New Clark EP (already?!)
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Intelligent Dance Music / Electronica IDM, braindance, ambient techno, electronica or whatever else you call Warp/Skam/Schematic/Planet-Mu/Rephlex/Raster-Noton type music goes here.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
raxical
Regular Freak
raxical is currently spamming hard
Edinburgh
MC Status: 10
New Clark EP (already?!)

New track posted on both Warp and Clark's Facebook pages. What say you guys? I'm looking forward to a new release, but the 'Fantasm Planes' title track hasn't gripped me hugely... (yet?)

Advertisements

raxical is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
ratchet_
Radial Developer
ratchet_ is a savage MCratchet_ is a savage MCratchet_ is a savage MCratchet_ is a savage MCratchet_ is a savage MCratchet_ is a savage MCratchet_ is a savage MCratchet_ is a savage MCratchet_ is a savage MCratchet_ is a savage MCratchet_ is a savage MC
MC Status: 357814
Re: New Clark EP (already?!)

Extremely excited about this, I very much enjoy the preview track:

http://warp.net/records/clark/fantasm-planes-ep

Took me a few listens to get in to Iradelphic, but now it's one of my favorite Clark albums (no idea how that happened!).

Looking forward to hearing Clark's constantly evolving sound
ratchet_ is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
WGS
Soundwave Mangler
WGS is a savage MCWGS is a savage MCWGS is a savage MCWGS is a savage MCWGS is a savage MCWGS is a savage MCWGS is a savage MCWGS is a savage MCWGS is a savage MCWGS is a savage MCWGS is a savage MC
Teyxus
MC Status: 2097700

Oooh. I was unexcited until that section around 2:00. Iradelphic kind of left me lukewarm, like he'd figured out a new sound/aesthetic for himself but didn't know what to do with it yet and was just kind of messing around. Maybe this one will have some more developed ideas.

------------------
WGS is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 12:16 AM   #4
Cypherclerk
Generate & Test
Cypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MCCypherclerk is a savage MC
Rectilinear Filigree
MC Status: 53741005
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet_ View Post
Extremely excited about this, I very much enjoy the preview track:

http://warp.net/records/clark/fantasm-planes-ep

Took me a few listens to get in to Iradelphic, but now it's one of my favorite Clark albums (no idea how that happened!).

Looking forward to hearing Clark's constantly evolving sound
Very dull, uninspired, and hollow sounding track IMO.

Iradelphic is a great album though.
Cypherclerk is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2012, 05:23 PM   #5
henryspencer
Digital Surfer
henryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MChenryspencer is a savage MC
MC Status: 2983763

I really like Clark, he is a great producer and some of his sounds and melodies are beautiful.

However I almost feel that sometimes he gets a bit lost in the technical side or something and becomes self indulgent to some degree. Body Riddle is one of my all time favs and it seems after that, he never quite got that emotion and feeling back in his music, and it almost got sacrificed in favour of noodling around with all his gear....
henryspencer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2012, 07:54 AM   #6
agargara
Minor Glitch
agargara has a spectacular aura aboutagargara has a spectacular aura aboutagargara has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

I also wasn't entirely impressed with Iradelphic, but I think Secret and The Pining are amazing...I hope Clark continues to go in that direction.
agargara is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 05:38 AM   #7
Djreject
Analog Lurker
Djreject has a spectacular aura aboutDjreject has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 168

It seems to take a while to digest any of Chris Clark, I guess it's because he changes his sound so much from one to the other, I hope i'm gonna get down to iradelphic one day, but for now i'm still rediscovering his older stuff...

------------------
Djreject is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #8
Triton64
Triton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MCTriton64 is a savage MC
Having fun
MC Status: 22350264
Thanked 1,170 Times in 674 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchet_ View Post
would have to hear it in the context of an entire album...

Advertisements

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
The more you keep up w the board the less you'll want the OP at the top every time you open a thread you've been following and / or active in.
Triton64 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote