Anyone make videos with Unreal Engine here?
You are Unregistered, please register to gain Full access.    
Advertisements

The Side Room Off topic chat about pretty much anything other than music. Try to be respectful. Strong debate is welcomed, insults and trolling are not. This area is for over 18's only and may occasionally contain NSFW material, although it's not encouraged.

Old 07-08-2017, 04:47 PM   #1
Black-Antlers
Minor Glitch
Black-Antlers will become famous soon enoughBlack-Antlers will become famous soon enough
MC Status: 110
Anyone make videos with Unreal Engine here?

Ive been watching a lot of these lately and they look amazing. Sorry I can't post clips cause I just got on this forum.... Anyone use this to create video though. Id love to see!

Advertisements

Black-Antlers is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 06:25 PM   #2
localspace
Minor Glitch
localspace is a jewel in the roughlocalspace is a jewel in the roughlocalspace is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260
Re: Anyone make videos with Unreal Engine here?

Not to create video, but I have been messing around with a lot, trying to make game graphics. It's pretty awesome what it can do. The audio engine is nice too. Not sure if that update went in already, but they were gonna overhaul it with some cool features. It looked you could build a kind of synth with it, even.
localspace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to localspace
Black-Antlers (08-08-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 07:32 AM   #3
Black-Antlers
Minor Glitch
Black-Antlers will become famous soon enoughBlack-Antlers will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by localspace View Post
Not to create video, but I have been messing around with a lot, trying to make game graphics. It's pretty awesome what it can do. The audio engine is nice too. Not sure if that update went in already, but they were gonna overhaul it with some cool features. It looked you could build a kind of synth with it, even.
Wow thats crazy I didn't know they had an audio engine. So do you basically need a graphic design background to get a handle on it? or is it pretty self explanatory ?
Old 08-08-2017, 08:04 AM   #4
localspace
Minor Glitch
localspace is a jewel in the roughlocalspace is a jewel in the roughlocalspace is a jewel in the rough
MC Status: 260

It's somewhere in between, I guess. They made it as simple and streamlined as possible, but it is still a complex 3d game engine in the end Easy to pick up, hard to master. 3d is more complex and technical than music. If you want to be a great 3d artist, or a great programmer you're gonna have to put in the time, just like with music.

But at the same time, it's a great place to start. It doesn't explain itself, but Epic does a fantastic job at it. The way they provide learning resources, documentation, updates, support and everything is really second to none. You can come in with no background at all and learn to make cool things with it. They won't be fully fledged games, obviously.. but that doesn't matter.
The basic architecture is node based, so if you can work with Reaktor, Max or things like that you'll feel right at home.
localspace is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to localspace
Black-Antlers (08-08-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 11:52 AM   #5
Black-Antlers
Minor Glitch

Ayone care to share their work here?

Advertisements