[Acid House] Vibe Origin - Sour Candy
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 04-02-2018, 11:18 PM   #1
Vibe Origin
Analog Lurker
Vibe Origin is a jewel in the roughVibe Origin is a jewel in the roughVibe Origin is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
[Acid House] Vibe Origin - Sour Candy

Advertisements

Vibe Origin is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [Acid House] Vibe Origin - Sour Candy.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:26 AM   #2
Smile_Price
Soundwave Mangler
Smile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to beholdSmile_Price is a splendid one to behold
MC Status: 960
Re: [Acid House] Vibe Origin - Sour Candy

There is a lot going on here, and it all works together which is pretty amazing. I thought it need a stronger kick at first, but when the layers pile on it really shines as a more ambient house track. It is like some old-school Ulrich Schnauss in that way. Actually it's like you made an Ozric Tentacles song into a good house song and I like it.

------------------
Smile_Price is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:35 PM   #3
DoYouSeeWhatISe
Minor Glitch
DoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enoughDoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enough
New England
MC Status: 110

So much good here...that crunchy rhythmic lead that comes in around 1 minute is so clean and textured. Really nice. The layers of synths leads are great.

I wouldn't call this acid house but who cares xD

I feel as though the cymbals / claps are a little flat sounding (not pitch wise but dynamically). It may be the feel you're going for, and I think it does leave more room for the synths to take more of the attention, I just personally find it a little tedious. The kicks and snares are perfect for my ears, however.

I really like this track. Well done, definitely will begin following you.
DoYouSeeWhatISe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 06:12 PM   #4
Vibe Origin
Analog Lurker
Vibe Origin is a jewel in the roughVibe Origin is a jewel in the roughVibe Origin is a jewel in the rough

Thanks guys!
Old 07-02-2018, 10:22 PM   #5
Vibe Origin
Analog Lurker

Did some sound updates.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:56 PM   #6
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8562280
Thanked 7,427 Times in 5,250 Posts

I dig it man. I really like the BoC type vibes with the acid line. I'd like a part where the acid line keeps pace with the high hats (more energetic). I'm not a huge fan of your high hat samples. Are they choked so they cut each other off? I'd be interested how it might sound that way. They are a tad splashy for me. Until the snare comes in, nothing in the mix really stands out to me it all feels a bit flat. Maybe do some gain staging automation there?

Despite my criticisms, I'm a huge fan of the juxtapositions going on here.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 06:04 PM   #7
Vibe Origin
Analog Lurker

I might try to play a bit with those drums, but I general I wanted a raw TR707 sound without much of effects. Maybe I will add a bit of short reverb to make them sound a bit bigger.
Old 12-02-2018, 02:01 AM   #8
dj200
IDMf's latest spammer
dj200 is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10

Great stuff. How u mentioned working on the drums would make that sound much better.
I suggest at first some compression. Maybe some sidechain on the synth also.
dj200 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 05:07 PM   #9
Lorenzo
Minor Glitch
Lorenzo will become famous soon enoughLorenzo will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110

It's acid but also melodic. I think it could be improved. There's much here, but drums are too weak and the track should finish after 3/4 minutes,maybe reducing a bit the main sequence in the middle.
Lorenzo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:45 PM   #10
Vibe Origin
Analog Lurker

I did some compression and a slight reverb on the drums, so they should be more present now.
Old 18-02-2018, 04:34 PM   #11
FTD
IDMf Artist
FTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MCFTD is a savage MC
MC Status: 3464855

It’s interesting, not sure I’d call it acid house but I think we’re all past that now. My criticism is the drums are still too weak in the mix and getting buried by the overlapping melodic elements of the track . I assume if you muted the drums and ran the rest of the track through a spectrum analyzer, there wouldn’t be any points of quiet or even close to it.

Nothing wrong with this, the wall of sound has been a production technique for years but you’re going to have to be more meticulous with each element of the drums to get them to fit in. I not sure if reverb is the answer. I think you’d have to look at each element separately and then run them through a buss with some parallel compression on it.

I’d also look at the keys and the musical elements to see where you could put in thin -3db notches to give the percussion just that little bit more room to come through.

The track title and image goes very well with the tune though

Advertisements

------------------
FTD is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote