I hate chemistry - WIP - [House]
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 09-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #1
ajdangles
Savage Mad Cunt
ajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond repute
Hamilton
MC Status: 9110
I hate chemistry - WIP - [House]

Made this a couple days ago. Not sure if I should continue working on it or scrap it all together. I feel like the melody is really boring and repetitive. What do you guys think?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

ajdangles is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - I hate chemistry - WIP - [House].
Old 09-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
kewlitz
Minor Glitch
kewlitz is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: I hate chemistry - WIP - [House]

I agree that the melody is repetetive but I still think it works. Don't scrap it!
kewlitz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
Rene Leino
Granular Poster
Rene Leino will become famous soon enoughRene Leino will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

It's got pottential! What ever you do, don't scrap it! Try and make it a bit different like adding different sections to it. I don't usually listen to this kind of music so I don't really know what you could do with it, but it sounds REALLY good to me.
Rene Leino is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:09 PM   #4
ajdangles
Savage Mad Cunt
ajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond reputeajdangles has a reputation beyond repute
Hamilton
MC Status: 9110

Ya, I think i just need to build it up a little more, vary up the drums a lil bit, add some strings and play around with the melody a little more. Then layering, mixing etc. But I think I have the meat of the song done. Thanks for the feedback.
ajdangles is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
rexl12
Minor Glitch
rexl12 is currently spamming hard
Miami, FL

don't scrap it, the only thing i wasn't into was the piano, but i'm sure if you change how you use it, or change what notes it's playing the song would be fine (of course it still needs to be filled in and everything, but this is good, great chill, progressive house vibe)

------------------
rexl12 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 04:47 AM   #6
Praestigiatores
Granular Poster
Praestigiatores is currently spamming hard

Well first off, I'm pretty sure this is trance, minus the builds and stuff.

Your kick is too quiet, I think. I'd like to hear the bass line be more prominent as well.

Your melody is perfectly fine, I think you've been listening to it too much. For a one shot, I really liked it.
Praestigiatores is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
Optimal Prime
Ghostly
Optimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimal Prime has a reputation beyond repute
Greater Manchester
MC Status: 6810

The piano definitely has potential and I like it quite a bit. Not keen on that synth melody that enters the mix after the main drop as it sounds a bit dry in the mix. Probably would do something slightly different with it to make it less simplistic and then as some others have mentioned, work on varying the perc a little more. Try to aim the track so it doesn't sound like it's been put together using perc loops, which is what you get when perc just changes instantly from nothing to full perc loops. I got that feeling moreso at the end of the main break and into the drop where the arp melody cuts in the mix

The main prog synth is alright, and although I once loved this sound, I feel that these days, it's been done to death and so simple that it can make a track sound dull and lifeless without attention to detail in terms of variation. Focus on keeping the track moving as much as you can.

Vocals would be a welcome addition to the mix if they were possible.

Advertisements

------------------
Our newest UK DnB Mix Show hosted by Hush & Multi

Optimal Prime is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote