What can Ableton not do that other DAW's can and vice versa? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Workstation Center Digital audio workstations (DAW), trackers, sequencers and programming.

Old 27-04-2016, 06:38 PM   #61
chasedobson
IDMf Artist
chasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MCchasedobson is a savage MC
Denver, CO
MC Status: 1541177
Thanked 2,059 Times in 1,319 Posts
Re: What can Ableton not do that other DAW's can and vice versa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post

Massive fan of Live's notes. It's such a deep feature and the integration with native components is amazing. I use these religiously and it's amazing when you load a rack up a year or two later and you hover over one of its controls and it says something like, "Tweak for maximum squa." That's when I'm like, "Oh, what's this do?"
wait what? time to RTFM

Advertisements

------------------
chasedobson is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 01:51 AM   #62
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC
MC Status: 6906559
Thanked 3,547 Times in 2,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasedobson View Post
wait what? time to RTFM
Right click > Edit Info Text
Jaded is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2016, 02:30 AM   #63
jbvdb493
IDMf Supporter
jbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MCjbvdb493 is a savage MC
MC Status: 32360

Starting to use link quite a bit, and I am liking it a lot.
I have been coming up with ideas on the couch on the iPad and the no need for any midi connection between the iPad and the computer just the audio interface and start tracking away!
jbvdb493 is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 03:38 AM   #64
Kyrpto
Sample Destroyer
Kyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

Quote:
Yeah nah. Multiple VST folders are totally unnecessary on modern operating systems. Just create a 'VST' folder and create a bunch of symlinks to each of your respective plugin folders and point Live to that folder. And yay! You can actually make symlinks on win really easily now thanks to powershell (can't remember which IDMf cunt put me on to that, but thanks).
I actually found an easy workaround for that. Just create a shortcut folder to your default VST folder.

Quote:
Again. Not needed because you can just use jBridge. Another really great option, which seems totally obvious is to just load up Live 8 when you want to use a 32-bit plugin. I still have Live 5 on a VM so I can access old projects without breaking compatibility... Besides, we should be maintaining old software and keeping it in a usable state if we want to use it.
Yes you can use 3rd party stuff to use 32-bit plugins but it's still a draw back as many DAWs have that feature builtin. I actually have both 32-bit and 64-bit Ableton 9 installed. The problem is that many of my older synths are 32-bit only.

Last edited by Kyrpto; 02-05-2016 at 03:45 AM..
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:25 AM   #65
Jaded
Total mad cunt
Jaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MCJaded is a savage MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrpto View Post
I actually have both 32-bit and 64-bit Ableton 9 installed. The problem is that many of my older synths are 32-bit only.
Yes, and Live 8 is 32-bit only. Problem solved
Old 07-05-2016, 03:58 PM   #66
Kyrpto
Sample Destroyer
Kyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to allKyrpto is a name known to all
MC Status: 560

Quote:
Yes, and Live 8 is 32-bit only. Problem solved
Well I don't have Ableton 8
Kyrpto is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:51 AM   #67
Tsachi
IDMf Artist
Tsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MCTsachi is a savage MC
MC Status: 12160

Jbridge solves the 32-64 bit thing and it only costs like 15 bucks

------------------
Tsachi is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:04 AM   #68
Jaded
Total mad cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrpto View Post
Well I don't have Ableton 8
If you have one application which plays 32-bit synths and another which plays 64-bit plugins, you have no problems. I thought you meant Live 8 as 9 is 64 bit only on Mac.

Point is, you're complaining about nothing. Seriously. Harden up and get over it as I'm pretty sure both 32 and 64 bit apps have a great feature that lets you export a wav file.

Man kids today! So soft and squishy...

Advertisements