Whats wrong with you guys ?!!!
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Intelligent Dance Music / Electronica IDM, braindance, ambient techno, electronica or whatever else you call Warp/Skam/Schematic/Planet-Mu/Rephlex/Raster-Noton type music goes here.

Closed Thread
Old 30-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #1
Luke marvel
Banned
Luke marvel is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Whats wrong with you guys ?!!!

Im into idm and electronics for a six years, and i still fell like new one in this sphere, but I see people who are admins, idm artists and ''idm experts'' who knows only a few good idm tracks and talking about dubsteps and other cheesy stufff. No offence, but whats wrong with you guys ?!!! Dont you know how to explore Discogs ?

Advertisements

Luke marvel is offline   Thanks
Old 30-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198360
Thanked 3,967 Times in 2,954 Posts
Re: Whats wrong with you guys ?!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke marvel View Post
Im into idm and electronics for a six years, and i still fell like new one in this sphere, but I see people who are admins, idm artists and ''idm experts'' who knows only a few good idm tracks and talking about dubsteps and other cheesy stufff. No offence, but whats wrong with you guys ?!!! Dont you know how to explore Discogs ?
..and your point is exactly?

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 30-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
Luke marvel
Banned

That you know nothing about idm...
Old 30-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
A.M
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC

Quote:
Im into idm and electronics for a six years..
And you do..after only six years? I've been into it SINCE IT STARTED! Come back in another 25 to 30 years and then make sweeping statements like that and somebody might..just might..take you seriously! This is a forum..which means it's a place for everyone to share their views and express their opinions of a common topic or subject, which in this case is music..not just IDM..but all kinds, because most of us here respect the fact that music evolves..just as we do as people..and that different genres influence each other over time.

There is NO one type of music that remains the same ever and we, as producers and performers draw on the many different influences and make those changes happen..in effect we ARE that evolution that takes place in music! If you don't see this or understand why we talk about so many different types of music on here, then perhaps you are more of a listener than you are a producer.

And if you are a producer..or want to be..then you have a lot to learn..or so it would appear.

AM

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Thanks to A.M
PROton42 (30-07-2012)
Old 30-07-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8562280
Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,250 Posts

I think it's really hard to judge the individual or collective knowledge of the forum members simply based on some forum posts. How much digging around the forum you done to come to this conclusion. Not going to say the topics you mention don't get discussed here, as clearly they do. But there are plenty of threads related to IDM on this forum.

Also, you can begin any conversation you want. What discussion do you want to have that isn't here?

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks
Old 30-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5745443

Judging by your post you don't either.

I know very little about IDM but this forum is full of many different types of people and musical preferences. The admins, which weren't probably selected because they're ace glitch or ambient artists. But apart of the community. And I don't know how you figure experts, but I'm guessing post count. Which means fuck all.

If you don't like the forums, you could always go complain somewhere else. You haven't invested much time here.

------------------
Say :|

bbb is offline   Thanks
Old 30-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #7
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45965598
Thanked 1,195 Times in 919 Posts

I've spent more time making idm then taking the time to listen to/dig for idm artists

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks
Old 30-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #8
Luke marvel
Banned

Theres truth in your words, but you missing the point. AMechanics, im here not for understand whos beter produser, or to measure knowlege, about electronic music, im just telling what I saw. The fack that i saw people who are trying to be experts of that kind of music and stoping the evoliution of conversation. The lack of knowlege and desinformation. Sorry if I looked mean for you. Anyway if anyone want to discuss about dubstep, techno, hardcore or OTHER styles of music , I think they must go to dubstep, techno and other forums , right ?
Old 30-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #9
bbb
IDMf Artist
bbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MCbbb is a savage MC
ATX
MC Status: 5745443

You're missing the point.

There are a crap ton of people here, while this forum started specifically for IDM at one point, there are a large number of users that have nothing to do with IDM. A lot of people come for information on production and stay for the community.

------------------
Say :|

bbb is offline   Thanks
Old 30-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #10
Luke marvel
Banned

Sad
Old 30-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #11
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah

ugh..this site is a production resource and a place to discover new music... the who likes what genre to produce doesn't really matter that much.... being that the techniques are universal... if a sound is a good sound then I really don't see a problem with any music as long as it's high quality production, musical, and induces some sort of emotion/euphoria of awesomeness

nice troll brah.

------------------
Thanks to Br/ainfu+ked
Mindsweeper (30-07-2012)
Old 30-07-2012, 03:32 PM   #12
Vlantis
IDMf Artist
Vlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MCVlantis is a savage MC
In the desert.
MC Status: 421875179
Thanked 4,944 Times in 2,860 Posts

I'll be back later.

------------------
Pay-what-you-want albums at bandcamp.
Soundcloud
Facebook
Vlantis is offline   Thanks
Old 30-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #13
A.M

Quote:
Theres truth in your words, but you missing the point. AMechanics, im here not for understand whos beter produser, or to measure knowlege, about electronic music, im just telling what I saw. The fack that i saw people who are trying to be experts of that kind of music and stoping the evoliution of conversation. The lack of knowlege and desinformation. Sorry if I looked mean for you. Anyway if anyone want to discuss about dubstep, techno, hardcore or OTHER styles of music , I think they must go to dubstep, techno and other forums , right ?
I understand what you are saying, Luke Marvel..but I think it's HOW you said it that was wrong.

We all have our own views on music..and that's why we joined a forum to begin with..to share those views and hear what others have to say. It's not so much that there are "experts" on here..but more a case of many different views, which is a good thing..as we can take from those views what we like and learn from them if we wish.

Nobody ever said you have to agree with every post or comment somebody makes on here in order to be a member..but you do need to respect the rights of others to express themselves openly on here..and other forums, too..and you and your views will be respected in return. That's how the forum system works.

As relic suggested in the reply posted above, why not just start your own thread about the type of music you are into? Or just post to threads that already exist on subjects you like..there has to be some on here..God knows this place is big enough!

If you are just pissed off with how little you think others understand your type of music, then post about, showing what you, yourself, know about the subject..but don't just make posts like the one above..as nobody learns anything from such posts and they only make you look like an idiot..which I'm sure you're not, as we ALL have SOMETHING to offer..right?

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 30-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #14
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlantis View Post

I'll be back later.

Looking forward to seeing you back here then..hope it's worth the return visit!

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 30-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
blah

before this thread goes into 8 pages of backtracking through the same bullshit that was talked in depth about 5 pages ago would anybody liek to participate in fmb's beat battle?

Last edited by Br/ainfu+ked; 30-07-2012 at 03:39 PM..

------------------
Thanks to Br/ainfu+ked
bbb (30-07-2012)
Old 30-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #16
Luke marvel
Banned

Maybe I just overated the fact that here is so mutch people dont give a dam about culture... Anyway thnx for help
Old 30-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #17
Automageddon
Administrator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269476058
Thanked 3,049 Times in 2,021 Posts

I'm in it for the violence.

------------------
Automageddon is offline   Thanks
Old 30-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #18
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1541127
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,318 Posts

IDMF: Where sweeping over-generalizations aren't the exception, they are the norm.

You'll do just fine here.

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks
Old 30-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #19
A.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
I'm in it for the violence.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Old 30-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #20
A.M

Quote:
Maybe I just overated the fact that here is so mutch people dont give a dam about culture... Anyway thnx for help
People DO give a damn..YOU do..I do..others do,too..you just can't expect everyone to is all.

Advertisements

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread