Dark Electro vs. Aggrotech?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Industrial / EBM / Power Electronics Discussion of music similar to Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy, Throbbing Gristle.

Old 15-12-2014, 03:10 AM   #1
Kozmotron
Radial Developer
Kozmotron is a jewel in the roughKozmotron is a jewel in the roughKozmotron is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
Dark Electro vs. Aggrotech?

sucks to say, Wikipedia has the most info on these two genres, but there's barely any background info on them!!
can anyone define Dark Electro and Aggrotech?

for one, I'd like to know where their originated (I think Dark Electro came from Germany, no say about Aggrotech but would it be wrong to say it came from Germany as well..?)

and I'd also like to know more about their characteristics (what sounds/lyrical themes define Dark Electro and Aggrotech?)

btw, no samples are needed, I'd just like a textual definition/explanation plz~ thx!

Advertisements

Kozmotron is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 06:46 AM   #2
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA
MC Status: 507776
Re: Dark Electro vs. Aggrotech?

Aggrotech: Hardstyle trance with angry yelling about how Christianity is bad?
i.e. heavily distorted 909 kick, supersaw leads, pitchshifted vocals (remember: christianity = bad, this is very important to the style)

Dark Electro is I think more the cybergoth vibe, sooo, I dunno, more ebm/electro-industrial-ish? lyrics about war and/or post-apocalyptic future shizz?
slightly less overdriven drums, cleaner, slightly more complex melodies on supersaw leads, distorted vocals (remember: the future = uncertain, this is very important to the style, also, maybe war)

Last edited by penguinoid; 17-12-2014 at 07:08 AM..
penguinoid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 09:02 AM   #3
Histronics
Radial Developer
Histronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond reputeHistronics has a reputation beyond repute
Bradenton, Florida
MC Status: 4110

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolirl View Post
Dark foreskin vs ballsacktech
I liked the new single "Arabian Goggles" that has come from the ballsacktech genere. Sadly not very enlightening though.
Histronics is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 12:38 PM   #4
AlphaQuadrant66
Master of the LFO
AlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant future
Westfalen
MC Status: 1760

Definition: Very short ideas....

Original Dark Electro: Eg. yelworC, Placebo Effect, amgoD, early Hocico, some SP, some Das Ich, Cradle Of Spoil, Calva Y Nada...
(Came from EBM I believe, but not so danceable and darker, slower, a style which also has goffy feeling, so you could see goffs that hated ebm dance to darkelectro back in the days 90ties I mean mabye early 2000s)

Newer Dark Electro: eg. Newer Hocico, TakSekt, some Suicide Commando, some ESC
(has orig. darkelectro roots but more 4 on the floor and straighter, also heavier beats often)

Agrrotech? Probably all the SHIT which is hyped the last 10 yrs or so: Nachtmahr, Eisenfunk, Extize etc. (I dont want to know that stuff, so dont know much names)
(Seems a mix from weaker techno, hardstyle and 90ties dance but with "harsh vox" and bad lyrics)

Last edited by AlphaQuadrant66; 21-12-2014 at 12:50 PM..

------------------
http://www.last.fm/music/Alpha+Quadrant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-ohoLNTrrk
Apparently the world is an orchestra of assholes, and they're playing in concert. ( hellsicon )
AlphaQuadrant66 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 12:45 PM   #5
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 36100
Thanked 4,155 Times in 2,711 Posts

Dark electro:

Aggrotech:

That's all there is to it.

Grendel are fucking awesome live by the way.

I know, no samples are needed.

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2014, 12:53 PM   #6
AlphaQuadrant66
Master of the LFO
AlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant futureAlphaQuadrant66 has a brilliant future
Westfalen

@ Proton: Can you name the songs ? (I disabled flash so dont see youtube etc. in forums). I found Grendel pretty horrible btw.

@ OP: If you want examples just say

------------------
Apparently the world is an orchestra of assholes, and they're playing in concert. ( hellsicon )
Old 21-12-2014, 12:55 PM   #7
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaQuadrant66 View Post
@ Proton: Can you name the songs ? (I disabled flash so dont see youtube etc. in forums). I found Grendel pretty horrible btw.

@ OP: If you want examples just say
No, fuck you I'm not gonna name the songs if you immediately think they're shit. lol.

No, OP DIDN'T want examples. He already said that.

I put tracks down cause I don't give a fuck.

WELCOME TO THE PHILOSOPHY OF AGGROTECH.

------------------
Old 21-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #8
AlphaQuadrant66
Master of the LFO
Westfalen

How do you know IŽd find them shit ?

Maybe they are some rare good songs.

And: Fuck you, too.

------------------
Old 21-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #9
PROton42
IDMf Artist

Quote:
How do you know IŽd find them shit ?
Quote:
I found Grendel pretty horrible btw.
:badger:

Anyways, that aside: it's inconsequential.

------------------
Old 21-12-2014, 01:06 PM   #10
AlphaQuadrant66
Master of the LFO
Westfalen

So both are Grended ?

I was mainly refering to live btw. (you wrote "awesome live") Saw Grendel on some festival 10 yrs or so ago with I believe Feindflug and SC. The latter was as "good" as ever other 2 bands more or less... not shit, but lets say not my taste....

Well I will find out your songs

------------------
Old 22-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #11
AlphaQuadrant66
Master of the LFO
Westfalen

Well the Yendri song is ok, but I think not dark enough

Here an example of orig. darkelectro:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

+ "newer" darkelectro:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Old 23-12-2014, 01:22 AM   #12
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROton42 View Post
I put tracks down to spite god

WELCOME TO THE PHILOSOPHY OF AGGROTECH.
*fixed*
Old 23-12-2014, 01:55 AM   #13
PROton42
IDMf Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinoid View Post
*fixed*
This reminds me of how people were bitching about christian God and Sensationalized Satan and the Antichrist on a youtube of Marilyn Manson's "The Beautiful People"... A song and music video that have absolutely ZERO religious context or imagery.

I guess it just "seemed" "evil" enough.

------------------
Thanks to PROton42
penguinoid (23-12-2014)
Old 23-12-2014, 06:13 AM   #14
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
Berkeley, CA

Quote:
This reminds me of how people were bitching about christian God and Sensationalized Satan and the Antichrist on a youtube of Marilyn Manson's "The Beautiful People"... A song and music video that have absolutely ZERO religious context or imagery.

I guess it just "seemed" "evil" enough.
Yeah, I get what you're saying, I guess I'm reading into it too much, cursory lyrics search of popular aggrotech bands yields the following:

Hocico - evil song:
"God, demon, God, evil, No faith, No faith"

Psyclon 9 - The Feeding
"The cross that feeds on your mind, I've seen the lies that reflect in your eyes
It's just a matter of time, From holy scriptures unfurl twisted lines."

Tactical Sekt - Faded Prophecy
"Painted all your icons of submission
Pray to your plastered statue gods and
Piece together farcical legends
And rape your gullible sheep of all"

X-Fusion - Jesus Hates You
"Jesus hates you
Jesus hates your fucking life"

Agonoize - Sacrifice:
"You talk about religious truth
But without proof it would be of any use"
Thanks to penguinoid
PROton42 (23-12-2014)
Old 23-12-2014, 06:31 AM   #15
PROton42
IDMf Artist

I think the main thing to keep in mind, that aggrotech is about being pissed, aggressive, not taking any more shit, what have you. Religion, especially Christianity, is definitely something to be pissed about. Considering how many people have been murdered, brainwashed, oppressed by it. Just as much as governments (built on religions), just as much as pop culture. It's definitely a very political kind of message evolved from industrial ideology.

------------------
Thanks to PROton42
penguinoid (23-12-2014)
Old 23-12-2014, 11:49 AM   #16
aikighost
Lemon Eater
aikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MCaikighost is a savage MC
Reading
MC Status: 12851960

The on thing to keep in mind is both genres are boring, cheesy and made for 'edgy" children. Thats yer market right there.

------------------
The ultimate Law: All general statements are false

My Techno Music News & Techno Mixes Blog

Submit mixes to TechnoMusicNews.com
aikighost is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2014, 03:16 PM   #17
PROton42
IDMf Artist

Nah I think that's subversive bullshit meant to discredit an entire culture of people who have genuine reason to be pissed off.

------------------
Old 23-12-2014, 07:03 PM   #18
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
Berkeley, CA

Quote:
I think the main thing to keep in mind, that aggrotech is about being pissed, aggressive, not taking any more shit, what have you.
Yeah, the problem there though is that a lot of them seem to be pissed and not taking any more shit from the girls who ignored them in high school.
Old 23-12-2014, 07:08 PM   #19
PROton42
IDMf Artist

Okay. So it can safely be assumed that if a majority of a scene is a certain way, the rest fall into place.

Just like when people say "goths are mental, serial killers, and depressed, satanists, loners, witches"

------------------
Old 23-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #20
AlphaQuadrant66
Master of the LFO
Westfalen

I knew quite a lot of so called goffs in the past, most were party people (drink, fuck, drug, music...you name it) lol. Satanist were more the blackmetal folk, even if most good blackmetal isnt about satan lol

@ aikighost: Wholeheartly disagree, I tried to point out that the orig darkelectro was a cool und genuin style. Even some of the newer "2nd" darkelectro is ok or even cool. Seems I failed (listen to the tracks I posten, hear the difference to aggro/terror etc. stuff??)

Advertisements

------------------
Thanks to AlphaQuadrant66
lolirl (24-12-2014)