[?IDM/] Tzarar - ~Galactic vendor bot__
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Listening Booth YOUR MUSIC ONLY. Don't post music from your label or DJ night. No podcasts or radio shows, just individual tracks. Give some feedback, get some in return. Please follow the title format: [Genre] Artist - Title

Old 07-09-2017, 06:00 AM   #1
Tzarar
Minor Glitch
Tzarar has a spectacular aura aboutTzarar has a spectacular aura aboutTzarar has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210
[?IDM/] Tzarar - ~Galactic vendor bot__

Hi all. First post in here...
Bit of an odd mix. Ohwell.
Don't really know what genre to put it under.

=)

Last edited by Tzarar; 10-09-2017 at 09:49 AM..

Advertisements

Tzarar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Rate this track - [?IDM/] Tzarar - ~Galactic vendor bot__.
Old 07-09-2017, 06:37 AM   #2
White Noise
Deep Underground
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 19560
Re: [?IDM/]~Galactic vendor bot__ (tsara)

The drums/perc are nice and finely processed, but it seems to push the synths and other sounds out of the way. It sounds to me like you just turned everything else down to make room for the drums, which could totally be your artistic choice. But, it might be good to duck the other instruments using dynamic equalizers set up as sidechain compressors in a specific frequency range. I could also tell that this track had pretty big dynamic range, or at least the tonal elements did, and flattening that just the slightest bit might have gotten more volume out of them.

Overall, not a bad song, just wish I could hear a bit more of the music over the drums.

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 06:51 AM   #3
Tzarar
Minor Glitch
Tzarar has a spectacular aura aboutTzarar has a spectacular aura aboutTzarar has a spectacular aura about
MC Status: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
The drums/perc are nice and finely processed, but it seems to push the synths and other sounds out of the way. It sounds to me like you just turned everything else down to make room for the drums, which could totally be your artistic choice. But, it might be good to duck the other instruments using dynamic equalizers set up as sidechain compressors in a specific frequency range. I could also tell that this track had pretty big dynamic range, or at least the tonal elements did, and flattening that just the slightest bit might have gotten more volume out of them.

Overall, not a bad song, just wish I could hear a bit more of the music over the drums.
Thanks for the constructive feedback!!
It was a bit of a weird mix, and I exported a lot to audio to soon/chucked a bit too much chaos in there.

This is the first tune I've ever used proper headphonse with (Rolands), and have been mixing on iPhone headphones forever!! Hah.

Quote:
duck the other instruments using dynamic equalizers set up as sidechain compressors in a specific frequency range.
Hmm... Have you got any reading material/videos on Dynamic EQ/Compression? I'm gonna work through this. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

Quote:
I could also tell that this track had pretty big dynamic range,
!! Cool. Can you clarify what is meant by this? You mean it hits a broad range of frequencies all together?

------------------
Tzarar is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:49 AM   #4
Roo Stercogburn
IDMf SupporterIDMf ArtistAdministrator
Roo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MCRoo Stercogburn is a savage MC
On horseback
MC Status: 42379499
Thanked 4,910 Times in 3,207 Posts

Aha! Found you

I like the drums though they are pushed a little too much to the front of everything. Not much, just a wee bit. Some wierd fade outs/ins on them during the track that I don't think work too well. It would be better if they had different hit strengths (or midi volume value, whatever you choose to call it) for that kind of thing rather than using the fader.

Because everything is at the back of the drums, when the drums disappear, you lose all forward motion in the track and it seems to lose its place. There's nothing for the ear to easily latch onto to keep it going.

Despite the crits, quite liked this. It was a nice ride to the end and never got boring.

Cheers for sharing

------------------
Roo Stercogburn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:49 AM   #5
White Noise
Deep Underground
White Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MCWhite Noise is a savage MC
California
MC Status: 19560

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzarar View Post
Hmm... Have you got any reading material/videos on Dynamic EQ/Compression? I'm gonna work through this. [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

!! Cool. Can you clarify what is meant by this? You mean it hits a broad range of frequencies all together?
I think building your own dynamic EQ will give you a sense for what's going on. If you need more, just look for tutorials on youtube, really, I don't have a preference when it comes to that sort of thing.

Dynamic range actually doesn't have much to do with frequencies. It has to do with loudness. Dynamic range is the difference between the loudest and quietest part of your song. If you meter with this: [Only registered and activated users can see links. Click here to register]

It will tell you the dynamic range of your track in the loudness range box. Just run it as the last plugin on your master output. There's no right or wrong dynamic range, but it feels like your track could use a bit less than wherever it is. You'd bring that down with limiting and compression in the master stage however you like to do that to a more reasonable number. Most people compare against tracks that they want to sound like. I can't tell you what to aim for, but you'll at least know how to figure it out yourself and how to get there.

Advertisements

------------------
Also, check this out.

White Noise is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote