[experimental] xvf -polyplay
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 27-01-2018, 09:10 PM   #1
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
MC Status: 45965648
Thanked 1,196 Times in 920 Posts
[experimental] xvf -polyplay

I tried incorporating polyrhythyms, not sure if i did it correctly

Last edited by A.M; 27-01-2018 at 10:45 PM.. Reason: Fixed Title

Advertisements

------------------
Br/ainfu+ked is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [experimental] xvf -polyplay.
Old 27-01-2018, 09:51 PM   #2
PPNDP
Radial Developer
PPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1760
Re: [experimental]-polyplay

If the polyrhythm is the thing as explained by this guy:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

(had to see it, never heard about it before)

I have problems to hear the exact structure of the beat in the track - maybe because the beat is very fast and very dense.

But still - interesting and educational!
PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2018, 10:24 PM   #3
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
Br/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MCBr/ainfu+ked is a savage MC
blah
Re: [experimental]-polyplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPNDP View Post
If the polyrhythm is the thing as explained by this guy:

(had to see it, never heard about it before)

I have problems to hear the exact structure of the beat in the track - maybe because the beat is very fast and very dense.

But still - interesting and educational!
kinda blurred the melody and the beat it on purpose to make it sound less annoying/bad
here is the unblurred version

------------------
Old 28-01-2018, 02:07 AM   #4
PPNDP
Radial Developer
PPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant futurePPNDP has a brilliant future
MC Status: 1760
Re: [experimental] xvf -polyplay

I think that unblurred version is better ( I mean - the part to 1.05 sounds good without any effects).
The rhythm is interesting but as I hear how polyrhythms sound on the real percussion it is very groovy...

What kind of effect do you want to accomplish exactly?

I've just seen the yt video where it is used but not in such extensive way in for example techno grooves like that:

or here:

but here it sounds very good as Neven shows in 4.52 - really groovy - 3 rhythms at the same time.
PPNDP is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 02:30 PM   #5
Br/ainfu+ked
IDMf Artist
blah
Re: [experimental] xvf -polyplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPNDP View Post
I think that unblurred version is better ( I mean - the part to 1.05 sounds good without any effects).
The rhythm is interesting but as I hear how polyrhythms sound on the real percussion it is very groovy...

What kind of effect do you want to accomplish exactly?

I've just seen the yt video where it is used but not in such extensive way in for example techno grooves like that:

or here:

but here it sounds very good as Neven shows in 4.52 - really groovy - 3 rhythms at the same time.
I did it because its harder for me to compose polyrhythyms using software without it sounding like garbage, just felt like pushing myself musically, I tried accenting the beat to make it sound less messy, thanks for the vids though it give me some idea on how to incoporate them thank you cheers.

Advertisements

------------------