What is modular systems & programming? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Modular software & programming MaxMSP, Reaktor, Pure Data, Jeskola BUZZ, and other modular programs. Any questions relating to these programs (patching, favorite ensembles) should be posted in this forum.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:34 AM   #21
I/O_Madness
Criminal Mastermind
I/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MCI/O_Madness is a savage MC
Wyoming
MC Status: 11477954
Re: What is modular systems & programming?

Also, @crackmontage

If you're interested n maxmsp, you may conaider pure data, which maxmsp is based on, and which also is free. Otherwise, you can get maxmsp but it costs a bit tho.

Advertisements

------------------
Music please - Unregistered needs to get in the CHATROOM!!!
music by I/O_Madness --- facebook
CHECK OUT THE LATEST BEAT BATTLE!!

I/O_Madness
I/O_Madness is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2013, 05:30 AM   #22
mflandez
Learning The Ropes
mflandez will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 60
Re: What is modular systems & programming?

I'm currently taking a introductory class for musicians on programming. Which means writing code. Fun but it also need a lot of dedication. Im taking online for free through coursera.org. I recommend it to anyone who is serious or mad enough about computer sound design. Its kind of like what modular is in the electrical analog world. One line can change your composition in so many ways and on top of that, you get to use randomness.
Next Ill be investigating more on generative systems.

there is an awesome video of brian eno talking about generative systmes in music together with will wright who is a master at video games and AI. I can post it here cause my counter is still low. but you should check it out to understand or rather be mesmerized by the oportunities that come with programing sound.

Advertisements

mflandez is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote