problem with progressive trance project
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Music Theory & Composition Questions & comments about composition, arrangement, and music theory. Music rules and how to follow or break them.

Old 13-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
t(-.-)t
Minor Glitch
t(-.-)t is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
problem with progressive trance project

youtube ( . ) com/watch?v=6TozU93rg1k&feature=youtu.be (remove the ( ) and the spaces)
So I started this project yesterday...
The problem is that I feel like that the chord progression sucks and sounds random.
On the other hand, I really enjoy how the progression makes the song feel dark.
I tried to recompose the progression but the result was always "not dark enough".
Now my question is:
Do you think the progression makes the song suck and I should recompose it until I find something useful?
Please notice that the project is totally unfinished.

Advertisements

t(-.-)t is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC
MC Status: 34650
Thanked 4,126 Times in 2,688 Posts
Re: problem with progressive trance project

Are you looking for feedback on a single song?

------------------
PROton42 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
t(-.-)t
Minor Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broton42 View Post
Are you looking for feedback on a single song?
Not exactly. I just want to know if you think that I should recompose the chord progression or if it's ok.
Old 13-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
PROton42
IDMf Artist
PROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MCPROton42 is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by t(-.-)t View Post
Not exactly. I just want to know if you think that I should recompose the chord progression or if it's ok.
Short answer: It's up to you really, if you like it keep it, if you don't, change it...

Long answer:

Ok this is kind of tedious but here goes: We have a section of the forum for that sort of thing called the [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]
and you can get feedback on particular aspects of a song there. Please note that you need a certain amount of meaningful posts to post there.

Now if you want to go in depth about the chord progression you're using, where you want to go with it, the people in THIS forum can help you out there, but I highly doubt anyone here is going to just load your youtube because of a bunch of buzz words in your post (and especially your defeatist attitude).

Once again, by all means go in depth about the project/album structure here, especially if you want to discuss the current chord progression and possible outcomes, but if you're just looking for feedback on a single song that you're not sure about, this isn't the place and the thread may even end up getting closed.

EDIT: If you are still having trouble with the forum categories there is a brief description on them here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Last edited by PROton42; 13-01-2013 at 05:18 PM..

------------------
Old 13-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
t(-.-)t
Minor Glitch

Quote:
Short answer: It's up to you really, if you like it keep it, if you don't, change it...

Long answer:

Ok this is kind of tedious but here goes: We have a section of the forum for that sort of thing called the listening booth and you can get feedback on particular aspects of a song there. Please note that you need a certain amount of meaningful posts to post there.

Now if you want to go in depth about the chord progression you're using, where you want to go with it, the people in THIS forum can help you out there, but I highly doubt anyone here is going to just load your youtube because of a bunch of buzz words in your post (and especially your defeatist attitude).

Once again, by all means go in depth about the project/album structure here, especially if you want to discuss the current chord progression and possible outcomes, but if you're just looking for feedback on a single song that you're not sure about, this isn't the place and the thread may even end up getting closed.
Short answer: Aha.

Long answer:
I know that there's "The Listening Booth", but as you said I can't post there yet.
So my mind went like: "I have problems with the composition and I don't want any other feedback so let's post it in "Theory & Composition"."

So I have a "defeatist attitude".
There's nothing defeatist about my post, I'm just not sure if I like the progression. My brother said that it's bad, so I became even more unsure about it, so I just wanted to ask for some thoughts on it.
Sorry but i think of your ("long and tedious") answer as defeatist.
And yeah loading my youtube is so much work...
When I use buzzwords it could be because my mother-language isn't english and because I'm known for using cumbersome expressions.

You don't really get why I opened this thread.

"Once again, by all means go in depth about the project/album structure here, especially if you want to discuss the current chord progression and possible outcomes, but if you're just looking for feedback on a single song that you're not sure about, this isn't the place and the thread may even end up getting closed."

I want to go in depth about the current chord progression and possible outcomes and not for getting feedback.
(I wrote that more than once.)

I don't want to start arguing here...

Peace, I hope you're not mad at me.
Old 13-01-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
PROton42
IDMf Artist

Mmmm. Hopefully you get some better responses here then! And about the defeatist attitude, I simply meant you didn't sound like you enjoyed the song at all, thinking it "sucked" and that is totally not the way to go about music, do what you enjoy! And by buzzwords I simply meant a lot of the "progressive, progression (go into depth about the progression here, don't just say 'oh it's a progressive progression and it's progressing' lol)," and your definition of the term Project.

I don't mean to say "go elsewhere because we won't help you here" we just get a LOT of spam and when the first thing I saw was a link to listen to a track, in the theory/composition forum, by someone who didn't have enough posts to post links (because we get a lot of spam), I wanted to know your intentions.

Definitely not mad, definitely don't want you to leave, thank you for the in depth reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t(-.-)t View Post
Sorry but i think of your ("long and tedious") answer as defeatist.
Heh, it would have been defeatist for me to have given up and not posted anything at all.

------------------
Old 13-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
t(-.-)t
Minor Glitch

Quote:
Mmmm. Hopefully you get some better responses here then! And about the defeatist attitude, I simply meant you didn't sound like you enjoyed the song at all, thinking it "sucked" and that is totally not the way to go about music, do what you enjoy! And by buzzwords I simply meant a lot of the "progressive, progression (go into depth about the progression here, don't just say 'oh it's a progressive progression and it's progressing' lol)," and your definition of the term Project.

I don't mean to say "go elsewhere because we won't help you here" we just get a LOT of spam and when the first thing I saw was a link to listen to a track, in the theory/composition forum, by someone who didn't have enough posts to post links (because we get a lot of spam), I wanted to know your intentions.

Definitely not mad, definitely don't want you to leave, thank you for the in depth reply!

Heh, it would have been defeatist for me to have given up and not posted anything at all.
It's ok dude, but I kind of get easily into a mode where I think about what you write over and over again and tend to see it as very aggressive and offensive against me.
I'll probably think the whole day about what you wrote and might write, but anyway...
The thing with enjoying, after producing the song for like 7 hours, I wasn't sure if it's good or if my ears are tired.
I kinda like it and kinda not...
My vocabulary while writing is quite limited, but I understand almost everything I need to in english, but I'm really bad at writing (also in german).

Advertisements