Is sampling needed to produce completely Original Material?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Sound Design, Mixing, & Studio Techniques Need to know how to make a specific sound? Want to improve your mix? Need advice on micing-up a drum kit? This is the area for you.

Closed Thread
Old 19-02-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
Bluesh1ft
Sample Destroyer
Bluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond reputeBluesh1ft has a reputation beyond repute
In another world, usually
MC Status: 2710
Is sampling needed to produce completely Original Material?

I am deciding whether I should get Fl Studio "Fruity Edition" or "Producer Edition" But being a noob producer I am not sure the necessity of sampling original content. I understand sampling to mean taking a sample of a song and using it in a mix. I will never remix anything unless there is some technique where you sample your original content as part of the effects of the sound. Sorry if that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Is sampling a crucial part of making totally original content to design a particular sound? Perhaps I should put it this way... Is sampling your own beats an important part of the process for that professional sound? You see I'm having a hard time understanding all these arcade sound effects bouncing all over the place in modern edm. I am not sure if its simply a matter of automating an LFO or manipulating knobs or if these sounds are someone editing slicing and dicing and merging or slowing/speeding wave files. or some other effect. I wish there was a EDM manual on how to different types of sound effects. I dont want to copy anybody but in other genres of music I can conceive of a type of sound and say to myself "Yes the oboe would provide that quality of sound". Thanks for your help

Advertisements

Bluesh1ft is offline   Thanks
Old 19-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #2
lolirl
Savage Mad Cunt
lolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MClolirl is a savage MC
MC Status: 744041041
Thanked 7,472 Times in 4,627 Posts
Re: Is sampling needed to produce completely Original Material?

If it's sampling how can it be completely original?
But yes.
Not having sampling would limit you unnecessarily.
Most people use sampled drums for example.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Advertisements

lolirl is offline   Thanks
Closed Thread