[lo fi float music] Null Wave - Pinch Pastel
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 12-12-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
AnthonyDavid94
Soundwave Mangler
AnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to behold
Yer mum
MC Status: 810
[lo fi float music] Null Wave - Pinch Pastel

For this I recorded my own drums on a cassette and chopped them

I would like to receive some feedback on the following:

Relevance and how to update it
Mix
Sound shaping tips maybe?
Do you enjoy it at all?

Cheers

Advertisements

------------------
AnthonyDavid94 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [lo fi float music] Null Wave - Pinch Pastel.
Old 13-12-2014, 06:25 AM   #2
floydianslip
Radial Developer
floydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of lightfloydianslip is a glorious beacon of light
MC Status: 510
Re: [lo fi float music] Null Wave - Pinch Pastel

For lo-fi, cassette usage is always relevant! I like that you used your melodic instruments the way you would use drum fills, that was interesting and made it really engaging. You had a lot of change going on throughout the song, and I applaud you for that. Really cool cymbal sound, also. If you want feedback on mixing, I would make the “melodic fills”, if you will, more prominent. I enjoyed it a lot! Also the car horn was rad.
floydianslip is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: Lemon Jelly
Old 13-12-2014, 10:30 AM   #3
SKYCORE
IDMf Artist
SKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MCSKYCORE is a savage MC
busy
MC Status: 53360
Thanked 1,067 Times in 763 Posts

great track, all the elements played to my fetishes.

way to go for going the extra couple steps to give it a special sound. i don't think many people do that. keep em coming
SKYCORE is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2014, 12:46 PM   #4
AnthonyDavid94
Soundwave Mangler
AnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to beholdAnthonyDavid94 is a splendid one to behold
Yer mum

Wow! Cheers for the feedback so far, I've come to realize that no one gives a fuck about only vinyl sampling anymore.

... Car horn though? Wat

------------------
Old 13-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #5
AnthonyDavid94
Soundwave Mangler
Yer mum

Bit more detail... My mate rented a bunker with half a drum kit in there, so no cymbals apart from a hihat, every cymbal in there is that same hihat

------------------
Old 13-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #6
badmotor
Savage Mad Cunt
badmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MCbadmotor is a savage MC
MC Status: 31560

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyDavid94 View Post
Bit more detail... My mate rented a bunker with half a drum kit in there, so no cymbals apart from a hihat, every cymbal in there is that same hihat
Awesome. Really enjoyed that. I need to get out my cassette deck myself. Drum sound is nice and crunchy, definitely the highlight.

Also: SLAYER.
badmotor is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2014, 01:24 PM   #7
Chozo Tull
IDMf Supporter
Chozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MCChozo Tull is a savage MC
Near Paris
MC Status: 14960

Really good vibe.
The intro bit is a bit chaotic to me ... It doesn't seem to make sense in the context of the track.
Otherwise cool track, maybe a bit short, but a nice jam. I'm not the savviest in terms of sound design so I'll leave that to others here, but it seems to be going somewhere, which is always a good thing.

------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boretron42 View Post
I will now only post pictures of my boner if I make it to 10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvlt O))) View Post
If you drop the beat it's just called noise, you trendy fuck.

Chozo Tull is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-2014, 09:05 PM   #8
AnthonyDavid94
Soundwave Mangler
Yer mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmotor View Post
Awesome. Really enjoyed that. I need to get out my cassette deck myself. Drum sound is nice and crunchy, definitely the highlight.

Also: SLAYER.
Yeah I brought a tape recorder to class and asked my mate to say some words. SLAYER

------------------
Old 21-01-2015, 06:24 PM   #9
DAMES_KYTELER
Regular Freak
DAMES_KYTELER is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

I think the mix is very good. I wouldn't have much to change. Maybe with regard to instrumentation the bass is abit to harsh, I would consider using a different sound.

That melody with the bells or whatever they are, it runs throughout, is very nice. My favorite thing about the track is how these keep bouncing along.

I really enjoyed this track. It had a nice flow, keeps moving at a steady pace, keeping me interested. Nice work.

Advertisements

DAMES_KYTELER is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote