What makes this sound?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Old 13-12-2017, 09:44 PM   #1
0m3nC0w
IDMf's latest spammer
0m3nC0w is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
What makes this sound?

Wondering if anyone can tell me what makes this sound at exactly 47 sec into the track. You'll know it when you hear it (it's the instrument making the lead melody, or rather some software perhaps).

Link is in "reason for editing" below.

Thanks -0m3nC0w

Last edited by relic; 13-12-2017 at 10:04 PM.. Reason: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2enYvxeTGlI

Advertisements

0m3nC0w is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 10:05 PM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8552330
Thanked 7,228 Times in 5,117 Posts
Re: What makes this sound?

Hey man. Hope you came here to become an actual member and not just get your question answered. I helped you out, but best read the forum rules for the future. I’ll have a listen here and try to help you out.

The high pitched sound? That’s just a vocal sample pitched up a fair few octaves. I’m not hearing anything else that comes in exactly at 47 seconds.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2017, 10:56 PM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 190260
Thanked 3,805 Times in 2,832 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
Hey man. Hope you came here to become an actual member and not just get your question answered. I helped you out, but best read the forum rules for the future. Iíll have a listen here and try to help you out.

The high pitched sound? Thatís just a vocal sample pitched up a fair few octaves. Iím not hearing anything else that comes in exactly at 47 seconds.

Yeah..what Relic said..plus it might even be a sample taken from a "Deep Forest" track..do a search over on YouTube and you'll find them easy enough. They tended to use a lot of "rain forest tribe" sort of samples on their tracks back when they were making waves in the 90s..I think.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 04:46 AM   #4
SamWeath
Minor Glitch
SamWeath is currently spamming hard

It's a sampled piece of a vocal which is used as a synth. You can cut it, load into a sampler and set some portamento and you will be done.
SamWeath is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2017, 06:22 AM   #5
Vault O)))
Dumb jerk
Vault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MCVault O))) is a savage MC
Florida
MC Status: 47660

I'm willing to bet it's her vocals being resampled, TBH.

------------------
Vault O))) is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2017, 01:32 AM   #6
pepehands
IDMf's latest spammer
pepehands is currently spamming hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault O))) View Post
I'm willing to bet it's her vocals being resampled, TBH.
Probably, yeah... it's not that difficult.

You can find information indepth about this kind of effect if you search a tutorial on "vocal chop" or "vocal slice" and how to do it, OP (I can't send you a link, but it's really easy to find on youtube).

Advertisements

pepehands is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote