The disappearance of Mormo
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

Intelligent Dance Music / Electronica IDM, braindance, ambient techno, electronica or whatever else you call Warp/Skam/Schematic/Planet-Mu/Rephlex/Raster-Noton type music goes here.

Old 23-08-2017, 09:50 PM   #1
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80993330
Thanked 4,062 Times in 2,634 Posts
The disappearance of Mormo

What's going on with that guy ?

For those of you who don't know him, Mormo is a Dutch IDM artist who released some of the best IDM of the decade on bedroom research in 2010.

But since these impressive, clever, and playful compositions, nothing is to be heard of Mormo. His discogs profile links to a defunct website, and a myspace page.

I was just relistening to this album today and wondered if he had any recent activity to show? Maybe under a different alias, or in a different medium (which seems to be common around idm artists).

So I did a bit of research and it seems Tomasz Kaye, who's behind the Mormo moniker, is now active on a website that makes -- in his own words -- anti-political propaganda.
On his website you can find a dozen of videos he made on topics such as taxation (in his most discussed animation video, George ought to help), bitcoins or anarchy.

He also made a race game that seems to be named after a classic bollywood song.

That's all his name seems to be associated with in the period since he released Epicurian Swerve.
So IDM.

Advertisements

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Lug
iDoG (24-08-2017)
Old 24-08-2017, 01:51 AM   #2
saneliv
Knob Twiddler
saneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond reputesaneliv has a reputation beyond repute
MC Status: 2760
Re: The disappearance of Mormo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug View Post
What's going on with that guy ?

For those of you who don't know him, Mormo is a Dutch IDM artist who released some of the best IDM of the decade on bedroom research in 2010.

But since these impressive, clever, and playful compositions, nothing is to be heard of Mormo. His discogs profile links to a defunct website, and a myspace page.

I was just relistening to this album today and wondered if he had any recent activity to show? Maybe under a different alias, or in a different medium (which seems to be common around idm artists).

So I did a bit of research and it seems Tomasz Kaye, who's behind the Mormo moniker, is now active on a website that makes -- in his own words -- anti-political propaganda.
On his website you can find a dozen of videos he made on topics such as taxation (in his most discussed animation video, George ought to help), bitcoins or anarchy.

He also made a race game that seems to be named after a classic bollywood song.

That's all his name seems to be associated with in the period since he released Epicurian Swerve.
So IDM.

This is way more interesting than his electronic music... I disagree w him on so many levels... very stimulating.... Thanks for turning me onto this...

------------------
saneliv is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to saneliv
Lug (24-08-2017)
Old 24-08-2017, 04:56 AM   #3
Lug
Soxdix
Lug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MCLug is a savage MC
MC Status: 80993330
Thanked 4,062 Times in 2,634 Posts
Re: The disappearance of Mormo

I agree, it's good food for thought even though most of the argument comes from a specific worldview. He regularly posts articles on medium https://medium.com/@mormo_music and is also pretty active on twitter https://twitter.com/mormo_music

Advertisements

------------------
( o)<
|vv|
Lug is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote