Can anyone name this tune?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Track ID's & Tracklistings Post & Request Tracklistings & Track ID's

Old 12-06-2011, 10:01 PM   #1
neoevolution
Learning The Ropes
neoevolution is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Can anyone name this tune?

Hey guys, I've been a long time admirer of IDMF, and was I hoping that some of you "old school" electronica listeners out there can help me out.

Anyway, around 1999-2001 I was given a compilation CD by a friend of mine with a few tunes he thought I might enjoy. Turns out, I liked about 3 out of about 16 tracks that were on the CD. Unfortunately, I've lost touch with my friend and am unable to contact him. Through some digging, I found out the names of the 2 other tracks, but I couldn't find the Artist/Album for the last track. I've probably listened to it a thousand times over the past 10 years and never bothered to find out exactly who produced it. The tune is posted below.

Personally, I think the track is truly epic and I'd love to find out even just its exact genre, or even tunes similar to this one. I have no idea what the song is, or even exactly what electronica genre this falls into, as there are so many. I've had many fellow electronic music fans give me genres which seem similar, however I don't believe any were very close. I have a feeling this falls into the acid trance category, although I'm not entirely sure. I've even tried "Shazaming" the track with the app on my Android, but still to no avail.

But if anyone out there knows the artist, album, or even the specific genre of this tune, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd be glad to share the rest of the tracks on the CD to those who can help or are interested. Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

neoevolution is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #2
RDMT
Analog Lurker
RDMT is a savage MCRDMT is a savage MCRDMT is a savage MCRDMT is a savage MCRDMT is a savage MCRDMT is a savage MCRDMT is a savage MCRDMT is a savage MCRDMT is a savage MCRDMT is a savage MCRDMT is a savage MC
MC Status: 136057
Re: Can anyone name this tune?

Acid Trance/Goa Trance, never heard the song tho... but im pretty sure this falls under that
RDMT is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2011, 03:56 AM   #3
Got Awesome?
Analog Lurker
Got Awesome? is a savage MCGot Awesome? is a savage MCGot Awesome? is a savage MCGot Awesome? is a savage MCGot Awesome? is a savage MCGot Awesome? is a savage MCGot Awesome? is a savage MCGot Awesome? is a savage MCGot Awesome? is a savage MCGot Awesome? is a savage MCGot Awesome? is a savage MC
MC Status: 525936

Sounds like the UK acid-trance / NRG 99-01 era. A few labels that come to mind:

Stay Up Forever (Label Collective)
Tinrib (as in Captain Tinrib)

I can't get closer than that, but those two labels and their associated labels / artists / sounds would be a good starting point IMHO. It's not really Goa Trance, it's more clubby, and I think a search through endless psy/goa labels would be fruitless in your quest to ID the tune, but a lot of fun nonetheless.

What were the other IDs you found out of interest (just to get some context).

------------------
there must be some mistake I didn't mean to let them take away my soul am I too old is it too late

my soundcloud my last.fm
Got Awesome? is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2011, 11:23 PM   #4
neoevolution
Learning The Ropes

Thanks Awesome and RDMT. I thought it *might* be something within the Psy or Goa genres. I looked up the two suggested artists, and it sounds like Captain Tinrib might be the closest sound to what I'm looking for.

There's a bit of an "uplifing" trance melody mixed in with the looped acid lines, which is my favorite part of the track. The other track on the CD which kind of had the same kind of loops over an uplifting type of melody was:

Mike Koglin - The Silence (Original 12" Mix)
">

This one I found on "Maximum Hardcore" (1999). Thus, I'm guessing the sound is around the 1997-2001 time frame.

Anyway, if you guys have some other suggestions I'd be happy to hear them. Thanks again!
Old 20-09-2011, 01:48 AM   #5
taxidriver
Regular Freak
taxidriver is currently spamming hard

Here you go : Aurora Borealis- The milky way (ffrr records)

taxidriver is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2011, 02:39 AM   #6
neoevolution
Learning The Ropes

TAXIDRIVER YOU ARE AMAZING!!! I've been searching for the name of this tune for nearly 10 years. Thank you so much for helping me out with this!

I just had a rough day (being rejected from a graduate program) and you have turned my day around completely.

Thank you again for making these forums awesome!

Advertisements