Deep house "club" songs?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

House / Dubstep Discussion of music similar to Deep Dish, Kaskade, Burial, Rusko, Deadmau5.

Old 03-09-2017, 08:21 PM   #1
Astrix
IDMf's latest spammer
Astrix is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Deep house "club" songs?

Hi!

I've got my eyes up for deep house, but there are some songs I like extra well. The problem is that I do not know about any artists (other than those I have mentioned) that make song like this. It's the typical "club" beat that i love. Can anyone recommend any other songs like these, or artists?

This is the type of songs that I mean.

philip george - wish you were mine
Low Steppa - I Won't Stop
DJ Zinc feat. Amber Jolene - Friday Night

Advertisements

Astrix is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:11 AM   #2
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8530180
Thanked 6,785 Times in 4,835 Posts
Re: Deep house "club" songs?

My first stop would be checking out all the labels they've released these songs on. Most dance labels are fairly niche. I bet a lot of the content on those labels is similar. Discogs will help you out, surely.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:30 PM   #3
Brookside_Chase
IDMf's latest spammer
Brookside_Chase is currently spamming hard
MC Status: 10
Re: Deep house "club" songs?

A great way to get into any genre of house music is browsing Traxsource or Beatport. Traxsource is more user friendly in my opinion. Type in the name of the artist you like and their tracks will show up along with the labels on which they have released their tracks. If you click on the track, often times top 10 lists show up where other DJs have listed a particular track in their top 10 list. If you go to the top 10 lists you will definitely find other artists with a similar style to what you like. I am a DJ and producer so I love "digital crate" digging stuff like this. Also discogs is great too, but being able to quickly click through audio samples of different tracks cuts down on time.

Also, just a suggestion but you may enjoy digging into the history of the sound and the particular club basslines that you are talking about, with tracks like "Show Me Love" by Robin S and "Dreamer" by Living Joy. People laugh off Living Joy as eurodance music but the bassline in Dreamer is incredible and always has been.

Last, there is a new 2017 mix of the classic "Big Fun" by Inner City. The extended remix. You would probably like that as well!

Advertisements

Brookside_Chase is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote