[Industrial Glitch?/SlimePunk] v​Mc​ - Price On Game{wip}
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 13-02-2018, 10:18 PM   #1
tvmcc
Sample Destroyer
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522504
[Industrial Glitch?/SlimePunk] v​Mc​ - Price On Game{wip}

Oh i like almond butter and bananas too!!

but seriously, working on the bass .. but wanted to share this

Advertisements

tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Industrial Glitch?/SlimePunk] v​Mc​ - Price On Game{wip}.
Old 14-02-2018, 02:02 AM   #2
JKillz
Analog Lurker
JKillz will become famous soon enough
USA
MC Status: 60
Re: [Industrial Glitch?/SlimePunk] v​Mc​ - Price On Game{wip}

This has some really awesome sound design going on. I really like the creativity in this track.

Felt like the snare could use some bottom end, but chalk that up to personal taste.

Looking forward to hearing the finished track
JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 04:44 PM   #3
NakedOperator
Granular Poster
NakedOperator is a name known to allNakedOperator is a name known to allNakedOperator is a name known to allNakedOperator is a name known to allNakedOperator is a name known to allNakedOperator is a name known to all
Hamburg
MC Status: 560

what i like: the ping pong ball sound at 00:42, cool rhythms all over the track and the the vocal sample at 3:18

not so much: the vocal sample that is all over the track, kind of the most main element... to be honest, very soon i wanted to have a break from it... it is cool a few times...
NakedOperator is online now   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 05:15 PM   #4
Artificer
Ghostly
Artificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MCArtificer is a savage MC
Southern Hell
MC Status: 35060

Preview only has one 'i'.

I liked a lot of the sound design elements, especially the main/lead synth - it was irritating and oppressive in all the right ways. And the rhythms were solid.

The main vocal sample gets tedious as it never changes and repeats ad nauseum. I could do with (a lot) less of it.

Mixing was spot on. Never got muddy or unclear, and every element stood out when it needed to. Since you said you're working on the bass, I'll just say I think it'll help tie the song together.

It's ultimately pretty monotone over the track. The elements never really diverge or mutate into anything else, it's just very slight variations on a theme for four minutes. The bones are strong but I think it needs some sort of contrast or counterpoint to make it really work.

------------------
"It doesn't dry out your skin like soap doesn't."

- Dirk Colon, 2017
Artificer is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 06:00 PM   #5
tvmcc
Sample Destroyer
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC

Thanks so much for these well constructed critiques! I will be taking everything you all have pointed out into the final phases when I get there with this tune! I'll also work on grammar, spelling, and all the other bells and whistles included in being a typer... jk =P Thanks again

Oh and thanks for the correction on my spelling too

Quote:
JKillz
This has some really awesome sound design going on. I really like the creativity in this track.

Felt like the snare could use some bottom end, but chalk that up to personal taste.

Looking forward to hearing the finished track
Quote:
NakedOperator
what i like: the ping pong ball sound at 00:42, cool rhythms all over the track and the the vocal sample at 3:18

not so much: the vocal sample that is all over the track, kind of the most main element... to be honest, very soon i wanted to have a break from it... it is cool a few times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificer View Post
Preview only has one 'i'.

I liked a lot of the sound design elements, especially the main/lead synth - it was irritating and oppressive in all the right ways. And the rhythms were solid.

The main vocal sample gets tedious as it never changes and repeats ad nauseum. I could do with (a lot) less of it.

Mixing was spot on. Never got muddy or unclear, and every element stood out when it needed to. Since you said you're working on the bass, I'll just say I think it'll help tie the song together.

It's ultimately pretty monotone over the track. The elements never really diverge or mutate into anything else, it's just very slight variations on a theme for four minutes. The bones are strong but I think it needs some sort of contrast or counterpoint to make it really work.
Old 15-02-2018, 05:48 AM   #6
Kaiuna
Granular Poster
Kaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud ofKaiuna has much to be proud of
B.C.
MC Status: 1387

Hey dude, this is a tight track. I love the arrangement, your percussion and the sound design. I agree with some of what's already been said so I'll skip it, but there were a couple other things that I wanted to touch on.

I really like the gritty lead you have, but I feel like I wanted it to assault my ears even harder. I know you mentioned you're working on the bass and I don't know what you're imagining for it, but I think you could just turn the lead into the bass line. Layer a sub, fill out the mids and call it a day.

I noticed there was a click at the beginning of the pad/piano sample at 2:00. I'm not sure if that was intentionally done to give it a more percussive element, but the first time I head it, it sounded as though you just forgot to put a fade in for the sample and it was cutting in halfway through a waveform. Just my initial reaction.

The only other thing I could mention is the hats at 2:13 seemed a little hot. I'm not sure if you were using distortion, or if it's the level, but I felt it could get tamed down a tad.

All in all I think this is a superb track. I could really see it killin' on the dance floor. Good job!
Kaiuna is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2018, 10:20 PM   #7
tvmcc
Sample Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiuna View Post
Hey dude, this is a tight track. I love the arrangement, your percussion and the sound design. I agree with some of what's already been said so I'll skip it, but there were a couple other things that I wanted to touch on.

I really like the gritty lead you have, but I feel like I wanted it to assault my ears even harder. I know you mentioned you're working on the bass and I don't know what you're imagining for it, but I think you could just turn the lead into the bass line. Layer a sub, fill out the mids and call it a day.

I noticed there was a click at the beginning of the pad/piano sample at 2:00. I'm not sure if that was intentionally done to give it a more percussive element, but the first time I head it, it sounded as though you just forgot to put a fade in for the sample and it was cutting in halfway through a waveform. Just my initial reaction.

The only other thing I could mention is the hats at 2:13 seemed a little hot. I'm not sure if you were using distortion, or if it's the level, but I felt it could get tamed down a tad.

All in all I think this is a superb track. I could really see it killin' on the dance floor. Good job!
Thanks.
The clicks, blips, blops, kitchen pot being scrapped, popping of bags, static noise, fading, panning, all of it is intended. The vocal samples are processed a bit but everything else I played, resampled, edited/designed, resampled, cut,edited, threw some of it away, dragged bits out.. got bored drunk too much tea, then edited it again, and posted it here for a bit of feedback! =D

Hope you enjoy the update, and what's to come! BigUp

Last edited by tvmcc; 19-02-2018 at 10:53 PM..
Old 19-02-2018, 10:23 PM   #8
tvmcc
Sample Destroyer

Updated mix. Thanks for the input, listens.
Old 19-02-2018, 11:17 PM   #9
tristcarmichael
Granular Poster
tristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nicetristcarmichael is just really nice
Cape Town
MC Status: 410

Cool tune! Not sure if its just me, but that hats were quite bright on my ears. Also felt the lead synth could of opened up into something more. Loved the percussion!

Updated mix. Thanks for the input, listens. [/quote]

Advertisements

------------------
tristcarmichael is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote