, just checked it out. This is slightly off-topic, but on my way there, I scrolled past the Listening booth section, I'm confused because I just notice that in my browser title it now says listening lounge. I hope that I'm not going crazy and that it was like that all the time but I'm sure it changed... Otherwise tell me so I could go see a shrink...

------------------
Just started a new movement. I call it Xenon-phobia...
Xenon is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #25
fidelium
IDMf Artist
fidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MCfidelium is a savage MC
¯\(°_o)/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
Haha, just checked it out. This is slightly off-topic, but on my way there, I scrolled past the Listening booth section, I'm confused because I just notice that in my browser title it now says listening lounge. I hope that I'm not going crazy and that it was like that all the time but I'm sure it changed... Otherwise tell me so I could go see a shrink...
hmmm, that's weird... it says Listening Booth for me...?
Old 26-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #26
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
golly gee wiz
MC Status: 329124900
Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,163 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triton64 View Post
Everybody knows it was claymore's fault

I WAS THERE MAN!

it was indeed claymores initial mc injection,that started the ball rolling,Benwaa is also responsible as he joined in rather quickly,and so on and so on.....i had just a very small part,a side note really......BUT THATS NOT IMPORTANT THEY DID IT THEIR THE ONES!......
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #27
fidelium
IDMf Artist
¯\(°_o)/¯

looking back, it was 25% my fault, 25% benwaa's fault, 48% claymore's fault, and finally, 2% Unregistered's fault.
Old 26-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #28
Rixtr
IDMf Supporter
Rixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MCRixtr is a savage MC
golly gee wiz
MC Status: 329124900
Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,163 Posts

^

That is probably accurate.
Rixtr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:47 AM   #29
gbsr
gbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MC
gothenburg, sweden.
MC Status: 33141603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Minion View Post
The dark age was when people were way too liberated on this forum.

A state of mind which they expressed through endless homoerotic replies to threads, which automatically got praised with endless meat injections I mean rep points.

*Shudders at the thought of how readily Claymore would flod his rep package around*
ok and uh, who are you exactly?

------------------
gbsr is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:54 AM   #30
gbsr
gbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MCgbsr is a savage MC
gothenburg, sweden.

remember kids: you ARE your post count!

err, i mean, you ARE your mc status!

(which is useless since people put a thank you for anything as opposed to when people are actually helping out, which is the point of most of this forum )

------------------
Old 02-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #31
RFJ
IDMf Artist
RFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MCRFJ is a savage MC
I live in California.
MC Status: 199644118
Thanked 4,897 Times in 3,160 Posts

@gbsr; thanks.

------------------
RFJ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:01 AM   #32
gbsr
gothenburg, sweden.

lol. clever

------------------
Old 02-07-2013, 02:23 AM   #33
deadmau7
IDMf ArtistModerator
deadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MCdeadmau7 is a savage MC
MC Status: 175275890
Thanked 2,693 Times in 1,916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fid View Post
looking back, it was 25% my fault, 25% benwaa's fault, 48% claymore's fault, and finally, 2% Unregistered's fault.
Did you use a [you ] tag for the 2%?
deadmau7 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #34
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53740955
Thanked 2,387 Times in 1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbsr View Post
ok and uh, who are you exactly?
My old username was musicophilia.
http://idmforums.com/member.php?u=40235

------------------
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:00 PM   #35
fidelium
IDMf Artist
¯\(°_o)/¯

lol @ #idmf_golden_era
Thanks to fidelium
Vlantis (03-07-2013)
Old 03-07-2013, 04:15 AM   #36
Spyderbyte
Ghostly
Spyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MCSpyderbyte is a savage MC
MC Status: 10160

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim7 View Post
Did you use a [you ] tag for the 2%?
It's a lot easier for me to spot those tags because I'm a fucking nobody.
Spyderbyte is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:51 AM   #37
Numerical
IDMf Artist
Numerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MCNumerical is a savage MC
Austin
MC Status: 45942381
Thanked 5,684 Times in 3,583 Posts

You can turn them in for stuff @ Chucky Cheese's.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
LOOK AT ALL THAT AWESOME SHIT

------------------
brumski
Numerical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #38
Entropy
Savage Mad Cunt
Entropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MC
York
MC Status: 63087378

Quote:
Benwaa was like patient zero. Claymore was the mosquito that bit him.
Didn't we use to call it repatitis or something?

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
Seeing so many of my quotes in peoples Sigs makes me happy.
Entropy is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #39
Entropy
Savage Mad Cunt
Entropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MCEntropy is a savage MC
York

Quote:
I miss claymore.
He's completely disappeared. His Soundcloud and Facebook accounts are no longer there, and he doesn't respond to personal emails.

I hope he's okay.

------------------
Quote:
Old 03-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #40
Entropy
Savage Mad Cunt
York

PM from Tim:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim7
I stand corrected.

Advertisements

------------------
Quote: