Metro Last Light
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 23-04-2015, 09:12 PM   #1
GhostParty
Regular Freak
GhostParty is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Metro Last Light

I saw they had a sale on Xbox Live for the Metro series, I've played about 2 or so hours into it and I don't dislike it, but at the same time I'm not entirely crazy about it, it feels extremely linear despite me being able to revisit chapters.

I would have really liked a Fallout feeling with it, exploring post apocalyptic Moscow.

I guess I just wanted opinions on it, did I waste 10$, should I expect it to get fantastic?

Little to no spoilers please.

Advertisements

GhostParty is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Currently Listening To: BigK - Becoming the Machine
Old 24-04-2015, 04:03 PM   #2
Crude_beats
Banned
Crude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MCCrude_beats is a savage MC
Rocking my boat across the seven seas
MC Status: 115728
Re: Metro Last Light

Both games are unfortunately very linear. But the 2nd game I think is much better then the first.

In 2nd game its a lot about sneaking around and its fun for the first couple hours then it gets really repetitive. There are more cool stuff around in the "world" in 2nd game, better economy, cooler story events etc.

If you are to play one of the games before getting tired just roll with the 2nd one.

Oh it is last light you are playing? Then yeah it is that repetitive I think, I never actually finished it after taking on x room of stealthing around it became to repetitive for me and the AI isn't 100% either in those scenarios making it more a game of fooling AI then being really immersive. There are some variations in game play, running from things, getting jumped by things etc some of them work out nice others are more a hassle though.

I wouldn't say its a waste of $10 though, those couple of hours and first things in story I thought were kinda cool. I really loved the atmosphere and feeling in the first hour or so that alone would be worth $10 for me.
Crude_beats is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2015, 08:38 PM   #3
GhostParty
Regular Freak
GhostParty is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: Metro Last Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crude_beats View Post
Both games are unfortunately very linear. But the 2nd game I think is much better then the first.

In 2nd game its a lot about sneaking around and its fun for the first couple hours then it gets really repetitive. There are more cool stuff around in the "world" in 2nd game, better economy, cooler story events etc.

If you are to play one of the games before getting tired just roll with the 2nd one.

Oh it is last light you are playing? Then yeah it is that repetitive I think, I never actually finished it after taking on x room of stealthing around it became to repetitive for me and the AI isn't 100% either in those scenarios making it more a game of fooling AI then being really immersive. There are some variations in game play, running from things, getting jumped by things etc some of them work out nice others are more a hassle though.

I wouldn't say its a waste of $10 though, those couple of hours and first things in story I thought were kinda cool. I really loved the atmosphere and feeling in the first hour or so that alone would be worth $10 for me.

I had played a little bit more into it, I feel like 10$ was pretty well spent, it seems ridiculously linear and the AI is iffy but I am enjoying myself, reminds me somewhat of Dishonored, with a really simplistic sneaking mechanic. Still overall enjoying it.

Advertisements

GhostParty is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote