[progressive house] Pkreegi - Viies
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 05-02-2018, 03:39 PM   #1
pkreegi
Sample Destroyer
pkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1510
[progressive house] Pkreegi - Viies

Still not sure how to make progressive music beginnings catchy, I think one simply has to bear with it.

Aimed for a more ecstatic dance party vibe here, the kind they do in Bali... Which means more congobongos, and next projects are already in the making with more asian-like instruments.

Also, throwing something out of the genre is my thing... Like what happens at the end of this particular song.

If you liked, leave a comment. If you didn't, leave a comment. If you don't feel like leaving a comment, leave a comment.

Advertisements

pkreegi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [progressive house] Pkreegi - Viies.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:25 PM   #2
PPNDP
Radial Developer
PPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1760
Re: [progressive house] Pkreegi - Viies

I think it is original, the exotic instruments in Progressive House, and the beat is interesting. I really like it as it is not so typical. I would say it is more to listening and relax than dancing.
PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:10 PM   #3
pkreegi
Sample Destroyer
pkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant futurepkreegi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPNDP View Post
I really like it as it is not so typical. I would say it is more to listening and relax than dancing.
You are correct - although the name “ecstatic” suggests otherwise, those ecstatic dance partisa are more aimed to letting your body go free and getting carried by the waves and vibrations. Instead of jumping like a madman, people at these parties look like being on drugs as they are nodding their heads awkwardly in the same rythm, and doing all kinds of different body moving. I’ve been there, by the way, and the feeling is absolutely amazing, better than any othr parties i’ve ever been to - and its without drugs! Woop
Old 08-02-2018, 05:54 AM   #4
JKillz
Microknight
JKillz will become famous soon enoughJKillz will become famous soon enough
USA
MC Status: 110

Nice track, I like what you have going on here. The mix sounds like good quality to me and the instruments work well together. I see what you mean in the last verse/section, definitely interesting and kept me engaged, not sure what to expect. That is a good thing from my perspective.

My only feedback is that you could have ended it around the 4:15 mark, but thats just me lol

Anyways, keep it up
JKillz is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:19 AM   #5
Kyrpto
Sample Destroyer
Kyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

The intro is pretty catchy as it is. Progression is pretty solid and it shows a lot of outside the box thinking.

------------------
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:46 AM   #6
Smile_Price
Soundwave Mangler
Smile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 960

I'm not blown away by the rhythm, but the progression is impressive. I really enjoy the bassline, especially in the final phase.

------------------
Smile_Price is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:18 PM   #7
pkreegi
Sample Destroyer

Aw mawh gawhd. This is such a great input guys. It was such a pain to complete, but its very nice to hear it turned out good
Old 09-02-2018, 09:17 PM   #8
tvmcc
Soundscaper
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522554

Pretty solid concept! Not exactly my preferred music, but did listen to the tune in it's entirety!

There's a few places where the congo/bongo frequencies seem to clash with other instrumentation. Would love to hear the percussion get a little automated sweep to allow them to stand out, and also to allow the other instruments to shine more.

Overall loving the originality, and the fact that you intentionally attempted to outside the box of what others are doing!

Thanks for sharing
tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:06 PM   #9
leegendmusic
Minor Glitch
leegendmusic has a spectacular aura aboutleegendmusic has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 160

very chill i like the congos and that transition around 3:10 really nice
leegendmusic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:24 PM   #10
pkreegi
Sample Destroyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmcc View Post
Pretty solid concept!Would love to hear the percussion get a little automated sweep to allow them to stand out, and also to allow the other instruments to shine more.
Thanks for sharing
Thanks! I now got to google what the in the seven hells is the automated sweep to allow the percussions to stand out.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:56 PM   #11
tvmcc
Soundscaper
tvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MCtvmcc is a savage MC
MC Status: 2522554

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkreegi View Post
Thanks! I now got to google what the in the seven hells is the automated sweep to allow the percussions to stand out.
I'll explain for you:

WHen I was referring to automated sweeps here I was talking about doing some eq sweeps. Automation often allow s a mix space to breath. When we refer to automating a parameter in a mix, we are saying we want to have a certain situation in the song react without the need to ride the fader/potentiometer.

Here's a link which will gie you a few ideals on thigns to automate:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Hope this clears this up for you.

be a great day
tvmcc is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:57 PM   #12
strangerflesh
Sample Destroyer
strangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the roughstrangerflesh is a jewel in the rough
Winnipeg
MC Status: 310

very cool progression!, would love to do a remix

------------------
strangerflesh is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:34 PM   #13
pkreegi
Sample Destroyer

Quote:
Here's a link which will gie you a few ideals on thigns to automate:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
Thank you so much, very useful stuff on there!

Quote:
be a great day
I Sure will be a great day )

And thanks for the rest as well, we can talk about making a remix as well

Advertisements