[IDM / Glitchy] SB-Six - Bizar
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 04-02-2018, 04:56 PM   #1
steeboo
IDMf Artist
steeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MC
montfoort
MC Status: 75628539
[IDM / Glitchy] SB-Six - Bizar

My latest experiment, a glitchy IDM track.
It's 90% created on a eurorack modular, with the help of novation peak for the polyphonic sounds. In this piece I'm trying to find a nice balance between soothing and rough sounds, in a non-traditional way. It might be a little strange to some, but I guess the IDM crowd can handle it

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by A.M; 05-02-2018 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: Fixed Title

Advertisements

------------------
steeboo is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [IDM / Glitchy] SB-Six - Bizar.
Old 05-02-2018, 03:43 PM   #2
DoYouSeeWhatISe
Minor Glitch
DoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enoughDoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enough
New England
MC Status: 110
Re: [IDM / Glitchy]

Extremely dramatic, powerful sounds. Sounds really crisp to me. One of the bass voices is a little too muddied for my ears. Feels like it could have more depth. The pitch is on point, just its like a soft wall of bass.

At about 3 minutes in I find myself losing interest. Around 3:20 it starts to get crazy again and my ears perked back up, but I was definitely getting bored and wanted to press next. The bored feeling definitely goes away later, so maybe its the beginning that's a little too repetitive.

I think the polyrhythms you have going in the synth voices is greatly intricate. You're really dialed into something here.

And yes, this is a far out track. Probably not too accessible to the mainstream beyond a soundtrack score...but to my ears it is amazing! Great work. Great composition. I would be curious to see your writing process.
DoYouSeeWhatISe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:11 PM   #3
steeboo
IDMf Artist
steeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MCsteeboo is a savage MC
montfoort

Cool thanks for the review. I'll have a look at the bass... I'll have to wait a little and listen later again with fresh ears for I have worked too long on this and can't hear the repetition anymore But do you think the first 2 minutes part should be shorter, or the middle part, as that is where you lost interest?

------------------
Old 05-02-2018, 06:37 PM   #4
DoYouSeeWhatISe
Minor Glitch
DoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enoughDoYouSeeWhatISe will become famous soon enough
New England
MC Status: 110

I would say that the beginning carries on for too long, but afterwards the variety is often enough to keep it the same.
DoYouSeeWhatISe is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:22 AM   #5
steeboo
IDMf Artist
montfoort
Re: [IDM / Glitchy] SB-Six - Bizar

Cool, I'll revisit it next week to see what I can change... Thanks for the input!

Advertisements

------------------