starting a track with a new approach - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Theory & Composition Questions & comments about composition, arrangement, and music theory. Music rules and how to follow or break them.

Old 22-02-2013, 06:58 AM   #21
Focalized
Man in the box
Focalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MCFocalized is a savage MC
Space Base
MC Status: 10378317
Re: starting a track with a new approach

I want try some tracks where I create a set group of sounds like they're instuments in an orchestra. And to not add or take away once I start the track. They can be pretty complex sound but I have to keep the patches as is and make them work. Post effects can be added but just basic things.

Enough sounds and percussion to fill the mixing range.

Advertisements

------------------
Focalized is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 05:47 AM   #22
mrsouth
Analog Lurker
mrsouth has a spectacular aura aboutmrsouth has a spectacular aura about
Chicago, IL
MC Status: 160

Once I made a track limiting myself to only one fairly limited soft synth, using as many instances that i needed (I think I ended up with 13) I used Marimka by NUSofting and used effects in creative ways to make different parts (kick, snare, pads, etc). I'm a n00b so I don't think I can share it yet, but it made me think outside the box. Setting up your own arbitrary limitations can challenge the brain to think in different and sometimes more creative ways. Sometimes the end result isn't half bad either.
mrsouth is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 12:11 PM   #23
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC
MC Status: 18027769

i forgot about this thread.
the latest news on my project is that i came to a point where no matter what i do i cant seem to progress my "mood" in to a track
ive tried lots of different approaches but nothing was working. i have pulled myself away from it for now though to get a break from it. i will go back to it soon with a fresh mind.

i still think this is a nice new approach for me to take though, but its just one of those things.

------------------
signature loading...
Parricide is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #24
Blingley
Madacu Sad Gent
Blingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MCBlingley is a savage MC
MC Status: 7237779

I start my tracks in random ways. Usually, when I get something, anything, that I really like done on the days I'm just doing sound design. I'll just build the track on top of that.

------------------
Blingley is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #25
Divercity
Red Gains signifies POWER
Divercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MCDivercity is a savage MC
MC Status: 109299477

My approach is usually different all the time.

It can start with a melody, Pad, Violin, Drum or percussive element. As long as I can get a flow going Im sorted.

------------------
"Live the early years of your life like most people wont, so you can live the rest of your life like most people can't"
Divercity is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #26
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198360
Thanked 3,967 Times in 2,954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
i forgot about this thread.
the latest news on my project is that i came to a point where no matter what i do i cant seem to progress my "mood" in to a track
ive tried lots of different approaches but nothing was working. i have pulled myself away from it for now though to get a break from it. i will go back to it soon with a fresh mind.

i still think this is a nice new approach for me to take though, but its just one of those things.
What is the mood you are going for and have you a complete melody or just a few bars? Also, what is the "beat" of the mood you currently have?

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #27
Parricide
Parricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MCParricide is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMechanics View Post
What is the mood you are going for and have you a complete melody or just a few bars? Also, what is the "beat" of the mood you currently have?
the mood ive built is a pushing and pulling thing. hard to explain but it kind of pulls back then slams back forward, maybe like a huge robot walking?
i havent built a melody or anything yet, well, nothing that has worked. the drums are only subtle intro drums. im pretty free with where i can go with it from here and im sure it will come together, just not yet
even bringing back the elements of the intro for the actual track is not really working, they sound too introey

------------------
signature loading...
Old 18-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #28
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 198360
Thanked 3,967 Times in 2,954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parricide View Post
the mood ive built is a pushing and pulling thing. hard to explain but it kind of pulls back then slams back forward, maybe like a huge robot walking?
i havent built a melody or anything yet, well, nothing that has worked. the drums are only subtle intro drums. im pretty free with where i can go with it from here and im sure it will come together, just not yet
even bringing back the elements of the intro for the actual track is not really working, they sound too introey
Hard to really suggest something useful without hearing it first, but you could try building it up with some kind of drone in the background and using that robot kind of thing as the beat and the going wit a melody on top of it all.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 02:07 AM   #29
Parricide

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMechanics View Post
Hard to really suggest something useful without hearing it first, but you could try building it up with some kind of drone in the background and using that robot kind of thing as the beat and the going wit a melody on top of it all.
thanks for the suggestions, ill keep that idea in mind. im not even sure if it sounds robotic any more though, i havent heard it for a while and the sounds are slipping my mind in a good way though i think, soon i will go back to it.

Advertisements

------------------
signature loading...