The Rules of Breakcore Club - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Breakcore / Breakbeat / Drum & Bass Discussion of music similar to Noisia, Amon Tobin, Venetian Snares, Prodigy.

Old 08-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #21
penguinoid
Eternal Echoer
penguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MCpenguinoid is a savage MC
Berkeley, CA
MC Status: 507776
Re: The Rules of Breakcore Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
^True, but I'd still rather get down and dirty with an audio file,my mouse, and an efx chain, than resample something livecut, stutter edit, or dBlue spits out.

I find that way I have maximum control over how my glitches behave.
As soon as you have control of them, they are no longer glitches...

Advertisements

penguinoid is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:26 PM   #22
lolirl
Administrator
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744030091
Thanked 7,253 Times in 4,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinoid View Post
As soon as you have control of them, they are no longer glitches...
Exactly correct, they're music.
lolirl is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to lolirl
RFJ (08-11-2013)
Old 31-01-2014, 07:30 PM   #23
Kvlt O)))
Is a retard
Kvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MCKvlt O))) is a savage MC
MC Status: 153560
Thanked 3,071 Times in 2,153 Posts

AMechanics posted about the super amazing The Mangle VST in the Episcapes group, I feel like saying this here because it's been overlooked (fucking groups, right?) and I think it applies to the breakcore and noise subgenres the most. Definitely worth the $33 USD and gives you upgrades for life even though it's currently in beta (it'll crash your DAW, but it's very worth it).
Kvlt O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:55 AM   #24
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 14960

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFJ View Post
I find that way I have maximum control over how my glitches behave.
You kinky bastard.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 03:23 AM   #25
djoxygen
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
djoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MCdjoxygen is a savage MC
Fuck you nosy cunt... lol USA
MC Status: 9390629

Quote:
Originally Posted by eery View Post
My friend came up with this the other day and I liked it a lot. Feel free to add on.

Welcome to Breakcore Club.

The First Rule of Breakcore Club is it's not called a fucking drop. We don't do that shit here.

The Second Rule of Breakcore Club is if you say dubstep one more fucking time, I swear on my mother's life, mate...

The Third Rule of Breakcore Club is there is rhythm. Lots of it. This is complex, just throwing shit together usually doesn't work.

The Forth Rule of Breakcore Club is that sometimes just throwing shit together does work.

The Fifth Rule of Breakcore Club is yes, you can sample. Yes, you should sample. Yes, sample the shit out of everything you fucking can.

The Sixth Rule of Breakcore Club is only people who are in Breakcore Club actually like your music. People who want to get into Breakcore Club because they think it is "cool" will pretend to like your shit, but honestly they hate it just as much as everyone else does.

The Seventh Rule of Breakcore Club is that Soundcloud is honestly your best friend. Also, Datach'i will never be your friend.

The Eighth Rule of Breakcore Club is we are NOT drum and bass. We don't care if you like drum and bass or not. We aren't it, it's a different thing. They can have their own club. Actually, yeah. The Eighth Rule of Breakcore Club is that drum and bass has its own club, Drum and Bass Club. They're down the hall, last door on the left. Next to the House Homeboys. We collab sometimes, it's chill.
YA INDOCTRINATE ME OR SHIT!

------------------
>>>DJ OXYGEN<<<
>>>JOIN OR DIE<<<

"and the decades of what appears to have been unnecessary fearmongering"
djoxygen is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 08:28 AM   #26
tripomatic
Sample Destroyer
tripomatic is a savage MCtripomatic is a savage MCtripomatic is a savage MCtripomatic is a savage MCtripomatic is a savage MCtripomatic is a savage MCtripomatic is a savage MCtripomatic is a savage MCtripomatic is a savage MCtripomatic is a savage MCtripomatic is a savage MC
Etten-Leur
MC Status: 48159

Breakcore knows no boundaries, why should it have rules?

------------------
That what doesn't Kill you................... Makes you Stronger!
tripomatic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2015, 09:59 AM   #27
professurreal
IDMf Artist
professurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MCprofessurreal is a savage MC
at the end of the tunnel
MC Status: 59410
Thanked 1,188 Times in 790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
AMechanics posted about the super amazing The Mangle VST in the Episcapes group, I feel like saying this here because it's been overlooked (fucking groups, right?) and I think it applies to the breakcore and noise subgenres the most. Definitely worth the $33 USD and gives you upgrades for life even though it's currently in beta (it'll crash your DAW, but it's very worth it).
That looks like a pretty cool granular synth plugin. I'm not sure if this can do anything that can't be done with the Granulator for Ableton but I really the interface in this. Might buy it and give it a try.

Thanks for also sharing it here!

Advertisements

------------------
professurreal is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote