Any good youtuber that has tutorials?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 27-03-2014, 10:57 AM   #1
Khalio
Learning The Ropes
Khalio is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Any good youtuber that has tutorials?

Hiya, was wondering, if any of you guys knew a youtuber that specializes in electronic music and makes tutorials a little more in depth than other's, i would like to learn abit more semi advanced song for instance how make all sort of effects and manipulate with sounds. thank ya!

Khalio

Advertisements

Khalio is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Zion i - Coastin
Old 27-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #3
Khalio
Learning The Ropes
Khalio is currently spamming hard
Re: Any good youtuber that has tutorials?

Thanks pal!
Khalio is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #4
SustainedAttack
Learning The Ropes
SustainedAttack is currently spamming hard

Keyword: Masterclass. There's alot of really informative ones on youtube. G'Luck!
SustainedAttack is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: My Nu Leng
Old 27-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #5
TIMT
Soundscaper
TIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MCTIMT is a savage MC
MC Status: 418660

The time spent wasted looking for something productive on youpubes you probably could of came up with infinite new methods just noodling round with plugins,swapping around plugin chains,playing round with combining different oscillators,filter combos

Tutorials are a creativity killer and thanks to the age of the tutorial only producer we have alot of shite out there (ranty rant)

Read the basics then expand on that

LOL come to think of it.the only tutorial i have ever watched intentively (largely because of the visuals)is the "Art of Mixing" By David Gibson.i pretty much learnt all my basics from there and an old pc publishing book called "Quick Guide To Analog Synthesis" by Ian Waugh.after that it was all pretty much experimentation (pointlessly reminiscing)

TIMT

Last edited by TIMT; 27-03-2014 at 12:58 PM..
TIMT is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2014, 03:46 PM   #6
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8564580
Thanked 7,473 Times in 5,277 Posts

I dont think tutorials are a problem. It is the way a lot of people approach tutorials, both the tutor and tutee. Everyone approachs them as absolutes. Do exactly these things to get this exact result. IMO tutorials, at least for music software, ought to give you the building blocks to experiment on your own. This is why it leads to the boring, mediocre culture of copy cat ism we have on our hands.

Telling a beginnger to only noodle around forever is bad idea IMO. Some people can learn this way, but not all. I think approaching good tutorials with the right attitude, reading manuals and experimenting is the best use of a newbie's time. But of course that is just based on my experience.

Second on Seamless tutorials for FL Studio. Is there anything specific you are looking to learn about OP?

I think Groove3.com is well worth the fifteen USD montlhy subscription fee for a beginninger. They have lots of good tutorials that will so you around many tools and concepts and allow you to develop the rest on your own.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
PROton42 (28-03-2014)
Old 28-03-2014, 03:52 AM   #7
Solarite
-
Solarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MCSolarite is a savage MC
Mid
MC Status: 63769944

These are all based around Live, so they may not be exactly what you're looking for, but they are pretty cool:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

------------------
Solarite is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2014, 04:04 AM   #8
Oatbag
IDMf Artist
Oatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MCOatbag is a savage MC
Best Coast
MC Status: 110500
Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,417 Posts

Tutorials on how to use new tools or learn a specific technique that you are curious about can be good. It's the "How do dubstep" and "make ___ genre" ones that bother me.
Oatbag is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Oatbag
relic (28-03-2014)
Old 21-04-2014, 01:06 AM   #9
Mister_Lister
Minor Glitch
Mister_Lister has a spectacular aura aboutMister_Lister has a spectacular aura aboutMister_Lister has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

Hey man, I would suggest checking out Ryan Enzed's tutorials, they are centered around the production of electro-house, but can be applied to many styles I suspect. Additionally, ARTFX does some great tutorials, I have always been a fan. Finally, check out a channel called 'theycallmeQUINCY', this guy does some good glitch-hop tutorials. Good luck!

Advertisements

Mister_Lister is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote