Reason Help Samples Not Loading Into Thor
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:13 AM   #1
Shredder321
Learning The Ropes
Shredder321 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Reason Help Samples Not Loading Into Thor

Hello, I am having a slight problem. The samples I am trying to load (Prime Loops XXL Ultimate Collection) will work fine in Redrum, but when I try to sample them them into Thor they disappear from the list, but their folders are still present. How do I get these samples into Thor? Also, are there any alternative techniques?

Thank you, Shredder

Advertisements

Shredder321 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #2
mimicry
Deep Underground
mimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MC
MC Status: 6715879
Re: Reason Help Samples Not Loading Into Thor

Thor is not a sampler. You can load samples in sampler devices: Kong, Redrum, NN-19 and NN-XT. Dr Rex can load loops in rex format. The rest (SubTractor, Thor, Malström) are synthesizers which generate sounds themselves.

------------------

Mimicry - Felt Like Walking:
mimicry is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:12 AM   #3
stem collector
IDMf Artist
stem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MCstem collector is a savage MC
seattle
MC Status: 74605010
Thanked 1,242 Times in 856 Posts

try the nnxt or nn19

------------------
stem collector is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:20 PM   #4
Shredder321
Learning The Ropes

Well, the purpose of me trying doing this is so that I can alter the sample and beef it up a little bit more. I know I can do this stuff with the eq, compressor, and maximizer, but what if I want to change it's oscillatory effects, LFO routing, and stuff like that? Can I apply filters and stuff in the NNXT or NN19? Thanks a lot guys
Old 04-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #5
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269459008
Thanked 2,708 Times in 1,810 Posts

Are you fucking kidding?
Really, first you try to open samples in a synth, then you ask if NNXT or NN19 have filters, do you have eyes? Just look at the interface of NNXT and NN19 and you will see the filters right in front of you!
This is not about being noob, this is just plain lazyness (or idiocy).
What about you invest some time in your lovely pirated software and read the manual, learn the basics, understand the basic differences between a synth and a sampler?

I'm not saying that you should learn all about synthesis and sampling, but at least invest some little time in learning your tools!

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Automageddon
penguinoid (05-05-2012)
Old 04-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744026491
Thanked 7,181 Times in 4,468 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
Or trolling.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #7
Shredder321
Learning The Ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automageddon View Post
Are you fucking kidding?
Really, first you try to open samples in a synth, then you ask if NNXT or NN19 have filters, do you have eyes? Just look at the interface of NNXT and NN19 and you will see the filters right in front of you!
What about you invest some time in your lovely pirated software and read the manual, learn the basics, understand the basic differences between a synth and a sampler?

I'm not saying that you should learn all about synthesis and sampling, but at least invest some little time in learning your tools!
I don't appreciate your rudeness! I don't give a crap if we are on the internet or not. I'm pretty new to this and I don't know a whole lot, I'm not a award winning synth junkie like yourself. I don't need to explain myself as to why I didn't check these devices in the first place. It was just a quick question I wrote from work. Btw, lazyness is spelled laziness, so before you come writing some crap in my thread in the extremely rude fashion you did, spouting about idiocy, I suggest you learn to spell first.

For those who are trying to help and not act like know it all knit wits, thanks for your time.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744026491
Thanked 7,181 Times in 4,468 Posts

You have to give him some credit, he is, after all Italian.
How's your Italian btw?
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #9
Automageddon
IDMf ArtistModerator
Automageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MCAutomageddon is a savage MC
Less kids, more synths.
MC Status: 269459008
Thanked 2,708 Times in 1,810 Posts

And in case one day you'll decide to learn something about your DAW and pick up a few things about synthesis in the way, try here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

It's surely much faster than asking on a forum and waiting for a ready-made answer.

Please feel free to correct any spelling mistakes.

------------------
Automageddon is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Automageddon
lolirl (04-05-2012)
Old 04-05-2012, 02:20 PM   #10
mimicry
Deep Underground
mimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MCmimicry is a savage MC

Award winning synth junkie (:

I'd watch that gala.

------------------

Old 04-05-2012, 02:44 PM   #11
Shredder321
Learning The Ropes

Italian bloke, eh? I like Italians
Old 04-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #12
Shredder321
Learning The Ropes

I gave the NNXT and the NN19 a shot and the samples still won't load in. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Maybe the file format? Why would they work in redrum, but not these samplers?
Old 04-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #13
mimicry
Deep Underground

You need to click on the "Browse Sample" button, not "Browse Patch". On NN-19, its on the top, over the middle screen with piano keys. On NN-XT, you first have to click on the arrow in the bottom left corner so the device opens up fully. You can see the "Browse Sample" button on the top left of the expanded area.

But it seems like you do need a long hard look at the manual. It takes less time than waiting for a reply on some forum.

------------------

Old 05-05-2012, 02:43 AM   #14
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA
MC Status: 507776

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder321 View Post
I'm not a award winning synth junkie like yourself.
should read: "an award-winning".

Quote:
know it all
"know-it-all".

Quote:
knit wits
"nitwit".

kind of damning in a post where you were correcting somebody's spelling, no?

As you were, gentlemen.

Last edited by penguinoid; 05-05-2012 at 06:00 AM..

Advertisements

------------------
penguinoid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote