[Beatless Epic Grainy] Null Wave - Next To Walking Dead
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 22-03-2017, 01:19 AM   #1
AnthonyDavid94
Soundwave Mangler
AnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to behold
Yer mum
MC Status: 810
[Beatless Epic Grainy] Null Wave - Next To Walking Dead

Let me know you what you think!
After a long period of struggling with song structure I decided to let my experimental self solve this problem.
I gave the tired breakbeats a little rest in this too.

Advertisements

------------------
AnthonyDavid94 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Beatless Epic Grainy] Null Wave - Next To Walking Dead.
Old 27-03-2017, 04:31 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8541280
Thanked 7,007 Times in 4,979 Posts
Re: [Beatless Epic Grainy] Null Wave - Next To Walking Dead

I really enjoyed this. Quite different from what I remember you posting in the past--a lot of sampled breakbeat workouts (which were all great btw). This is a path to puruse for you I think. I'd listen to another experiment like this, turned out quite well.

You were using Akai rack samplers in the past? You still working with hardware?

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 10:35 AM   #3
Sonar
Analog Lurker
Sonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of lightSonar is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510

I enjoyed it a lot. Your rich synth and the final touch on the last 10 seconds nailed it - just when I thought there was nothing to look forward but a fadeout!
Sonar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 05:21 PM   #4
ColinMolton
Learning The Ropes
ColinMolton will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60

Cool stuff man!
ColinMolton is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2017, 06:08 PM   #5
AnthonyDavid94
Soundwave Mangler
AnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to behold
Yer mum
MC Status: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I really enjoyed this. Quite different from what I remember you posting in the past--a lot of sampled breakbeat workouts (which were all great btw). This is a path to puruse for you I think. I'd listen to another experiment like this, turned out quite well.

You were using Akai rack samplers in the past? You still working with hardware?
Great! You seem to be catching my drift. Since the past year I've done a couple of applied audio jobs and working for the screen has influenced my way of telling a story in electronic driven music.
I've done my share of breakbeat chopping and honestly, the thought of persuing that sound alone depresses me (they still work wonders for live sets, though!)

Since those days I've swapped the samplers for a pc which has helped me tremendously in every aspect. Sold off lots of shit but kept my favourites, which I'm currently setting up, actually. Now it's a bit of a hybrid and I feel totally in touch with 2017.

:notafinga::notafinga::notafinga::notafinga::notaf inga:

Advertisements

------------------
AnthonyDavid94 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote